Federal Government Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Field Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Federal Government (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was by way of application, written program test, and interview. Each having different phase levels. The interview was more at a social level. It was one on one with an representative. Once these phases were complete a job was made and then a complete background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations that took place.

Federal Government Interview

Interview

Smooth process. 7 interviews with different managers. Mostly related to what my goals are and my professional experience. Very standard.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government (Trenton, NJ).

Interview

The interview was completely performance based. I.e name a time when you had to do a, b, c etc. all questions were based off of past experiences as opposed to what you would do if you came across a specific situation. They wanted to hear that when and where you had done certain things, relating to the job.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just know your own experiences and how they relate to your current position. Know the full job description and be able to relate your past e pertinence with everything that entails.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federal Government.

Interview

Went to a recruiter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Loan Officer/Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Government (Citrus Heights, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview was very easy. As long as your resume is exactly what they are looking for. They screen your resume for experience first and If they like what they see you shall receive a phone call for a one on one interview to make sure you truely are qualified for this position. usually they tend to hire around tornado seasons.

Interview Questions

• Do not have any school debt that is in default nor any other federal debt that is in default or you will not be considered for any of these positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was negotiations based on what ranking you would hold. Which would be a gs-9 or Gs-11.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

multiple interviews and reviews of my work history, security background, security information to include updated security processing and background checks. Interviewers were intelligent and experienced professionals who understood the terms and concepts I discussed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not really a negotiation

Criminal Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government (Arlington, VA).

Interview

The hiring process was handled through the HR Staff of WHS, the interviews were conducted by the agency staff. They asked lots of questions involving getting along with other cultures and races.

Interview Questions

• Do you hate people of any particular group?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was called by WHS and offered the job and we negotiated salary

Budget Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

1 initial phone interview followed by another phone interview three days later by a panel of 3 people. I felt that I did well but wasn't offered the job. For out of state people be willing to talk about how you would be willing to move ASAP.

Typical Questions were asked. A lot about writing and your writing style.

Interview Questions

• What's the one thing you would improve about your writing?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

USAJOBS, interview, waiting, security clearance, lots of waiting, little interaction from HR, drug test was easy to find, security clearance process is very long. Interview questions where very weak and did not really tell much about the jobs, interviewees did not seem interested in really finding the best candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the federal comments.   1 Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

This is a typical government position. I applied through USAJOBS.com and was called in for a series of two interviews. I worked in the Agency as a contractor before I applied, so I had some inside information about the DoT.