Federal Reserve Bank (NY)
www.newyorkfed.org New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

31 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY).

Interview Details – Applied online, one on-site interview. Interviewed with 2 economists or 2 RA's at a time, rotated through several pairs for each group. Questions asked about previous research experience and familiarity with econometrics and programming.

Interview Question – What are the Gauss-Markov assumptions, and give an intuition for how relaxing each assumption affects your estimate.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

IT Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was completely unprofessional and the worst one I ever done. An HR representative set up 2 phone interviews with me. Only one of my interviewers called me, with basic questions about my background and experience. I contacted the other interviewer on the day & time of the interview, and kept getting his voice mail. Never heard back from him. Another phone interview was arranged a few weeks later, where the interviewer was condescending and rude throughout the entire interview. Asked questions regarding software and technologies I told him I had no experience with and was aggravated when I did not know the answer. Interviewer refused to repeat any questions, but expected I to repeat my answers to him due to the spotty phone connection. The interview process was by far the worst of all interviews I have ever done.

Interview Question – I was asked questions regarding software and programs I have never used, even after telling the interviewer I have never used it before   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

Interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY)

Interview Details – Not too comprehensive, focusing on what you have done. Be able to communicate what you know and what you want to know. Show interest in monetary policy. Do not be scared to ask questions that make sense.

Interview Question – What was the least sound part of your past research projects?   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Architect
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in August 2013.

Interview Details – One phone screen - very generic java questions (how much of the manual have you memorized type questions), one in-person interview

Interview Question – nothing really difficult or off-base. However, they interviewed me for one job, and the, without telling me, assigned me to a totally different job with a completely different job that required skills I don't really possess (had I known about it, I never would have accepted an interview, let alone quit my job - you should specifically verify the job to which you will be assigned before accepting an offer)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none - they offered a number - it was take it or leave it

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in December 2013.

Interview Details – Had 2 in person interviews with panels. Interview process is extremely well organized and focused. Received an offer after 2 interview . Pre Employment screening is extremely exhaustive and the go back 10 years verifying employment.

Interview Question – I was asked if I was hands on after the question to describe my lead experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was fair slightly on the lower side.
HR did not negotiate but the benfits are great

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY)

Interview Details – Applied through a recruiter, received a call back within the next 4 weeks to set up a phone interview. Planned an in person interview a week later.

Interview Question – What do you plan to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Credit Risk Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in April 2011.

Interview Details – email exchanges with HR to set up an interview time. Came for a 1:1 interview with potential managers. After I was hired, I had a general interview with some team members.

Interview Question – How long do you see yourself in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. I was offered a good signing bonus.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in July 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview was over the phone. About 20-30 minutes. Mostly in regards to my resume. I received a second interview about 2 months later, and that was more of a fit type interview. They asked about general fed questions and monetary policy. Nothing too serious.

Interview Question – Just understand some of the basic monetary policies.   Answer Question

Senior Bank Examiner Interview

Senior Bank Examiner
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in October 2009.

Interview Details – Several levels of interviews. 3 months of a multi layer process. Do not renegotiate not countrrthe salary offer or they will close the offer.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do not try to negotiate salary....they will move on to the next applicant.

IT Interview

IT

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) in April 2013.

Interview Details – HR will not return emails/calls after the interview process. Results can take months. HR is quite unprofessional since they can give you false positives. The management at FRB seems to have their own agenda and may be just going through the motions of the interview process. It seems that they already have internal candidates lined up for the role.

Interview Question – Some of the questions asked by management were tricky.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Federal Reserve Bank (NY)

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank (NY)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Federal Reserve Bank (NY) interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by Federal Reserve Bank (NY) employees and interview candidates.