FedEx SmartPost

Relevance Date Difficulty

Dock Manager Interview

Dock Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FedEx SmartPost in September 2011.

Interview Details – Series of questions in the format, tell me about a time when, then tell the action and the result

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to do damage control?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – ni negotiation

Dock Manager Interview

Dock Manager

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at FedEx SmartPost in August 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for a Dock Manager position with FedEx on their website and two weeks later I was contacted by HR person who just explained me the position and asked me if I would be interested in it. After a couple of minutes conversating about my previous experience the HR person told me that she will contact me soon.

Two weeks later I got a call to set up an interview in their facility which was in a different state than me. I arrived there and was placed in the conference room with HR manager and Hub assistant manager. They tried to make me feel comfortable by talking to me in a very casual way before the actual interview started.

The interview consisted of about 15 to 20 behavior based questions, most of which started like, "tell me the time when....." They put a huge emphasis on: integrity, handling conflict situations, taking a risk, diversity, how well you get along with employee privacy policies, how motivated you are and so on. So make sure to have a story with all of these things in them for sure.

After this interview, the assistant Hub manager gave me a tour guide of the facility while we were waiting for Hub manager to get done with his conference call.

The second interview that day was with a Hub manager and it was pretty straight forward with same type of questions. This time it was more about me reaching my goals type of questions than what did I do in certain situation.

The whole interview took me about 3 hours to complete and I got a paycheck for 0.49 cents per every mile that I drove to the interview which is more than enough to cover my gas expenses.

A week later I got contacted by HR manager again and she told me that I will have my other round interview the next day in a morning with Regional Operations Manager.

Depending on who is interviewing you for this last round, your experience will vary but for me it was this serious guy who was asking questions about your personality more than anything. On this part you should not mess up because this right here can cause you a job offer. So I went through this interview and was not really sure if I will get a job because I did mess up twice during our conversation.

A week later I received a call from HR manager and got a job offer. I was very excited to take it because of the great culture that I would be working in. All of the employees of FedEx SmartPost look very happy doing whatever they are doing.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a manager?   View Answer
  • Tell me about the time when you demonstrated your integrity.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at FedEx SmartPost

Worked for FedEx SmartPost? Contribute to the Community!