Federal Government

Relevance Date Difficulty

Contract Specialist Interview

Contract Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Federal Government in December 2011.

Interview Details – This is a typical government position. I applied through USAJOBS.com and was called in for a series of two interviews. I worked in the Agency as a contractor before I applied, so I had some inside information about the DoT.

Interview Question – Tell us about your experience.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Contract Specialist Interview

Contract Specialist

Interviewed at Federal Government

Interview Details – They asked if I was planning on going to graduate school and I said yes, I might apply to law schools or business schools. They didn't like that answer as they want you to stay for awhile.

Interview Question – So they put me in Grant Specialist instead. After a few years, recruited me to the Contracts side.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they offered a GS 7, which was a repeat of what I'd already worked, as a Research Analyst, but I took it and went up the ranks quickly. Sometimes in the fed govt you have to take a downgrade to get into a more profitable series. Keep the long run in mind.

Worked for Federal Government? Contribute to the Community!