FedEx

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at FedEx in August 2011.

Interview Details – slow process, but good interviewing, even though the interviewers need to be trained on Behavioral interviewing techniques as well. not people looking to tick boxes.

Interview Question – well the question was vague and open ended, explain a tough situation,but when the interviewer has his head buried in the notebook, so hard to gauge the reaction   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiate and the best rule have an alternate offer

Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FedEx in March 2007.

Interview Details – Recruiter called and asked about experience with Java. Most of my experience was with PHP systems. I had not applied for a position in Java but they called anyway. I asked about positions with PHP and none were available with this recruiter. Recuiter said that my info would be passed along about positions with PHP but I never heard back from anyone else.

Interview Question – How much experience do you have with Java?   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FedEx in January 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very straight forward. Started with a phone interview with the hiring manage. He asked questions specific to the requirements e.g on Java, J2EE, Spring and Hibernate.
Followed by an HR interview. The people seemed really nice and simple, but a little inflexible.

Interview Question – About methods in the Serializable interface   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FedEx in August 2007.

Interview Details – Very thorough screening, FedEx internal recruiter contacted me and asked questions. I had to take a very detailed skills test afterwards. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager. After I passed that, paid trip and hotel near camps. Full duration about 4 weeks.

Interview Question – What are you weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate during the interview. Don't even ask about additional paid vacation days.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!