Federal Reserve Bank (NY) Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014
32 interviews

2.9

Bank Examiner Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY).

The interview process was perfunctory. Some of the hiring managers couldn't be bothered to look away from their PC screens. Others were engaging. You will probably not end up working with anyone that interviews you. They will p lace you in a general pool from which you will be picked.

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY).

Applied online, one on-site interview. Interviewed with 2 economists or 2 RA's at a time, rotated through several pairs for each group. Questions asked about previous research experience and familiarity with econometrics and programming.

Interview Questions
    • What are the Gauss-Markov assumptions, and give an intuition for how relaxing each assumption affects your estimate.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in September 2013.

Interview process was completely unprofessional and the worst one I ever done. An HR representative set up 2 phone interviews with me. Only one of my interviewers called me, with basic questions about my background and experience. I contacted the other interviewer on the day & time of the interview, and kept getting his voice mail. Never heard back from him. Another phone interview was arranged a few weeks later, where the interviewer was condescending and rude throughout the entire interview. Asked questions regarding software and technologies I told him I had no experience with and was aggravated when I did not know the answer. Interviewer refused to repeat any questions, but expected I to repeat my answers to him due to the spotty phone connection. The interview process was by far the worst of all interviews I have ever done.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions regarding software and programs I have never used, even after telling the interviewer I have never used it before   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Not too comprehensive, focusing on what you have done. Be able to communicate what you know and what you want to know. Show interest in monetary policy. Do not be scared to ask questions that make sense.

Interview Questions
    • What was the least sound part of your past research projects?   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in August 2013.

One phone screen - very generic java questions (how much of the manual have you memorized type questions), one in-person interview

Interview Questions
    • nothing really difficult or off-base. However, they interviewed me for one job, and the, without telling me, assigned me to a totally different job with a completely different job that required skills I don't really possess (had I known about it, I never would have accepted an interview, let alone quit my job - you should specifically verify the job to which you will be assigned before accepting an offer)   Answer Question
    none - they offered a number - it was take it or leave it

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in December 2013.

Had 2 in person interviews with panels. Interview process is extremely well organized and focused. Received an offer after 2 interview . Pre Employment screening is extremely exhaustive and the go back 10 years verifying employment.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I was hands on after the question to describe my lead experience   Answer Question
    The offer was fair slightly on the lower side.
    HR did not negotiate but the benfits are great

Intern Interview

Applied through a recruiter, received a call back within the next 4 weeks to set up a phone interview. Planned an in person interview a week later.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in April 2011.

email exchanges with HR to set up an interview time. Came for a 1:1 interview with potential managers. After I was hired, I had a general interview with some team members.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation. I was offered a good signing bonus.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in July 2011.

The first interview was over the phone. About 20-30 minutes. Mostly in regards to my resume. I received a second interview about 2 months later, and that was more of a fit type interview. They asked about general fed questions and monetary policy. Nothing too serious.

Senior Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in October 2009.

Several levels of interviews. 3 months of a multi layer process. Do not renegotiate not countrrthe salary offer or they will close the offer.

Interview Questions
    Do not try to negotiate salary....they will move on to the next applicant.

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank (NY)? Contribute to the Community!