Federal Government Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.9

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

USAJOBS, interview, waiting, security clearance, lots of waiting, little interaction from HR, drug test was easy to find, security clearance process is very long. Interview questions where very weak and did not really tell much about the jobs, interviewees did not seem interested in really finding the best candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the federal comments.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Telephonic Interview and resume review that lead to a group interview. The process was very standardized. The goal was to confirm length and breath of experience and the interviewers were not the subject matter experts.

Interview Questions

• How long I had been doing this particular type of consulting.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

This is a typical government position. I applied through USAJOBS.com and was called in for a series of two interviews. I worked in the Agency as a contractor before I applied, so I had some inside information about the DoT.

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Federal Government (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Initial contact via phone. Subsequent in-person interviews - three.

Interview Questions

• We can clearly see that you did an outstanding job and achieved so much throughout your career. What exactly brings you here?   1 Answer

Healthcare Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Government (Fairfax, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

At the time of the BRAC, was transferred from a different hospital.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to NOT use your Lean Six Sigma skills for a while, while we go through BRAC?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Already salaried at same level. No negotiation took place.

General Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus Grove, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government (Columbus Grove, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

Must pass a test to get hired. Have a 4 person panel interview. Take a typing test while interview client and type answers. Not very difficult. Just nerve racking

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotcian

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Federal Government (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

had 2 interviews, the first was a telephone interview, followed by a proper interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

went on as i expected

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Federal Government (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

Submitted application through USA Jobs, was contacted by an office within the Bureau I was interested in. I was then asked to submit an essay via email. That was it.

Interview Questions

• -Asked to write a short essay about how my career interests align with that particular internship   1 Answer

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Federal Government (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

Panel interview with a writing sample. Not impressed with the interviewers. Asked questions that did not pertain to the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever lost money and how did you turn it around.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Federal Government (Honolulu, HI) in March 2011.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted and then was called to meet with further individuals although not in panel format. The interview itself was formal. Questions asked pertainined to experience, systems knowledge, clearance necessary, salary, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Have a salary in mind.