Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.

Interview Details – Being offered an intern position at the Federal Reserve is very competitive. Close to 100 applicants for each intern position and the interview process is very thorough. There were three rounds of interviews. Phone interview was mostly behavioral questions i.e. "Tell me a time you....." the second and third interview were more technical and consisted of leadership within the department you would be working with upon receiving an offer. All the employees and human resources staff were very polite. Just be ready to put yourself out there and let them know you are the best for the job.

Also, because there were so many applicants don't expect for the hiring process to be quick... took a month or two to get the offer from the initial application submission.

Interview Question – There's no way you can prepare for each behavioral question that is going to be asked - there's too many scenarios. Just be prepared to think on your feet and be confident in your answers.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.

Interview Details – Interview process was very thorough. There were four different sets of interviews that I had to complete. It was nice to have that oppertunity because it allows you to interact with people who you will be working with.

Interview Question – Alot of the questions they asked started off with the following phrase, "Tell me about a time...". This really made me think hard and it was a good oppertunity to give true life examples that show what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Computer Engineer Interview

Senior Computer Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in March 2012.

Interview Details – There was a lengthy technical phone interview. From what I understand it is difficult to make it past this initial interview but I made it to the in-person interview. As I was getting ready to go upstairs my recruiter informed me she had never had any one get an offer. I understood why after the interview had completed. It consisted of over 2 hours of technical questions covering a number of technologies, problem solving, diagramming, and an essay test at the end. This was followed by a 30 - 45 minute interview with the hiring manager. I normally get an offer when I interview but did not receive one. I honestly don't think the guys interviewing me could have gotten offer from their own interview.

Interview Question – I was asked technical questions about subjects that were not on my resume and I had no experience with. There were questions about EJB3, which I had to answer I had never used. The hiring manager told me I was marked down for those type of answers.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

Interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas

Interview Details – Extensive

Interview Question – Just be prepared   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Normal

Facility Engineer Interview

Facility Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.

Interview Details – Very disorganized, extremely little communication between departments. Mid level management was talented and engaged. Senior level managers were ill informed and based decisions on rumor and hearsay.

Interview Question – Where would you see yourself within this organization in ten years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The response time was ridiculous, took months for any feedback or decisions to get made.

Management Development Professional Interview

Management Development Professional
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email for a phone screen a few weeks later. Phone interview was basic questions regarding leadership style and self-identified areas for improvement. Was told I"d hear back within a week, followed up and was told I'd hear back within a month, haven't heard back since. Interview was very stiff and clearly just writing down answers as opposed to treating the interview like a conversation.

Interview Question – What technical skill do you believe needs the most improvement?   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

IT Support
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.

Interview Details – I did a phone interview that led to a one on one interview about a week or so later. Then I didn't hear a word for over a month. Suddenly they called and wanted a second interview, which wasn't really an interview at all but a "meet everyone on the team" kind of thing. I expected an offer before I left, but didn't hear back until the next week when they told me I was a "Finalist" but they needed to check my references. After a week of that I finally received an offer that was below what I told them my range was initially. I was quite let down, but negotiated with them only to be rebuffed twice as far as any increase was concerned. I only was able to discuss salary with the HR rep, not the hiring manager. I ultimately turned it down since the reasons HR gave for the salary offer screamed of the type of place where you can't really expect to ever get appropriate merit increases either. Some things go without saying. Besides, I had two better offers on the table. I wanted to go with The Fed based on the whole package, but the salary issue was a deal-breaker.

Interview Question – "What kind of fruit would you be?" I'm still not sure what to make of that one.   Answer Question

Distributed Applications Developer Interview

Distributed Applications Developer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in May 2009.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview, purely technical. In this case, it was a Java/J2EE position, so lots of questions in that area.

Once you get through, they bring you in for face to face technical interview. This is normally 2 people asking you questions with a whiteboard for you or them to write on if necessary. This is immediately followed or preceded by a more personality type of interview with the hiring manager and you also have to answer a questions like an essay question from school.

Interview Question – What are the layers of the application where Struts framework exists?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotation from them when it comes to salary. The bonus is also not very minimal.

Distributed Applications Developer Interview

Distributed Applications Developer
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in May 2009.

Interview Details – Technical phone interview, in person technical interview with 2 people, behavioral interview with hiring manager, lunch with the team

Interview Question – Behavioral question about how to handle a situation where there is struggle in the team.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Absolutely negotiation from them. They won't budge.

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas? Contribute to the Community!