Federal Government

Relevance Date Difficulty

Contract Specialist Interview

Contract Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Federal Government in December 2011.

Interview Details – This is a typical government position. I applied through USAJOBS.com and was called in for a series of two interviews. I worked in the Agency as a contractor before I applied, so I had some inside information about the DoT.

Interview Question – Tell us about your experience.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Contract Specialist Interview

Contract Specialist

Interviewed at Federal Government

Interview Details – They asked if I was planning on going to graduate school and I said yes, I might apply to law schools or business schools. They didn't like that answer as they want you to stay for awhile.

Interview Question – So they put me in Grant Specialist instead. After a few years, recruited me to the Contracts side.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they offered a GS 7, which was a repeat of what I'd already worked, as a Research Analyst, but I took it and went up the ranks quickly. Sometimes in the fed govt you have to take a downgrade to get into a more profitable series. Keep the long run in mind.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Federal Government

Worked for Federal Government? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Federal Government Contract Specialist interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Federal Government employees and interview candidates.