FedEx Package Handler Interview Questions & Reviews

1.4

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at FedEx in July 2014.

There is no interview process. It was extremely easy and painless. All you have to do is pass your drug test and background check. It is almost impossible to not get the job.

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in January 2010.

Not really too difficult. Can you lift over 50lbs? Can you stand on your feet? How are you in a fast paced environment? etc. Since this is the lowest level job, the interview is the easiest of the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at FedEx in January 2011.

They gave me a call shortly after i had applied and asked me some brief questions and that was basically the interview. I showed up the next day in suit and tie thinking i was getting ready for the real interview when i was informed that i already had it.

no negotiations

Package Handler Interview

Go to FedEx sign up for a dock walk, wait a few days then take the dock walk. Go home after seeing the dock and type of work and decide if you want to work there. If you do next day put in a application and with in a few days you should get a call.

Background/reference investigation extensive.

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in February 2014.

You go in for a tour then they call you back for a one on one interview

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions. they are desperate for workers so they will hire anybody   Answer Question

Package Handler Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at FedEx.

I was referred by a friend. I was then called in for a one on one interview, where the interviewer asked a few behavioral questions. If you show that you want the job they will hire you.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were part of a team   View Answer
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at FedEx in November 2013.

Kennesaw location has board with telephone number to call when positions are available in front of distribution building on old 41. I called the number and they had a facility operation a week later that anyone interested in the job could attend. If interested you come back next Tuesday to fill out an application and interview. Once that is done it takes about a 3 to 4 days for the background check to clear and for you to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Basically if you were willing to work there, they are going to hire you.   Answer Question
    No, negotiation process. You either take the hourly wage or you find another job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at FedEx in January 2009.

I don't know what you are talking about

Interview Questions
    no there was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at FedEx in November 2009.

It took nearly three months to be contacted after initiating application. A mandatory dock tour was needed. This means you show up about five AM and see what the job is really like. It was odd that no work was in progress during the walk-through. Only after the dock tour were applicants eligible for an official application. The application process could only be done at the work site and times were shortened twice. Eventually, a small time slot of two hours was specified for application. There is not much room to put much experience. Interview with HR Representative was informal. Representative brought up work history and noted two positions at once in the past. Job requirements for lifting and timeliness touched upon. Intent of promotion mentioned with no real response. Education and experience do not matter.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions for the entry-level Package Handler positions. Questions for any promotional position are also not difficult and found the Senior Terminal Managers do not have needed background that is commensurate in other transportation companies.   View Answer
    There is nothing to negotiate for entry-level positions. It was, and probably is, about 10.50 per hour with stepped increments.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!