Federal-Mogul

19 candidate interviews

Commodity Manager Interview

Commodity Manager
Southfield, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Federal-Mogul in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was great however, job was put on hold due to budget issues. Very disappointed

Interview Question – Nothing all questions have always been aligned with expected responsibilities   Answer Question

Area Operations Supervisor Interview

Area Operations Supervisor

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Federal-Mogul in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was challenging and thorough. I first completed a phone interview and then a 1:1 and finally a group interview. Be prepared to speak about your experiences in Lean manufacturing.

Interview Question – How have you handle disseminating information from the top that would not be well received?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes I listed what I was expecting and accepted their matching offer.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Skokie, IL

I interviewed at Federal-Mogul in July 2011.

Interview Details – Detailed and straight to the point

Interview Question – What issues do you see with the current process and what can you do to improve it.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Federal-Mogul in May 2009.

Interview Details – Process was rather quick. Submitted my resume online and then went for the interview the following week and got the rejection call about 2 days later.

Interview Question – What are you positives and negatives   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Federal-Mogul in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was rather straightforward, mostly behavioral questions and some talking through your resume. I talked to 2 people in the interview: one HR and an engineer. They pretty much asked questions off a piece of paper, with some follow-up based on your responses.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that there were difficulties in a group.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Product Design Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Federal-Mogul.

Interview Details – Applied via recruiter & was contacted by Hiring Manager directly.
Interview process was very professional.

Interview Question – Previous job experience was explained in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy to negotiate with Hiring Manager.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Federal-Mogul in February 2013.

Interview Details – Nice people. Very friendly atmosphere. Very professional. Nothing unexpected at all. Described history of the company and who I would be working for. Given a tour of the facility.

Interview Question – Asked who influenced me the most.   Answer Question

Human Resources Representative Interview

Human Resources Representative
Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Federal-Mogul.

Interview Details – 3 Hour interview. Met with 6 different people. Interviewed with 2 HR persons at one portion of the interview, asked strange questions, got the impression I was only there to fill their interview quota and that the job was really already going elsewhere. I felt very uncomfortable with the 2 HR people, felt dismissed before they even started. One of the two HR people asked very aggressive questions it made me very uncomfortable. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – If someone showed up in my office crying what would I do?... I asked for clarification and more details, but did not receive much of a response. I was pressured to answer and reluctantly did so.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Federal-Mogul.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews. Inital phone screen then in-person interview

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Federal-Mogul in October 2011.

Interview Details – I found this job through my personal network. Called a past colleague, let him know I was in job search mode and he helped me make the connection. Interviewing process was informal but typical. Interviewed with the hiring manager and director followed by an interview with HR director.

Interview Question – Typical HR questions like ... tell me about yourself, what's your greatest weakness, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't budge on the salary offer but I did get a signing bonus thrown in.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Federal-Mogul? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Federal-Mogul interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Federal-Mogul employees and interview candidates.