Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Management Analyst II Interview

Financial Management Analyst II
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted in April 2014 after a month from applying for the job online by a recruiter. I had to set up the time for the initial phone interview. During the phone interview, we discussed the Reserve, benefits, went over the position, and reviewed my resume. Immediately after the phone interview, I was called for an in-person interview with the Hiring Manager and set up to take a writing test and advanced excel skills test. The writing test was just to showcase your writing skills and if you could write in complete sentences, with no grammatical errors. The Excel text given to me was on the basis of me having advanced Excel skills. After the assessments, I met the Hiring Manager, and began a 1:1 interview for about 15-20 minutes, then other members of the team was bought in to meet me. You could tell the ladies had strong personalities, but that doesn't bother me.

The only issue was the follow up from HR. I made sure to stay in contact with the Recruiter and the Hiring Manager and although it wasn't immediate responses, they would response to my status update requests. Eventually, the recruiter started emailing me on her own in regards to my candidacy.

Overall, the interview went well, but I was beat out by an internal candidate.

Interview Question – No, difficult questions. Just questions on how you handle conflicts and if you had any issues with coworkers. Questions about my background and skills.   Answer Question

Financial Management Analyst II Interview

Financial Management Analyst II
Atlanta, GA

Interview Details – The hiring process is unbelievably long. I started the process in March 2014, and I had a phone interview a month later. Immediately afterwards, I was called for an in person interview. I had to take an Excel test and a writing test in HR prior to my interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was 30 minutes late; however she was very personable and engaged. Everything seemed to go smoothly until the potential co- workers arrived in the room. They were rude from the word go. They didn't have a lot of questions for me; however they looked at me with a lot of disdain. I was told repeatedly prior to the co-workers entering the room that I would have to be able to deal with conflicting personalities. I was told another round of interviews would be held. I heard from HR approximately a week ago that the hiring manager had been out of town but she would follow up once she heard how the hiring manager wanted to proceed. No surprise, I haven't heard anything else and it's useless to contact HR after the interview because they will not respond!!

Interview Question – Behavioral interview- no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Senior Community Development Advisor Interview

Senior Community Development Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online after in person networking. I was called for phone screen. Passed phone screen. Was asked about salary requirements. Recruiter requested writing samples. No response was given.

Interview Question – Relatively easy questions related to previous employment. Recruiter types what you say and forwards to hiring managers so be careful to say what you want hiring managers to know.   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Compensation Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter. Brought in for testing (Excel and Word) and in person panel interview with team. The Excel test was to test both Excel abilities, but critical thinking of a normal situation encountered by the position. Word test was two fold, one to write a memo that related to the Excel test, the other to write an essay as to why you should be hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you did not agree with your manager and the results of it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a situation where you had to convince someone of something.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online in January 2012. Got a call 2 months later in March 2012 for an interview with two managers in the department, and took an excel and writing assessment in HR. Did not hear anything for three months. Received a call in June 2012 to interview with Director and AVP. Got an offer two weeks later after background check was complete.

Interview Question – Describe some important regulations you think the Fed may have for private banks.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Accepted their first offer, as it was a good one.

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted two weeks after posting online for several internship openings in late-March 2011. I was asked to come in for an interview, fill out a conflicts of interest questionnaire, and agree to a background check. I interviewed with two different departments and was selected by one of them as a full-time summer intern. The interview itself was very simple and mostly consisted of going through my resume and schoolwork.

I also underwent a simple skills test for Microsoft Office products, which took about 40 minutes to complete (mostly because the test program is very slow). I was called back the next day, and five days later I received the offer upon completion of the background check.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with the Federal Reserve?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Largo, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in June 2010.

Interview Details – FIRST I SPOKE WITH HR AND THEN A BRANCH MANAGER .

Interview Questions

• TELL ME ABOUT A TIME THT YOU HELPED SOMEONE?   View Answer
  • HAVE YOU WORKED WITH SOMEONE YOU DIDN'T LIKE? IF SO HOW DID YOU HANDLE IT?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – THE PAY WAS NEGOTIABLE

Bank Examiner Interview

Bank Examiner
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in July 2009.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview and that was followed by a personal assessment / IQ test and a brief meeting with the recruiter. I then had another interview with the hiring managers. I was called again for a final interview with the head of the department. Everyone seemed very professional and relaxed. It appears to be a very good environment in which to work.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time in which you dealt with a very difficult person and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Examiner Interview

Examiner

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta in January 2009.

Interview Details – Jobs are posted on the bank's website. After submitting a resume online, an internal recruiter will contact you if they are interested in bringing you in for an interview. First you will take an online IQ type assessment on the computer in the HR department as well as complete a writting assessment. After that, you have a group panel interview where they ask you questions about your work experience and why you are qualified for the job.

Interview Question – What made you want to apply here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some negotiating is possible, but not much.

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta? Contribute to the Community!