Federal Bureau of Prisons

Updated Jul 13, 2014

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

An application is generated then a basic interview with a doctor, CO in charge and the HR person. The questions go around the room, very basic, how would you treat prisoner. Why do you want tone a CO?

Interview Questions
    • If the CO in charge was being beaten in the courtyard what would you do. The tricky part is that you should do nothing until another CO arrives on scene. You can call for backup and radio it in, but the dept has a policy, at least two officers.   View Answer

I did not decline, I was terminated after the process completed. I had a borough ordinance on my police record. They terminated me, after giving me an offer of 43,000.

Correctional Officer Interview

Interviewed with HR and met with AW.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were challenged, how did you outcome it, and what would you do differently.   Answer Question

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Applications accepted on-line. A full background investigation including financial responsibility will be conducted. Applicant will have a panel interview. You must pass a 3 week training program at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Georgia - Firearms/Self-Defense and Policy.

No negotiations, based on the GS pay scale - law enforcement which is higher due to the locality increase.

Mid-management/Will Not Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Encouraging to promote from within.

Correctional Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Straight forward. Called in and interviewed asked questions about what I would do in stressful situations relating to prison and work. Really nice and supportive people. I feel that this was a place that really listened to me and gave me a job based on my performance, not thinking that I am a narcissistic prick.

Interview Questions
    None it is the federal government.

RN Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

panel

Interview Questions
    not negotiable as it is based on documented years of experience

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons in September 2010.

Had a panel interview with hiring manager and division director. Standard interview questions and presented department challenges to see how I would recommend solving them. The whole process with BOP was great and I would return to the agency if given the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • There really was no difficult or unexpected question. It was a standard interview and I enjoyed the open dialogue and candor from leadership.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons in December 2009.

Took forever to be invited for an interview - be patient. when you use usajobs.gov, do NOT use bullet points, the system freaks out

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you saw your captain being stabbed?   View Answer
    set salary

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marianna, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marianna, FL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons in May 2009.

Probably took 6 to 7 months from the submission of my application to the start date. Lots of red tape to work through. Entrance test was easy and consisted of writing a sample incident report, interviewers looks for grammar, spelling, and logic in writing skills.

Interview Questions
    • What are the steps to take when a fight breaks out among inmates?   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation, they have strict pay schedules.