Federal Bureau of Prisons Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

3.1

Administrator Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

My interview started off with a female superior interrupting my responses to comment on my makeup. It was so unprofessional, I was astounded. Before I left, she asked me to write down where I got my eyeliner. Needless to say, I was not happy.

Entry Level Security Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Be prepared to sit in front of multiple members of a panel asking scenario-based questions; Most of the panel will not seem to be paying attention if you begin to stumble on your responses.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was a scenario-based hostage situation within the confines of the property. I stumble was given a second chance to recover   Answer Question

I wasn't willing to commute 50 miles one way for the same pay I could receive locally

Correctional Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons in October 2014.

The interview process was fairly reasonable. There were two people asking questions on my panel. Because I'm accustomed to military promotion boards, this was no a new experience. They'll attempt to make the experience as stressful as possible. If you DON'T know the answer to a question, simply gave an educated guess and add "If this is incorrect, I would refer to BOP policy." Be patient. It is a long process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if while you're in a guard tower on a foggy morning, you saw a person running toward the fence?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

An application is generated then a basic interview with a doctor, CO in charge and the HR person. The questions go around the room, very basic, how would you treat prisoner. Why do you want tone a CO?

Interview Questions
    • If the CO in charge was being beaten in the courtyard what would you do. The tricky part is that you should do nothing until another CO arrives on scene. You can call for backup and radio it in, but the dept has a policy, at least two officers.   View Answer

I did not decline, I was terminated after the process completed. I had a borough ordinance on my police record. They terminated me, after giving me an offer of 43,000.

Accounting Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons in April 2014.

I was a Panel interview with Chief and two supervisors
    Interview had about 13 to 20 question and last about 45 to 50 minutes
    Do research about agency mission statement and culture
    Know what is the process of operation of agency

Correctional Officer Interview

Interviewed with HR and met with AW.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were challenged, how did you outcome it, and what would you do differently.   Answer Question

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Applications accepted on-line. A full background investigation including financial responsibility will be conducted. Applicant will have a panel interview. You must pass a 3 week training program at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Georgia - Firearms/Self-Defense and Policy.

No negotiations, based on the GS pay scale - law enforcement which is higher due to the locality increase.

Mid-management/Will Not Say Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Encouraging to promote from within.

Correctional Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Straight forward. Called in and interviewed asked questions about what I would do in stressful situations relating to prison and work. Really nice and supportive people. I feel that this was a place that really listened to me and gave me a job based on my performance, not thinking that I am a narcissistic prick.

Interview Questions
    None it is the federal government.

RN Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federal Bureau of Prisons.

panel

Interview Questions
    not negotiable as it is based on documented years of experience