Federal Government

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Management Analyst Interview

Senior Management Analyst
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Federal Government in April 2014.

Interview Details – Panel interview provided insight on role and function of the organization. Discussed organizational structure and relationship. I was asked what I knew of the organization specifically any recent actiies etc. Worked off a specific list of questions for me to answer. Then allowed me time to ask questions that I had.

Negotiation Details – None

Director Interview

Director
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Federal Government in April 2012.

Interview Details – USAJOBS, interview, waiting, security clearance, lots of waiting, little interaction from HR, drug test was easy to find, security clearance process is very long. Interview questions where very weak and did not really tell much about the jobs, interviewees did not seem interested in really finding the best candidate.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for the federal comments.   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Government in September 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiting process, recruiter steps you through the entire process until you're in your job. They even picked you up at home and also took you to the airport. There were tests that were given, to include a 200 multiple choice test, a drug test, and medical test.

Interview Question – Having been in the position for 10+ years and then have to run an entire different program without any formal training.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Healthcare Administrator Interview

Healthcare Administrator
Fairfax, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Federal Government in June 2011.

Interview Details – At the time of the BRAC, was transferred from a different hospital.

Interview Question – Are you willing to NOT use your Lean Six Sigma skills for a while, while we go through BRAC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Already salaried at same level. No negotiation took place.

Very Difficult Interview

Supervisory IT Specialist Interview

Supervisory IT Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online and interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview Details – Panel Interview from multiple level supervisors. Interview was based on intimidation.

Interview Question – I can't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is government, There is no negotiation

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Information Technology Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview Details – Takes awhile to get interview; veterans get extra points which could make it more challenging or take longer for non vets. Suggest going in at a lower salary and get your feet in the door.

Interview Question – What makes you want to come here and work? What makes me want to hire you instead of others?   Answer Question

Paralegal Specialist Interview

Paralegal Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied online - interviewed at Federal Government in February 2011.

Interview Details – Intereviewed in Feb 2011. Hiring freeze was then put into place. I was contacted in Aug 2012 and offered the position. I was currently working and not looking. They offered to increase the offer. I accepted

Negotiation Details – I can't discuss the negotiation process

Senior Sanctions Advisor Interview

Senior Sanctions Advisor
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Federal Government in April 2009.

Interview Details – USA Jobs

Interview Question – What do you want to accomplish in working for the public sector   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 400 applications 10 telephone interviews 5 personal interviews

Criminal Investigator Interview

Criminal Investigator
Arlington, VA

Interview Details – The hiring process was handled through the HR Staff of WHS, the interviews were conducted by the agency staff. They asked lots of questions involving getting along with other cultures and races.

Interview Question – Do you hate people of any particular group?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was called by WHS and offered the job and we negotiated salary

Budget Analyst Interview

Budget Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Federal Government in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1 initial phone interview followed by another phone interview three days later by a panel of 3 people. I felt that I did well but wasn't offered the job. For out of state people be willing to talk about how you would be willing to move ASAP.

Typical Questions were asked. A lot about writing and your writing style.

Interview Question – What's the one thing you would improve about your writing?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Federal Government

Worked for Federal Government? Contribute to the Community!