Federal Government Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Federal Government (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a week later to set up an interview with the head clerk. Interview was with the head clerk and HR manager and lasted about half an hour. Basic questions about handling difficult people and doing clerical tasks. I was told I would hear back in about a week.

Interview Questions

• How are you at working with a staff composed of women? (I am male)   1 Answer

Secretary (OA) Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government in March 2015.

Interview

Timely process. Submitted my package around the end of Jan 2015. Notified by mail probably 2-3 wks later that my package had been received. March 2015 I was notified by email for an interview the following day. Upon entrance noticed two individuals that would conduct the interview. They proceeded to introduce themselves followed by a description of the job for which I was interviewing. Following the description they proceeded to ask question from a 3-4 page packet, alternating after each question. Concluding questions asked, I had the opportunity to ask questions as well. Tentative offer the same day (background check ect..) Formal offer 2 wks later.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based. Customer service "how would you...?" "Tell me a time when...." Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Government (Nashville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied to USAjobs.gov, waited about 2 weeks, was called for phone interview, waited another 2 weeks, received offer, submitted resignation, completed online forms for background check and was hired all under about 50 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were up against several deadlines at once.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

multiple interviews and reviews of my work history, security background, security information to include updated security processing and background checks. Interviewers were intelligent and experienced professionals who understood the terms and concepts I discussed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not really a negotiation

Civil Servant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government.

Interview

long and drawn out process. Alot of the questions asked are about your background and how it applies to the job in the federal gov. standard sort of thing. but the qualifications they seem to want have little to do with the actual work you'll do.

Interview Questions

• background mostly and how it applies to working in an office   Answer Question

Criminal Investigator Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview

The interview process consist of questions asked by senior federal agents and management. The interview questions can't be disclosed as we all had to sign a agreement stating that we would not talk about the questions.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Government (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through USAjobs and did not anticipate a call-back. I received one and had a 15 minute interview with my future supervisor. It was great; we clicked automatically and I ended getting an offer. The key for these interviews is expressing a lot of enthusiasm. I absolutely knew I wanted to work at this office and laid it all out there. If you interview for the agency I interviewed for, that is the absolute key.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team to organize an event or solve a problem   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government in June 2014.

Interview

Hiring process took 4 months after applying. Lots of patience required since getting updates was an uphill battle against a behemoth bureaucracy. The status on USAJobs is not reliable. I've been on the job for 4 months and the status still shows that nobody is hired yet. Be prepared for more waiting after the interview.

Federal Investigator Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Federal Government (Madison, WI).

Interview

Experience in problem resolution, confident, verbal, intelligent, knowledge of the rules of how the games are played and how to work with them and when to challenge them. Ability to edit form that are to be submitted to the public, eg: in error message above "atleast" should be "at least".

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work here?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Interview

It was a long process between submitting application, communcication on status, interview and hiring. Five person interview team with each person asking a different question in succession. Technical and EEO participants.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

long