FedEx

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in February 2012.

Interview Details – This position was in the Customer Insights Group. Applied online. Cleared an initial phone interview containing some quant questions, case questions and behavioral questions. The interview went for an hour. Got a call for the on-site interview in 2 days. The on-site interview had 6 one-on-one discussions (each 30 min.) with senior members of different teams within the CI group. And, a panel interview (1 hr) with the director and 6 managers of these different teams. This panel interview was very similar to the phone interview except the questions were a little bit tougher than the phone interview.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you used some analytical process/method to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Memphis, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in January 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview lasted about 1 hour. First asked about some basic info, such as current immigration status, if H-1B visa is needed, GPA, GRE or GMAT test scores. Then there are about 8 questions, including case studies, such as FedEx wants to expand to South American countries, what should be considered.

Interview Question – Estimate the total number of airline passengers in the United States in a year.   Answer Question

Memphis, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in October 2009.

Interview Details – step1 - HR person will contact to tell that they received resume and to find out if candidate is still interested

step2 - Hiring Manager will conduct 30 min phone interview mainly analytical/technical/experience type

step 3- On-site mix of behavioral, business case and analytical/quiz type questions. Questions geared around project management, leadership, analytical/technical, and collarboration skills. The last question asked is always tell why are you the best candidate for this position.

Interview Question – In an 8x8 checkerboard, how many squares are in it totally?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation possible for outside candidate but margin is narrow as ranges are tightly controlled by HR dept. Instead aks for relocation, sponsorship (if applicable) etc.

Very Difficult Interview

Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FedEx in May 2010.

Interview Details – The 1st round was a behavioural interview + case study over the phone.
After the 1st round interview was invited back for the 2nd round at the company premises.
The interview day consisted of 3 1on1 meeting with peers, which was about gauging fit within the organization & I panel interview. The panel interview was very intensive, consisted of 3 case studies & behavioural questions. The panel interview matters the most.

Interview Questions

• Describe an analytical job or project in detail.   Answer Question
  • Describe a project or job in which you applied out of the box thinking & show how that was important to solving the problem.   Answer Question

Interviewed at FedEx

Interview Details – Panel interview. You need to demonstrate solid quantitative skills, analytical skills, communication skills, team orientation, general business acumen, and technical ability. Helps to know SQL, SAS, Excel, Unix, etc.

Senior Strategic Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in April 2010.

Interview Details – The job interview was a great experience. Two hiring managers peppered me with questions from an HR-provided template and made their decision after only ONE interview. I was thrilled with this, especially after interviewing with Amazon for several rounds. Since the interviewers seemed a little frustrated that they had to stick to the script, I found ways to answer their standard questions in roundabout ways that helped sell my strong points.

The questions were pretty predictable, includring things like strengths/weaknesses, where I saw myself in 5 years, ideas for the future of FedEx, times when I've used my analytical skills, etc. Even the pop quiz-style questions were basic, like "What are some examples of fixed and variable costs?"

Overall, I was very appreciative of their one-and-done approach to job interviewing. The fact that their questions were basic enough to not make me feel overly pressured, yet open-ended enough to allow me to sell myself, worked very well with my personality.

Interview Question – What ideas do you have for FedEx?   Answer Question

Senior Strategic Marketing Analyst

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx in January 2012.

Interview Details – 1 Phone Interview + 1 on-site Interview

The on-site interview is consist of 3 1:1 professional interviews and 1 Panel Interview. The onsite interview is very similar to the phone interview.

The panel interview counts the most (80%). The panel interview involves 3 managers. They asked questions one by one. There are a lot of 9 questions.They asked a lot of Behavior Questions and Business Cases. Past experience is less relevant.

Before the interview, 2 analysts took you to dinner and asked your questions about FedEx or interview process.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at FedEx

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FedEx Senior Strategic Marketing Analyst interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by FedEx employees and interview candidates.