FedEx Office

Relevance Date Difficulty

Center Consultant Interview

Center Consultant
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office.

Interview Details – You will be required to take an online exam. Interview process includes questions about multi-tasking abilities, software skills, ability to ask questions, how one deals with conflict, etc. Fairly Generic.

Interview Question – I was asked what the most stressful situation is that I've been in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was offered 10.00 hourly and I took it.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office in July 2011.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview, a face to face interview with the store manager as well as an interview with the district manager. Hired on as a focus of the retail side of the center. Had to take an extensive online application and assessment that took about 2.5 hours total to complete. A lot of math was involved.

Interview Question – I wasn't entirely sure exactly what an Assistant Manager did in regards to FedEx Office, When asking what i would do in certain situations, it was hard to base what I would do because i wasn't sure of company policies. Use of logic and common sense definitely helped answer questions.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx Office in April 2012.

Interview Details – Get ready for them to start reading from a script and asking you questions that they couldn't even answer themselves, if they didn't have their cheat sheets in front of their face. I was actually interviewed twice for the job that I possessed at that time, but was wanting to move to another city.

Interview Question – When applying for a job with NO customer interaction I was asked "how would you deal with a difficult customer? One who wanted they job completed before you knew we could have the job complete or were having equipment problems".   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted for the first time 5 days later by an HR representative that wished to schedule the first of what would be three total interviews.

My first interview with the HR rep was conducted the next day and consisted of being asked to walk the Rep through my employment history, describing my duties and responsibilities for each position held.
A scenario question was asked: An employee has been 15 minutes or more late 3 times in the past few weeks. He/She has just arrived for work, late for the third time. What would you do as the manager on duty?
The interview lasted for about an hour and was not at all difficult. The HR representative was very kind and informative of what was to happen next should I meet the criteria for what FedEx Office is looking for in their candidates for management positions, giving me a timeline of when I should hear from her next and what would follow if I was selected to for a second interview.

I was contacted 2 days later and was informed that I was selected for the second of three potential interviews. The HR rep gave me the name of the hiring manager and told me to expect a call from him that day or the following. The same day I was contacted by the Center Manager of the store I applied to. The interview was scheduled for the followin day. The Center Manager was very friendly and casual. Again I was asked to walk through my resume, detailing my experience as it relates to the position applied for. Next I was asked a series of questions, some of which were as follows:
Q. How do you deal with difficult customers?
Q. Why are you interested in working for FedEx Office?
Q. Why should you be hired?
The interview lasted for about 30 minutes which was the amount of time the Center Manager stated it would take at the beginning of the interview. The CM explained the next steps in his process, sharing that he was going to pass my information along to his District Manager with his recommendation and that I should hear back from him soon if the District Manager was interested in scheduling the third and final interview.

10 days later the third and final interview was scheduled. The District Manager conducted the interview in a similar fashion as the Center Manager had. The DM shared that the notes he recieved regarding my previous interview contained many great responses regarding my answers to the questions. Some of the questions asked by the DM were as follows:
Describe your management style.
Describe a time you had to coach another employee.
This interview was no more difficult than any of the others and took about 45 minutes to complete.

At the end of each ot the three interviews I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I might have and for each of them I had multiple questions for my interviewer. I believe having questions to follow up with that pertain to the company and/or the specific position serve to show a genuine interest and help to present the applicant as one whom has given sufficient consideration to position, demonstrating a degree of comittment and is not flippant about the opportunity.

In total it took only 3 weeks from initial applilcation submitted to job offer. There was no abiguity or grey area involved. I felt well-informed and respected by my interviewers. I would highly recommend FedEx Office to others as an excellent place of employment.

Typically both the second and third interviews are face to face interviews, held in the center that you're applying for. However, I was applying to a location out of state and therefore was granted phone interviews for all three. This is not to be expected as standard and is up to the discretion of both the Center and District Managers involved.

Interview Question – If recently some company policies had changed and were received poorly by your current staff, with morale being much lower than usual, what would you do as part of the management team to address the situation?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – An unexpected situation occurred that prevented me from being able to follow through with my plans to relocate for the position. I have every intention of reapplying with FedEx Office in the future.

Very Easy Interview

Lead Consultant Interview

Lead Consultant
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at FedEx Office in July 2012.

Interview Details – - phone interview
- took a few days for response

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office.

Interview Details – Consisted of a phone interview and one in person interview with Senior Center Manager and assistant manager. Offered job a few days later

Interview Question – Pretty basic stuff.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office in October 2011.

Interview Details – I actually interviewed originlly for the Assistant Manager position from another store, but they hired someone from within the company and I needed a job so I took this instead. The interview process was long in terms of the wait in bewteen interviews took weeks. The actual store interview was more just talking and them trying to emphasize that I could move into management quickly or into a possible field technology position (this was not true).

Interview Question – Iyt was just a general interview about experience and also asking the basic questions regarding strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotian phase. It was literally. We can't offer what you were looking for with the management position but this is what we are paying the S&G specialist.

Production Coordinator Interview

Production Coordinator
Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Office in August 2010.

Interview Details – Online screening test. two interviews. Drug screening background check. Took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – How do you deliver the purple promise?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They didn't negotiate on wage. Though I should have asked for more because they started me at a very low wage.

Technical Support Interview

Ventura, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx Office in September 2008.

Interview Details – Easy interview. Very laid back. Was asked a few very basic computer troubleshooting questions, how to handle different types of people (irate, unhelpful, etc). Pretty standard interview for an entry-level phone support job.

Interview Question – Explain the troubleshooting process for a failing VPN connection.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is standard for this job title @ $19.24/hr

Center Manager Interview

Center Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx Office in December 2008.

Interview Details – Learn how to talk the talk of "COORPERATE" being friends with a DM doesn't hurt. Any kind of internal recomendation goes a long way. Be prepared for a lot of redundant questions, don't talk to much say a lot with out saying too much.

Interview Question – How have you prepared for this postion outside your current career?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FedEx Office