Federal Government

2.9

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federal Government in February 2010.

3 person panel, 6 questions per person, all questions came from application qualifications.

No relocation funds.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government in February 2010.

Resume and interview

Interview Questions
    No negotiation you start at the grade and step offered in the announcement.

Federal Career Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government in January 2010.

Panel Interview with Division Leaders

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle adversity in the workplace   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Federal Government in January 2010.

interviewed by incompetent manager who had no business speaking with people, much less as a manager.

Supervisory Information Assurance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quantico, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Federal Government in November 2009.

All in all, it went well. I was greeted and escorted to a conference room where I was to make a presentation to a panel. During the presentation, as well as following, I was asked multiple questions relating to the statistics I presented and the policies I described. Several questions dealt with interpretation of the policies I would be required to enforce and how I thought they would be received. Discussion also centered around "personal use of company equipment", which is often "code" for either inappropriate use or misuse.

Interview Questions
    • Decribe in your own words how you would deal with the discovered misuse or inappropriate use of company assets.   Answer Question
    • Describe your experiences with policy enforcement and their affect upon moral.   View Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Federal Government in October 2009.

The interview consisted of role-playing and responses to scenarios. Phone interviews over a speakerphone are terrible.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were like, "How would you handle...?"   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government in May 2009.

I applied on-line in February and didn't hear anything until May. I setup a phone interview with my potential manager, I thought it went well but I didn't hear anything back. Finally in mid-July I was contacted by phone and email and offered the job. I set up an interview with the HR person and we discussed salary. When I finally told them my salary requirements, they said they would get back to me. As of Sept 1st I have not heard any new news.

I set up an interview with the HR person and we discussed benefits and salary. I knew the salary range when I applied for the job. However with the move from the Mid-west to DC my cost of living made my salary needs towards the upper 1/3rd of the salary range and about 25% increase over my current salary. They seemed reluctant to increase my salary that much.

Senior Sanctions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Government in April 2009.

USA Jobs

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to accomplish in working for the public sector   View Answer
    400 applications 10 telephone interviews 5 personal interviews

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federal Government in November 2008.

Hiring manager already had all of my paperwork reveiwed before the 1 on 1 interview process. The manager was already familiar with my work since I worked with him in a previous position.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Federal Government in May 2008.

Typical interview questions such as my background, my career interests, my personal interests, my family situation, my prior work experience, my academic record, my hour requirements and my salary requirements. Typical interview questions such as my background, my career interests, my personal interests, my family situation, my prior work experience, my academic record, my hour requirements and my salary requirements.