FedEx Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA

3.1

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online and received a call for a phone interview 3 days later. Then went to the corporate office in Pittsburgh for an interview with 2 people. First given 30 minutes to prepare a presentation explaining why they should choose you and how you plan to succeed in this role. Then they read a series of questions from a booklet, all of which seemed to have the same answer. A lot of "tell us about a time when..." and they always wanted more and more details even when there weren't any. I found the whole process tedious and annoying and was counting the seconds until the interview would come to an end. After the interview it took 3 weeks before I heard anything back about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Account Execurive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

First is a phone interview and then you have a face to face interview. The face to face is a presentation by you and a panel of managers. All behavior questions. Be prepared to know how to use PowerPoint and excel.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Interview

Group presentation about FedEx and the position itself. This was followed by 2-3 face to face interviews. At this point you must take a personality exam and pass the drug/background checks.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with standard scripted questions. May have to go through a few of those before getting a face to face interview as people interviewing usually looking for an exact answer from the script.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 principles of object oriented programming?   1 Answer
    • What is a static variable?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is a must as they will try to low ball you.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

I found FedEx through campus recruiting, and after hearing that they were hiring, I decided to apply.

Interviewers were a bit rude and complained about their work during the interview. They seemed to be heavily disinterest in interviewing me, so they had probably already picked a candidate.

I'm fairly sure that I missed a bullet.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

It took me 20 mins to answer a set of questions see if my capability matched their requirements. Questions are "Please describe a role you've played in a team", "Please tell me how much you know about those skills with a scale from 1 to 10"

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

It was a "Webinar" group interview sort of thing. It was mostly informational. The next phase was to take an assessment to move on to a 1:1 interview. This was my biggest gripe about the whole process. The recruiters and sales people kept preaching that everyone has their own value and that everyone is equal in their eyes. But yet they use a ACT type questions and computer estimates to tell them who should get an interview. I thought it was a little bit hypocritical.

Other than that, it was an interesting process and FedEx seems like an awesome place to work.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2008.

Interview

A group of interviewees are herded into an auditorium for an intro to FedEx then wrangled into a line to meet with a FedEx representative. The ones who are found eligible for an actual interview are sent to the second floor, the rejects are seen out the front door by an extremely chipper FedEx associate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FedEx (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2008.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very straight forward. Started with a phone interview with the hiring manage. He asked questions specific to the requirements e.g on Java, J2EE, Spring and Hibernate.
    Followed by an HR interview. The people seemed really nice and simple, but a little inflexible.