FedEx Package Handler Part Time Interview Questions & Reviews

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Package Handler Part-time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Charles, LA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at FedEx in May 2014.

Signed up for sort tour online on Wed. Got a call to confirm on Thurs. Did tour on Fri. Received email after tour for application. Submitted app and received phone interview at 11:30am same day as my tour. Immediately after phone interview, received and submitted email for the background check. I have the job pending the background check results, which can take 3 or 4 days. Was told if my background check is satisfactory, they'll call me to arrange my orientation. They don't want employees going "postal" at the sort center, sending/receiving shipments of drugs, or employees who steal packages, so the background check is mostly looking for violent crimes, theft, and drug convictions.

Interview Questions
  • The only actual question other than "do you understand the conditions, will you show up on time, and can you do the job?" was "Why did you leave your last job?"   Answer Question
Had option of evening, midnight, or early morning shift. Pay is 10+/hr here. Hours are Mon-Fri 2 through 5 hours a day. They should have the background results by the middle of next week for me to officially be hired.

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Package Handler Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Lebanon, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lebanon, NH

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in April 2012.

Interviewed me and said that I would receive a call as soon as my background check came in. Three months later I received a call offering me a position (later learned that management at the time had been hesitant to choose me over other applicants because of my young age but they became desperate for hands). Showed up, was shown how to do my job, given 2 hours pay to watch employee instruction videos and started that week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were as expected from an unskilled labor position. Can you lift a heavy box, do you have a criminal record, are you literate etc.   Answer Question
    N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in April 2011.

Interview was simply.. if you show up, they will most likely hire you. They know their turnover is huge so they hire you knowing that you will probably quit within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olathe, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at FedEx in October 2008.

I was hired-on when the warehouse was first being opened to FedEx services. FedEx SmartPost hires through it's own company, but also through staffing Agencies. Hatch Staffing is the agency I was hired through.

It was one woman trying to manage hundreds of interviews. Each shift usually has 80+ people working at a time.

She asked basic questions about past jobs, how I heard about the job, why I chose the job - the usual. She was quite pleasant, and it seems as though Hatch tries to be as diversified as possible.

Before even walking out of the interview, I was told to come back in 2 days for orientation and training.

It's a pretty basic job overall.

Interview Questions
    • What are you wanting to get from this job?   View Answer

Part-time Package Handler Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in August 2011.

Called regarding job advertisement. I was told I would need to attend a observation of the work I could potentially be doing. Told to call if i was interested in filling out an application. Did so a few days later. A few days after that I was called in for a 'interview' which was nothing more than a few questions regarding physical aspect of work.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to work continuously for 3 hours whilst lifting turning and bending?   View Answer

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!