Federal Bureau of Prisons Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Policy Advising Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Interview

Quick, there is drug test and background check. Very standard sttuff, the background check requires security clearance which could take weeks or months. its really not hard assuming youve done nothing wrong, its just another interview you have to take basically.

Interview Questions

• They just asked about my education and since I was still in school, what relevant courses I have taken.   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Interview

My interview started off with a female superior interrupting my responses to comment on my makeup. It was so unprofessional, I was astounded. Before I left, she asked me to write down where I got my eyeliner. Needless to say, I was not happy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Interview

Be prepared to sit in front of multiple members of a panel asking scenario-based questions; Most of the panel will not seem to be paying attention if you begin to stumble on your responses.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was a scenario-based hostage situation within the confines of the property. I stumble was given a second chance to recover   Answer Question

I wasn't willing to commute 50 miles one way for the same pay I could receive locally

Correctional Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly reasonable. There were two people asking questions on my panel. Because I'm accustomed to military promotion boards, this was no a new experience. They'll attempt to make the experience as stressful as possible. If you DON'T know the answer to a question, simply gave an educated guess and add "If this is incorrect, I would refer to BOP policy." Be patient. It is a long process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if while you're in a guard tower on a foggy morning, you saw a person running toward the fence?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (New York, NY).

Interview

An application is generated then a basic interview with a doctor, CO in charge and the HR person. The questions go around the room, very basic, how would you treat prisoner. Why do you want tone a CO?

Interview Questions

• If the CO in charge was being beaten in the courtyard what would you do. The tricky part is that you should do nothing until another CO arrives on scene. You can call for backup and radio it in, but the dept has a policy, at least two officers.   1 Answer

I did not decline, I was terminated after the process completed. I had a borough ordinance on my police record. They terminated me, after giving me an offer of 43,000.

Accounting Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

I was a Panel interview with Chief and two supervisors Interview had about 13 to 20 question and last about 45 to 50 minutes Do research about agency mission statement and culture Know what is the process of operation of agency

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Jackson, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

Talking with Supervisor of Education, Psychologist, HR, then go through Medical Check up, drug test, background test. If it all go through, then you have to try out on the job for some time before get sent to Glynnco Georgia to pass the month long training there. And then you are done.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if the prison go into lock down mode right now due to rioting?   Answer Question

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Applications accepted on-line. A full background investigation including financial responsibility will be conducted. Applicant will have a panel interview. You must pass a 3 week training program at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Georgia - Firearms/Self-Defense and Policy.

Negotiation

No negotiations, based on the GS pay scale - law enforcement which is higher due to the locality increase.

Correctional Officer Interview

Interview

Interviewed with HR and met with AW.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were challenged, how did you outcome it, and what would you do differently.   Answer Question

Mid-management/Will Not Say Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons (Washington, DC).

Interview

Encouraging to promote from within.