Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland

Engaged Employer

Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

Financial Analyst II Interview

Interview

The process was pretty standard when compared to similar roles in other departments… HR screening. Two rounds of panel interviews (a mix of department managers and managers from similar areas in the bank). Writing assessment

Interview Questions

• A laundry list of "Tell me about a time when…." questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. If you negotiate, they will pull the offer.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online through student posting site. Was contacted by HR, conducted a phone interview with HR before bringing on-site for management (also do Skype interviews when appropriate). Managers responded to my thank-you e-mails saying they wanted to move forward with the process and asked for 3 references. After checking my references, I was offered the internship. Completed background check, drug check, etc. before beginning internship.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a hard time working with a group and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Economic Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter took about 20 minutes. Asked why want internship, how well you know Microsoft word, powerpoint, excel, SAS, what you want out of the intership. Face to face interview with three economic researcher analysts. Make you feel at ease. Was required to submit an 8 page research paper/project. I brought a paper form my Graduate Applied Linear Models class, that was done in SAS. Asked behavioral questions, i.e. 'When was a time you had a opportunity to do something and what did you do with it', as well as questions such as 'Why are you interested in economics'.

Interview Questions

• What I like most about economics (because I have a BS in Math) and If I had a choice, what would I choose to do research on.   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.

Interview

will hire only hands on deleloper not lead or architect
    only hands on developer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

The first step of the interview was a phone interview with a recruiter and then a phone interview with a career development manager. If you successfully pass the phone screen, you then will get an email stating whether or not you are invited in for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They do not ask the typical questions in blunt format. They will ask you specific questions about past internships, what you want out of this internship that you didn't get out of the others, why you chosen your specific major, how you would rate yourself with being proficient with Word and Excel.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

HR Phone Interview first. then a skype interview with research department and HR as well.

Interview Questions

• just normal. not get the offer for special reasons. they seem nice.   Answer Question

Data Entry/Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

On my 1st interview of the process, Vince Kane, whom was head of HR, had interviewed me. He was very pleasant and made me feel very comfortable and welcome. I was called back for a 2nd interview and was interviewed by the work leader and supervisor of the Examination dept, which was part of my dept.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question that was asked of me was How would I handle a situation, if someone came over to me and wanted some of my work, to help with. Of course, being that the workflow was slow that day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really need to offer because they already had a pay rate set in mind, which was fine with me.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.

Interview

Was contacted immediately after resume submission. But had to wait for a call 1 month later to go ahead with an assessment. Interview took place after another month and was called for second interview in a week from 1st interview.Had to wait for 1 month after 2nd interview to know I was not selected but someone internally filled up the spot.The whole process took abt 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioural questions.Was asked to explain the assessment I did.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

The process starts with a programming assessment. About 3 hours. Done at home. The main recruiter there is dishonest. Stated 110/annual salary before the assessment. After hoops were jumped, he knocked it down to 95. Reasoning was that is inline with what others make there already. They know that before hand and shouldn't bait and switch. The candidate puts the effort in before hand based on expectations. Now he will say that something was flawed with the assessment done. That is why we have GlassDoor.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was the question about honesty in the hiring process.   Answer Question

Summer Intern/Finance Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

First, a phone interview with a recruiter. Very short and to the point.
    If chosen for a follow-up interview, it will be on-site or accommodated quite well to fit your schedule. Unfortunately, sort of short notice.
    The second interview will be a panel interview with two or three top management in specific departments. Usually a pretty good chance if given a second interview. I had a 1 in 7 chance of getting the internship.
    The interview takes approximately 3 hours to complete.
    30 Minute meeting with original recruiter, 1 hour interview with panel, and 1 hour writing assessment. (Be early!) Security clearance checkpoint may take some time depending on when you arrive.
    Straightforward interview (laid back) and very basic writing assessment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific time where you showed leadership experience and describe the event and outcome.   Answer Question