Federal Government Contract Specialist Interview Questions

2.0

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

This is a typical government position. I applied through USAJOBS.com and was called in for a series of two interviews. I worked in the Agency as a contractor before I applied, so I had some inside information about the DoT.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Federal Government

Contract Specialist Interview

Interview

They asked if I was planning on going to graduate school and I said yes, I might apply to law schools or business schools. They didn't like that answer as they want you to stay for awhile.

Interview Questions

• So they put me in Grant Specialist instead. After a few years, recruited me to the Contracts side.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they offered a GS 7, which was a repeat of what I'd already worked, as a Research Analyst, but I took it and went up the ranks quickly. Sometimes in the fed govt you have to take a downgrade to get into a more profitable series. Keep the long run in mind.