Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland

Updated Jul 1, 2014

3.1

Economic Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in February 2014.

Phone interview with recruiter took about 20 minutes. Asked why want internship, how well you know Microsoft word, powerpoint, excel, SAS, what you want out of the intership. Face to face interview with three economic researcher analysts. Make you feel at ease. Was required to submit an 8 page research paper/project. I brought a paper form my Graduate Applied Linear Models class, that was done in SAS. Asked behavioral questions, i.e. 'When was a time you had a opportunity to do something and what did you do with it', as well as questions such as 'Why are you interested in economics'.

Interview Questions
    • What I like most about economics (because I have a BS in Math) and If I had a choice, what would I choose to do research on.   View Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.

will hire only hands on deleloper not lead or architect
    only hands on developer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in December 2013.

The first step of the interview was a phone interview with a recruiter and then a phone interview with a career development manager. If you successfully pass the phone screen, you then will get an email stating whether or not you are invited in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • They do not ask the typical questions in blunt format. They will ask you specific questions about past internships, what you want out of this internship that you didn't get out of the others, why you chosen your specific major, how you would rate yourself with being proficient with Word and Excel.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

HR Phone Interview first. then a skype interview with research department and HR as well.

Interview Questions
    • just normal. not get the offer for special reasons. they seem nice.   Answer Question

Data Entry/Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.

On my 1st interview of the process, Vince Kane, whom was head of HR, had interviewed me. He was very pleasant and made me feel very comfortable and welcome. I was called back for a 2nd interview and was interviewed by the work leader and supervisor of the Examination dept, which was part of my dept.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question that was asked of me was How would I handle a situation, if someone came over to me and wanted some of my work, to help with. Of course, being that the workflow was slow that day.   Answer Question
    I didn't really need to offer because they already had a pay rate set in mind, which was fine with me.

Technical Test Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.

Was contacted immediately after resume submission. But had to wait for a call 1 month later to go ahead with an assessment. Interview took place after another month and was called for second interview in a week from 1st interview.Had to wait for 1 month after 2nd interview to know I was not selected but someone internally filled up the spot.The whole process took abt 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioural questions.Was asked to explain the assessment I did.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in March 2013.

The process starts with a programming assessment. About 3 hours. Done at home. The main recruiter there is dishonest. Stated 110/annual salary before the assessment. After hoops were jumped, he knocked it down to 95. Reasoning was that is inline with what others make there already. They know that before hand and shouldn't bait and switch. The candidate puts the effort in before hand based on expectations. Now he will say that something was flawed with the assessment done. That is why we have GlassDoor.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the question about honesty in the hiring process.   Answer Question

Summer Intern/Finance Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.

First, a phone interview with a recruiter. Very short and to the point.
    If chosen for a follow-up interview, it will be on-site or accommodated quite well to fit your schedule. Unfortunately, sort of short notice.
    The second interview will be a panel interview with two or three top management in specific departments. Usually a pretty good chance if given a second interview. I had a 1 in 7 chance of getting the internship.
    The interview takes approximately 3 hours to complete.
    30 Minute meeting with original recruiter, 1 hour interview with panel, and 1 hour writing assessment. (Be early!) Security clearance checkpoint may take some time depending on when you arrive.
    Straightforward interview (laid back) and very basic writing assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific time where you showed leadership experience and describe the event and outcome.   Answer Question

Summer Research Intern Interview

Had two phone interviews. First with HR. Second with three current research analysts.
    In the second interview, they asked my about my research, if I had written an economic research papers, about my experience with data and statistical packages, and my coursework/school. They seemed nice overall, but HR got pretty aggressive when they gave me the offer.
    You also have to provide references and a transcript, and, given that similar jobs couldn't care less about your references, they make you jump through comparably more hoops.

Interview Questions

They recruited early and weren't flexible with when I could accept the offer.

Financial Analyst I Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in June 2012.

Once you applied for a position the interview process took a very long time. In one instance it took well over a month for HR to even contact me about the position I applied for, and at least another month before I even had an interview, and almost another month before I was contacted by HR with the final results of the interview. The HR staff was lazy and unorganized. Their skills tests were sloppy and out of date.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a suggestion or implemented a change that made a dramatic difference in the way a procedures or task was handled, and if it saved the organization time and money? Be specific.   Answer Question