Federal Government Interview Questions

2.8

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Federal Government in May 2013.

The hiring process was by way of application, written program test, and interview. Each having different phase levels. The interview was more at a social level. It was one on one with an representative. Once these phases were complete a job was made and then a complete background check.

Interview Questions
    There were no negotiations that took place.

Federal Government Interview

Smooth process. 7 interviews with different managers. Mostly related to what my goals are and my professional experience. Very standard.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government.

The interview was completely performance based. I.e name a time when you had to do a, b, c etc. all questions were based off of past experiences as opposed to what you would do if you came across a specific situation. They wanted to hear that when and where you had done certain things, relating to the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just know your own experiences and how they relate to your current position. Know the full job description and be able to relate your past e pertinence with everything that entails.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Operations Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federal Government.

Went to a recruiter

No negotiation

Loan Officer/Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Government in December 2012.

The interview was very easy. As long as your resume is exactly what they are looking for. They screen your resume for experience first and If they like what they see you shall receive a phone call for a one on one interview to make sure you truely are qualified for this position. usually they tend to hire around tornado seasons.

Interview Questions
    • Do not have any school debt that is in default nor any other federal debt that is in default or you will not be considered for any of these positions.   Answer Question
    There was negotiations based on what ranking you would hold. Which would be a gs-9 or Gs-11.

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government.

The hiring process was handled through the HR Staff of WHS, the interviews were conducted by the agency staff. They asked lots of questions involving getting along with other cultures and races.

Interview Questions
    • Do you hate people of any particular group?   View Answer
    I was called by WHS and offered the job and we negotiated salary

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Government in June 2012.

1 initial phone interview followed by another phone interview three days later by a panel of 3 people. I felt that I did well but wasn't offered the job. For out of state people be willing to talk about how you would be willing to move ASAP.

Typical Questions were asked. A lot about writing and your writing style.

Interview Questions
    • What's the one thing you would improve about your writing?   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Government in April 2012.

USAJOBS, interview, waiting, security clearance, lots of waiting, little interaction from HR, drug test was easy to find, security clearance process is very long. Interview questions where very weak and did not really tell much about the jobs, interviewees did not seem interested in really finding the best candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for the federal comments.   View Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Government in December 2011.

This is a typical government position. I applied through USAJOBS.com and was called in for a series of two interviews. I worked in the Agency as a contractor before I applied, so I had some inside information about the DoT.

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Federal Government in August 2011.

Initial contact via phone. Subsequent in-person interviews - three.

Interview Questions
    • We can clearly see that you did an outstanding job and achieved so much throughout your career. What exactly brings you here?   View Answer