FedEx Trade Networks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Torrance, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Trade Networks in May 2014.

Interview Details – They discourage you in your interview if you are not the person they are looking for. They will tel you what your missing and say that is what we are looking for. Or the manager will go on a tangent about something not even related to the position in question.

Interview Question – If they are interested they will ask about your experience and how you manage to solve a work problem if not they will skim over your resume and ask very basic questions already noted on your resume.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ocean Inbound Transportation Customer Service Representative Interview

Ocean Inbound Transportation Customer Service Representative
Torrance, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at FedEx Trade Networks in August 2007.

Interview Details – A friend of mine referred me to the OIT Manager who called me right after receiving my resume. We spoke once on the phone regarding my education, my relocation, my background, my current job and aspirations. He then requested to see me asap for a 1:1 interview. At the 1:1 interview I was questioned by OIT Manager and Supervisor regarding my expections at the job, problem solving strategies, accomplishments at my personal, professional and work level that I have felt have formed me into the individual I am.

Interview Questions

• Why will your challenge be toswitch from domestic transportation to international?   Answer Question
  • What are your best qualities, please explain those that have made you successful, helped you outstand and solve problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate, I took it because I needed the job and new I would only be there for a couple of months because my relocation was only to complete a professional designation program. My advise will be to lie on how much you make, they told me they would ask for a check stub of my current job, which they didn't but its all a trick so that you give them the exact amount you make. I was worth more than what I was making and after they found out, the lower the initial amount that was posted for that position by 5K!

CUSTOMS Interview

CUSTOMS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FedEx Trade Networks in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call very quickly from the hiring manager. I felt positive about this company from the start when that happened, I wasn't just recruiter fodder I felt like this was for real which makes me respect Fedex a lot already. Interviewed for an hour with the station manager and then was called back a week later for a second interview with HR and the Gen. Mgr. The application form is very detailed as is the background check and they will likely call your references. They have an odd policy of calling your current employer which caused me a huge problem with the old job and unprofessional coworkers there especially when they realized I was leaving. I wish they would not do this because I can't imagine the stress someone might be put through if they weren't hired for some reason. I would say plan your references accordingly. I was hired right a few days after the second interview after the background check was completed.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to be creative in order to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was non-negotiable

Worked for FedEx Trade Networks? Contribute to the Community!