FedEx Trade Networks Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Trade Networks.

Interview

Apply, contact you within a week, set up interview with hiring manager and someone from HR. Behavioral style interview. Did interview with hiring manager and member of HR. Was a very laid back interview style. Just talk like they are long time friends and you will be good.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this situation if this person said this to that person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Back and forth email with HR

Tariff Filing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FedEx Trade Networks in July 2014.

Interview

Hiring and Interview process are slow. They take their time and are in no hurry to get back with you. It took weeks to hear something after you applied for a job. A very slow process to say the least. Also be prepared to wait if you receive the job offer too. Dealing with HR can be slow if you get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you were a lead on a project and what the outcomes were. How many washers and dyers were sold in 2010.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Trade Networks (Torrance, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

They discourage you in your interview if you are not the person they are looking for. They will tel you what your missing and say that is what we are looking for. Or the manager will go on a tangent about something not even related to the position in question.

Interview Questions

• If they are interested they will ask about your experience and how you manage to solve a work problem if not they will skim over your resume and ask very basic questions already noted on your resume.   Answer Question

Senior Entry Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Trade Networks (Torrance, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

manager didnt know how to interview asked same questions asked personal questions location is outdated a/c sucks. manager didnt know how to interview asked same questions asked personal questions location is outdated a/c sucks.

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FedEx Trade Networks (Torrance, CA) in August 2007.

Interview

A friend of mine referred me to the OIT Manager who called me right after receiving my resume. We spoke once on the phone regarding my education, my relocation, my background, my current job and aspirations. He then requested to see me asap for a 1:1 interview. At the 1:1 interview I was questioned by OIT Manager and Supervisor regarding my expections at the job, problem solving strategies, accomplishments at my personal, professional and work level that I have felt have formed me into the individual I am.

Interview Questions

• Why will your challenge be toswitch from domestic transportation to international?   Answer Question
    • What are your best qualities, please explain those that have made you successful, helped you outstand and solve problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, I took it because I needed the job and new I would only be there for a couple of months because my relocation was only to complete a professional designation program. My advise will be to lie on how much you make, they told me they would ask for a check stub of my current job, which they didn't but its all a trick so that you give them the exact amount you make. I was worth more than what I was making and after they found out, the lower the initial amount that was posted for that position by 5K!

CUSTOMS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FedEx Trade Networks in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received a call very quickly from the hiring manager. I felt positive about this company from the start when that happened, I wasn't just recruiter fodder I felt like this was for real which makes me respect Fedex a lot already. Interviewed for an hour with the station manager and then was called back a week later for a second interview with HR and the Gen. Mgr. The application form is very detailed as is the background check and they will likely call your references. They have an odd policy of calling your current employer which caused me a huge problem with the old job and unprofessional coworkers there especially when they realized I was leaving. I wish they would not do this because I can't imagine the stress someone might be put through if they weren't hired for some reason. I would say plan your references accordingly. I was hired right a few days after the second interview after the background check was completed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to be creative in order to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable