FedEx

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at FedEx

Interview Details – Background/reference investigation extensive.

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in February 2014.

Interview Details – You go in for a tour then they call you back for a one on one interview

Interview Question – no difficult questions. they are desperate for workers so they will hire anybody   Answer Question

Package Handler

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at FedEx.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend. I was then called in for a one on one interview, where the interviewer asked a few behavioral questions. If you show that you want the job they will hire you.

Interview Question – Describe a time you were part of a team   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Kennesaw, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FedEx in November 2013.

Interview Details – Kennesaw location has board with telephone number to call when positions are available in front of distribution building on old 41. I called the number and they had a facility operation a week later that anyone interested in the job could attend. If interested you come back next Tuesday to fill out an application and interview. Once that is done it takes about a 3 to 4 days for the background check to clear and for you to be hired.

Interview Question – Basically if you were willing to work there, they are going to hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation process. You either take the hourly wage or you find another job.

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FedEx in January 2009.

Interview Details – I don't know what you are talking about

Interview Question – I am skipping this question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no there was no negotiation

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FedEx in November 2009.

Interview Details – It took nearly three months to be contacted after initiating application. A mandatory dock tour was needed. This means you show up about five AM and see what the job is really like. It was odd that no work was in progress during the walk-through. Only after the dock tour were applicants eligible for an official application. The application process could only be done at the work site and times were shortened twice. Eventually, a small time slot of two hours was specified for application. There is not much room to put much experience. Interview with HR Representative was informal. Representative brought up work history and noted two positions at once in the past. Job requirements for lifting and timeliness touched upon. Intent of promotion mentioned with no real response. Education and experience do not matter.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions for the entry-level Package Handler positions. Questions for any promotional position are also not difficult and found the Senior Terminal Managers do not have needed background that is commensurate in other transportation companies.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is nothing to negotiate for entry-level positions. It was, and probably is, about 10.50 per hour with stepped increments.

Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at FedEx in January 2010.

Interview Details – Satisfied with interview just ask you your available times of work and should you the warehouse!

Interviewed at FedEx

Interview Details – Its been two weeks and still have not heard from anybody

Interview Question – They ask about your shifts. Very Limited   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FedEx in January 2012.

Interview Details – Very fast, was interviewed over the phone first the day after I applied online, the in person interview was more of a tour of the operation. You will be asked taking everything into consideration, if working for Fedex would be a good fit for you. After you say yes, there are extensive steps before you begin training. You most get a drug test, criminal background check with fingerprints done, if working at an airport you must take an exam(easy) to recieve a badge and unfortunately everything is done off site but Fedex pays for everything.

Interview Question – No hard questions, everything is straightforward.   Answer Question

Fullerton, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx.

Interview Details – I had gone to 2 different locations to apply. 1st location was Anaheim. 100 people showed up for the observation so it took me 3 hours to wait to be selected through raffle ticket, then to complete the tour of the place. Went to apply on their computer next day, they called me for an interview next morning. 2nd location I went to was Fullerton. about 30 people showed up and it was a new facility so it wasn't as bad as Anaheim. A few days later Fullerton called me in for an interview.

Interview was very quick, they ask you if you have previously worked for a job that requires physical labor and if you are accustomed to working in different weather conditions. What your availability is and if you have reliable transportation and be on time. That's pretty much it.

Negotiation Details – It took them 3 weeks and 3 days to call me. They asked if I was still interested so i accepted. They said to come in for the orientation and to bring IDs.

Interviews for Top Jobs at FedEx

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FedEx Package Handler interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by FedEx employees and interview candidates.