FedEx

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Collierville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx.

Interview Details – Phone interview (20-30 mins) felt mostly unscripted. Week or more later had panel interview. It was completely scripted [STAR method / behavioral] with each person taking turns asking questions. Something like 20 questions, took over an hour possibly. Few follow-up questions. All "tell me a time when..." questions. Also had a technical interview immediately after panel interview (15 mins?). Technical interview was with future peers. No really difficult questions, very informal, just making sure you had basic knowledge of what I mentioned on the resume. That part was actually fun.

Interview Question – Questions all felt the same in a sense. Search for STAR or behavorial interview questions and 90% will match. No real gotcha questions or anything unexpected. Just make sure you prep with enough diverse stories and projects you have worked on instead of going back to the same one for each question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little to no room for negotiation - or maybe I was just young and stupid. But tone of voice was as if negotiation was not an option. This exact odd number is what we offer (given in monthly or biweekly amount).

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx in August 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with standard scripted questions. May have to go through a few of those before getting a face to face interview as people interviewing usually looking for an exact answer from the script.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is a must as they will try to low ball you.

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in August 2010.

Interview Details – It took me 20 mins to answer a set of questions see if my capability matched their requirements. Questions are "Please describe a role you've played in a team", "Please tell me how much you know about those skills with a scale from 1 to 10"

Interview Question – What role you've played in a team?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Programmer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FedEx.

Interview Details – Phone screening followed by an in person interview.

Interview Question – What is a static variable?
Name and describe principles of Object Oriented Programming.
  Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a bald manager. Worst interview experience of my working life. interviewing manager insisted on boasting about his team's accomplishments despite appearing clueless when we go into technical stuff.

Reason for Declining – I later found out from contacts that he is a boss from hell who reportedly demanded from his staff ace score in manager review. And FedEx pride itself as a great employer!

Programmer Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in June 2012.

Interview Details – “Applied online, received a phone interview, received an 1:1 interview, was offered the job in less than a week. My manager had a list of questions he was supposed to ask, but he skipped around…

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!