FedEx

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in January 2010.

Interview Details – Not really too difficult. Can you lift over 50lbs? Can you stand on your feet? How are you in a fast paced environment? etc. Since this is the lowest level job, the interview is the easiest of the process.

Interview Question – What is you worst quality?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at FedEx in January 2011.

Interview Details – They gave me a call shortly after i had applied and asked me some brief questions and that was basically the interview. I showed up the next day in suit and tie thinking i was getting ready for the real interview when i was informed that i already had it.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Interviewed at FedEx

Interview Details – Go to FedEx sign up for a dock walk, wait a few days then take the dock walk. Go home after seeing the dock and type of work and decide if you want to work there. If you do next day put in a application and with in a few days you should get a call.

Interview Question – Non all straight forward.   Answer Question

Interviewed at FedEx

Interview Details – Background/reference investigation extensive.

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in February 2014.

Interview Details – You go in for a tour then they call you back for a one on one interview

Interview Question – no difficult questions. they are desperate for workers so they will hire anybody   Answer Question

Package Handler

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at FedEx.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend. I was then called in for a one on one interview, where the interviewer asked a few behavioral questions. If you show that you want the job they will hire you.

Interview Question – Describe a time you were part of a team   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Kennesaw, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FedEx in November 2013.

Interview Details – Kennesaw location has board with telephone number to call when positions are available in front of distribution building on old 41. I called the number and they had a facility operation a week later that anyone interested in the job could attend. If interested you come back next Tuesday to fill out an application and interview. Once that is done it takes about a 3 to 4 days for the background check to clear and for you to be hired.

Interview Question – Basically if you were willing to work there, they are going to hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation process. You either take the hourly wage or you find another job.

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FedEx in January 2009.

Interview Details – I don't know what you are talking about

Interview Question – I am skipping this question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no there was no negotiation

Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at FedEx in November 2009.

Interview Details – It took nearly three months to be contacted after initiating application. A mandatory dock tour was needed. This means you show up about five AM and see what the job is really like. It was odd that no work was in progress during the walk-through. Only after the dock tour were applicants eligible for an official application. The application process could only be done at the work site and times were shortened twice. Eventually, a small time slot of two hours was specified for application. There is not much room to put much experience. Interview with HR Representative was informal. Representative brought up work history and noted two positions at once in the past. Job requirements for lifting and timeliness touched upon. Intent of promotion mentioned with no real response. Education and experience do not matter.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions for the entry-level Package Handler positions. Questions for any promotional position are also not difficult and found the Senior Terminal Managers do not have needed background that is commensurate in other transportation companies.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is nothing to negotiate for entry-level positions. It was, and probably is, about 10.50 per hour with stepped increments.

Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at FedEx in January 2010.

Interview Details – Satisfied with interview just ask you your available times of work and should you the warehouse!

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!