Federal Government Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014
Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.8

Operations Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Federal Government.

Went to a recruiter

No negotiation

Attorney Interview

Several forms are required. Submitted online through USA Jobs website and was contacted about 3 weeks later by local office. I have one interview then was given an offer about 10 days later. There was additional paperwork and background check information that had to be submitted before I could set a start date, which was about 6 weeks after I received the job offer. The whole process was very smooth and overall wen t very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you faced an ethical issue and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Tso Interview

The process was fragmented. It took place over two years for no reasonable explanation. Many tests were required at numerous locations. The tests were mental and physical. None of the tests were difficult. There was little feedback throughout. After having worked with this organization for a couple of years and observing many of my colleagues, I am not sure what the hiring and interview process had to do with selecting employees.

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Government.

The hiring process was handled through the HR Staff of WHS, the interviews were conducted by the agency staff. They asked lots of questions involving getting along with other cultures and races.

Interview Questions
    • Do you hate people of any particular group?   View Answer
    I was called by WHS and offered the job and we negotiated salary

Customer Service Representative Interview

Long and drawn out. Must get through the USAJOBS hurdle

Deputy Director Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Federal Government.

The on line federal job search and resume site is straight forward with ease of access. No issue searching for various jobs and job locations. Filling out the resume was easy by transferring an already completed resume. Previous job experience is very key to getting an interview. The key to the interview is to stay motivated, know the job description and requirements and to show you can be a good listener. Eye contact and clear concise answers to questions are very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you have had at work and how did you manage it.   Answer Question
    Successful

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Government.

The hiring process varies depending on which federal agency or department you work for--and if you have prior government or military experience. USA JOBS the portal / website where all federal opportunities are posted. Although specific organizations also post jobs on their specific websites. Be aware of the window for the application. And also note your application is flagged if either you are too senior or too junior for a position.

Material Management Interview

HIRED THORUGH RECRUITER, ASKEN QUESTIONS ON BACKGROUND, DRUG USE, WHAT TYPE OF JOB LOOKING FOR.We're committed to protecting our community from fraudulent submissions that might affect our ratings and reviews.

GOT ORDERS

Federal Government Interview

Smooth process. 7 interviews with different managers. Mostly related to what my goals are and my professional experience. Very standard.

SH&E Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Federal Government.

Know what you are going to apply for and dress well

wanted you wave was too low

Worked for Federal Government? Contribute to the Community!