Federal Government

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.9

Senior Operations Leader Interview

It is mainly done by recruiting

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a degree or are you a holder of a violation   Answer Question

Senior Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government in April 2014.

Panel interview provided insight on role and function of the organization. Discussed organizational structure and relationship. I was asked what I knew of the organization specifically any recent actiies etc. Worked off a specific list of questions for me to answer. Then allowed me time to ask questions that I had.

None

Supervisory IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Federal Government.

Panel Interview from multiple level supervisors. Interview was based on intimidation.

Interview Questions
    It is government, There is no negotiation

Tso Interview

The process was fragmented. It took place over two years for no reasonable explanation. Many tests were required at numerous locations. The tests were mental and physical. None of the tests were difficult. There was little feedback throughout. After having worked with this organization for a couple of years and observing many of my colleagues, I am not sure what the hiring and interview process had to do with selecting employees.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Long and drawn out. Must get through the USAJOBS hurdle

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government.

Takes awhile to get interview; veterans get extra points which could make it more challenging or take longer for non vets. Suggest going in at a lower salary and get your feet in the door.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you want to come here and work? What makes me want to hire you instead of others?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Federal Government.

I had no real interview because the manager already knew me. Nepotism is rampant in military civil service hiring - if you don't know someone and/or are retiring from the military, it's very difficult to get a job.

Interview Questions
    • The red tape involved in getting a government job is horrendous. It takes months.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Several forms are required. Submitted online through USA Jobs website and was contacted about 3 weeks later by local office. I have one interview then was given an offer about 10 days later. There was additional paperwork and background check information that had to be submitted before I could set a start date, which was about 6 weeks after I received the job offer. The whole process was very smooth and overall wen t very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you faced an ethical issue and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Deputy Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Federal Government.

The on line federal job search and resume site is straight forward with ease of access. No issue searching for various jobs and job locations. Filling out the resume was easy by transferring an already completed resume. Previous job experience is very key to getting an interview. The key to the interview is to stay motivated, know the job description and requirements and to show you can be a good listener. Eye contact and clear concise answers to questions are very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you have had at work and how did you manage it.   Answer Question
    Successful

SH&E Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Federal Government.

Know what you are going to apply for and dress well

wanted you wave was too low