FedEx Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

4.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at FedEx.

Initial screen over the phone with a manager from Finance department - standard questions about experience, personality and why I want to work for FedEx. Lasted one hour. Very shortly afterwards, I was contacted by an admin assistant and given two exercises in Excel to test my Excel skills, as well as my analytical and presentation skills. Exercises were very thorough and required some time to complete. Within one week after submission, I was contacted by the admin assistant to schedule a panel interview for three weeks ahead. On the day of the panel interview, I spent 5 hours there. The first two hours were with the panel. They came in with a package of 11 questions - mostly problem solving and critical thinking, some examples of situations. Very rigorous process.

It is now one month, two follow-up emails, and still no feedback from them.

Interview Questions
  • Timed for 60 seconds : Why do I want to work for FedEx?
    What factors would you consider in an analysis whether to take on a customer or not?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FedEx

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx in October 2007.

Tough interview. 2 panels and also a 1:1. Dinner with 2 directors the night before interview. Process seemed very thorough. Be prepared for technical questions. Also a phone interview/screening with hiring manager. Lunch on-site interview day. Spent around 6 hours on site at HQ.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the most techhical aspect of Ms Excel that you master.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at FedEx in December 2011.

After applying online I was not contacted until a few months later because I think they were waiting to fill it until my predecessor was promoted. I was called by the directors admin to set up a time for phone interview. I was living out of state so we had to arrange mutually available time. The phone interview was pretty formal typical behavioral questions sprinkled with a couple technical questions. I was asked what the most complex excel model I'd ever built was, if I had ever done macros, etc. A week later I was called to schedule my flight for a face to face panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • If a project has a positive NPV and negative IRR, is this possible, if so should you do the project?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of an instance you had a conflict with a customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I was happy with my offer and excited for the opportunity. I don't think there is much wiggle room with salary negotiation, maybe a couple thousand annually.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!