FedEx Office

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.6

Center Manager Interview

It was easy more looking for experience and accomplishments

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FedEx Office.

Applied online and was quickly contacted by a recruiter. Set up a phone interview and was recommended for a face-to-face interview at the store that I applied at. The interview went really well and lasted for almost an hour and a half.

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office in August 2013.

Phone interview.
    1 on 1 interview.
    Drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know of the company success?   View Answer
    none.. you accept anything when you really really need it.

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office.

The company really focuses on hiring people with outgoing personalities. It's specialty retail so that makes sense. The second most important quality is time management, and organization. This also makes a lot of sense since every position in the field for FXO is heavily tasked. Your overall appearance isn't a deal breaker, but each person in a panel interview will watch how many notes you take, and how quickly you move from those notes to asking probing questions. FedEx OpCo. prides itself on living the Purple Promise so having a fundamental understanding of experiential customer service is important.

Interview Questions
    • Which past manager has liked you the least, and what would this person tell me about you?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. I received a second interview, and shortly thereafter an offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upland, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FedEx Office in May 2013.

Interviewed with an assistant manager, store manager, then the district manager. Application was online and easy enough but it was harder to make the store manager understand I was a serious applicant even after another store manager recommended me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you deserve to make more than the rest of my staff?   View Answer
    Able to negotiate but do your research on what the average rate of pay is at that store. Most employees will tell you what they make.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office.

Applied online. Got a call for a interview a few weeks later. Interview went great. The basic interview questions were asked. Interviewee was very impressed with me ("You're exactly who were looking to hire") and wanted to have a second interview. Gave me a number to get it set-up, told me who to ask for and when to call. I called and was told they "haven't decided". Thirty minutes, I received a email that they decided "not to fill the position and closing the requisition."

It was a complete waste of my time and gas. Complete let down.

Took a test and passed.
    Hired when it was Kinkos
    Now it is hired through FedEx website and screened by recruiters

Pay scale document mirrors Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office.

You will be required to take an online exam. Interview process includes questions about multi-tasking abilities, software skills, ability to ask questions, how one deals with conflict, etc. Fairly Generic.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what the most stressful situation is that I've been in.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was offered 10.00 hourly and I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FedEx Office in October 2012.

I applied online and was contacted for the first time 5 days later by an HR representative that wished to schedule the first of what would be three total interviews.

My first interview with the HR rep was conducted the next day and consisted of being asked to walk the Rep through my employment history, describing my duties and responsibilities for each position held.
    A scenario question was asked: An employee has been 15 minutes or more late 3 times in the past few weeks. He/She has just arrived for work, late for the third time. What would you do as the manager on duty?
    The interview lasted for about an hour and was not at all difficult. The HR representative was very kind and informative of what was to happen next should I meet the criteria for what FedEx Office is looking for in their candidates for management positions, giving me a timeline of when I should hear from her next and what would follow if I was selected to for a second interview.

I was contacted 2 days later and was informed that I was selected for the second of three potential interviews. The HR rep gave me the name of the hiring manager and told me to expect a call from him that day or the following. The same day I was contacted by the Center Manager of the store I applied to. The interview was scheduled for the followin day. The Center Manager was very friendly and casual. Again I was asked to walk through my resume, detailing my experience as it relates to the position applied for. Next I was asked a series of questions, some of which were as follows:
    Q. How do you deal with difficult customers?
    Q. Why are you interested in working for FedEx Office?
    Q. Why should you be hired?
    The interview lasted for about 30 minutes which was the amount of time the Center Manager stated it would take at the beginning of the interview. The CM explained the next steps in his process, sharing that he was going to pass my information along to his District Manager with his recommendation and that I should hear back from him soon if the District Manager was interested in scheduling the third and final interview.

10 days later the third and final interview was scheduled. The District Manager conducted the interview in a similar fashion as the Center Manager had. The DM shared that the notes he recieved regarding my previous interview contained many great responses regarding my answers to the questions. Some of the questions asked by the DM were as follows:
    Describe your management style.
    Describe a time you had to coach another employee.
    This interview was no more difficult than any of the others and took about 45 minutes to complete.

At the end of each ot the three interviews I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I might have and for each of them I had multiple questions for my interviewer. I believe having questions to follow up with that pertain to the company and/or the specific position serve to show a genuine interest and help to present the applicant as one whom has given sufficient consideration to position, demonstrating a degree of comittment and is not flippant about the opportunity.

In total it took only 3 weeks from initial applilcation submitted to job offer. There was no abiguity or grey area involved. I felt well-informed and respected by my interviewers. I would highly recommend FedEx Office to others as an excellent place of employment.

Typically both the second and third interviews are face to face interviews, held in the center that you're applying for. However, I was applying to a location out of state and therefore was granted phone interviews for all three. This is not to be expected as standard and is up to the discretion of both the Center and District Managers involved.

Interview Questions
    • If recently some company policies had changed and were received poorly by your current staff, with morale being much lower than usual, what would you do as part of the management team to address the situation?   View Answer

An unexpected situation occurred that prevented me from being able to follow through with my plans to relocate for the position. I have every intention of reapplying with FedEx Office in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FedEx Office in October 2012.

Filled out application and was contacted about 1 month later for a phone interview. A couple of weeks later, I was contacted again for a phone interview with the district manager. Another couple of weeks passed and I was contacted for a face-to-face interview with the center manager and the assistant manager. About a week after the interview, I was contacted to come in and complete the job offer. The entire process took around 2 months.