Federal Government

2.9

Procurement Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government.

Be open, polite and yourself. Be honest.

Salary is pre-set in government.

Production Controller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Government.

I was initially hired after the first interview and worked in my first crew but did not adjust too well there and was sent to another crew. With each position change I had to reinterview and that was okay. I had three different bosses. For the most part the people were okay. My interview questions were never more than about ten questions and usually range from safety to what would I do in the case of an emergency or if I saw an unsafe act. If you see an unsafe act Stop it immediately and go tell someone about it...

Interview Questions
    • There really event any difficult questions during the interview because they are mostly pertaining to things you already know but they may throw something out there like what is an MSDS and where is it located? (btw, its a Material Safety Data sheet and its almost always located in a hallway or near the manager's office)   Answer Question
    there wasn't one. It was pretty cut and dry

Senior Operations Leader Interview

It is mainly done by recruiting

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a degree or are you a holder of a violation   Answer Question

Senior Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government in April 2014.

Panel interview provided insight on role and function of the organization. Discussed organizational structure and relationship. I was asked what I knew of the organization specifically any recent actiies etc. Worked off a specific list of questions for me to answer. Then allowed me time to ask questions that I had.

None

Supervisory IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Federal Government.

Panel Interview from multiple level supervisors. Interview was based on intimidation.

Interview Questions
    It is government, There is no negotiation

Tso Interview

The process was fragmented. It took place over two years for no reasonable explanation. Many tests were required at numerous locations. The tests were mental and physical. None of the tests were difficult. There was little feedback throughout. After having worked with this organization for a couple of years and observing many of my colleagues, I am not sure what the hiring and interview process had to do with selecting employees.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Long and drawn out. Must get through the USAJOBS hurdle

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government.

Takes awhile to get interview; veterans get extra points which could make it more challenging or take longer for non vets. Suggest going in at a lower salary and get your feet in the door.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to come here and work? What makes me want to hire you instead of others?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Federal Government.

I had no real interview because the manager already knew me. Nepotism is rampant in military civil service hiring - if you don't know someone and/or are retiring from the military, it's very difficult to get a job.

Interview Questions
    • The red tape involved in getting a government job is horrendous. It takes months.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Several forms are required. Submitted online through USA Jobs website and was contacted about 3 weeks later by local office. I have one interview then was given an offer about 10 days later. There was additional paperwork and background check information that had to be submitted before I could set a start date, which was about 6 weeks after I received the job offer. The whole process was very smooth and overall wen t very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you faced an ethical issue and how you resolved it.   Answer Question