FedEx Operation Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in November 2012.

To get your first job at FedEx as a package handler all you have to do is be alive and not be a felon. Having a car is helpful but not a must have if you know someone working there. Being a manager means you need to go through the normal series of interviews asking the questions you can find on a simple Google search about 'generic interview questions'

Interview Questions
  • What industry periodicals/materials do you read to give you insight into the business and an idea of where our company/industry is going down the road?   Answer Question
They give you a piece of paper that is a contract where you will not seek a change of position within the company for 18 months. It also says your salary they are proposing which you can negotiate but good luck with that. They have all the power and a number of other applicants to go to if you get to picky.

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in January 2014.

Very formal. Not my expectations of the role of an Operations Manager. I accepted the position and was blind sided by the physical work you have to put in, not to mention the paper work that has to be done. There is no time for office time and or training on new and or current events.

Operations Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx in February 2010.

Series of Behavioral questions. Ensure you can cite examples

No room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in March 2010.

the hiring process went quick after background check, after that evrything went smooth and fast.

Interview Questions
    • nothing that I can quote due to not being asked anything difficult.   Answer Question

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx in February 2009.

Expect behavioral interview questions. Explain gaps in employment. Have examples ready. First step is a phone interview followed by site visit if you make the cut. If you make the site visit (face to face interview) your odds are then 1:3 to 1:5.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had conflicting priorities? For example, your boss told you to do something and you thought it was not in the best interest of the company. The guidlines are fair and in line with industry norms. You will be paid somewhat more for your experience but not above what the position is worth.   Answer Question
    Very rarely do they negotiate, especially in the current economy. If you counter be prepared to walk away. The salary guidelines are very structured.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!