Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

The hiring process is a little bit confusing for this company. It has connections with private recruiters and looks like the only way to get into it is via a recruiter. Interview process takes 2-3 weeks. The interviewers does not seem to have hands on knowledge. They only have some theoretical questions. Overall I am not very optimistic about this company. It does not seem to be a good fit for a software engineer who seeks rapid development with advanced technology.

Customer Service Interview

Focus was on customer service scenarios

no negotiating

Analyst I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

Very behavioral type questions -- "tell me about a time when.." Nothing really unexpected. Make sure you know about the position and don't hesitate to ask questions.
    Phone interview followed by going to KC HQ for 2 additional interviews and a panel. There is a final interview with management.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions -- come in with good, solid examples ready   Answer Question

Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in January 2014.

Applied online. Received phone call to schedule a conference interview within 10 days after the application deadline. Interviewed by three assistant vice presidents for about 25 minutes. Received requests for additional information from HR two days after the interview.

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in July 2013.

Had an initial HR interview, which asked some technical questions, then another phone interview that was completely technical, and then on-site interview which again had 1 hour technical interview followed by manager round. They gave little input to the recruiter so I had little clue on what to expect for on site interview.

Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.

Completed and online application along with my cover letter and resume. Got through that process and was invited to interview with a HR rep on campus a few weeks later. Got through that phase and was intvited to interview in Kansas City. In-house interview consisted of two 1-on-1 interviews with executives. Everyone was nice. Was emailed a week later requested a final phone interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

On campus interview

Interview Questions
    • This job description is very ambiguous, and you can't target a specific position. The position is not what I was looking for.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in March 2013.

Multiple Interview Rounds, 1 at career services, 1 at office they bring about 50 kids for just 1 spot so it is very competitive. My interviewer was not a very fun person to talk to, but she seemed intelligent. She definitely did not sell me on the position or the lifestyle.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in February 2013.

Interview was very straight forward. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was typical questions such as tell me about yourself. What are your future goals. I have the initial interview with the IT manager, then I had a second interview with all three managers. I was offered the job shortly after the second round interview.

No negotiation phase.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in February 2013.

Phone interview with an economist and a research assistant. Overall was fairly laid back, mostly behavioral questions, but they will try to uncover how much you really know about statistics/econometrics.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us about an econometrics project that you have done.   Answer Question