Federal Public Defenders Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Federal Public Defenders

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Federal Public Defenders (Jackson, MS) in May 2013.

Interview

This was through an outside source and not from within the Defender's area. Also, this was an internship so there was no interview merely a cover letter stating why you wanted to be there.

Interview Questions

Research and Writing Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Federal Public Defenders (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview was very casual. Met with the head of the department I would be working, and she asked about my previous experience at a county PD. She also asked me about the details of my writing sample which I had sent in, asking for more details, why I chose it as my writing sample, and how the motion was resolved. I asked her about what kind of cases I would be working on, what subject matter I would see the most, and what possibilities I would have to get some experience outside of just research and writing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. If anything, I was surprised at how simply the interview process ended up being. However, from what I gathered, the writing sample was extremely important, given the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an unpaid position.