Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis

Updated Jan 8, 2015

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.

Interview

Standard HR approved questions yet the process takes a very long time between sending in resume and an offer. They prefer panel interviews and now for entry level jobs the managers do a second interview. Candidates are presented to officers and then offers are made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on salary; they offer and you accept or don't take job.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, recruiter called a week later to schedule a telephone interview. The telephone interview lasted 20 minutes with recruiter. Then a week later, was contacted for a face-to-face interview with hiring manager. Lasted a little over an hour. Followed up with a 2nd interview with more department folks, including senior leadership to see if it would be a "good fit."

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Talk about your last performance evaluation. Have you had difficult relationships/how do you handle difficult relationships/situations?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

I got a call two days after applying online. I set up a phone interview for the next day, and I was surprised by how many behavioral questions the recruiter asked me. I was definitely thrown off and not prepared for them. I thought it went poorly but after the interview she set me up to talk to her boss the next day. I was more prepared for that interview and thought it went very well. They told me they would contact me the next week about next steps, but I never heard anything so I'm assuming I won't be moving on.

Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2010.

Interview

The process was handled through a recruiter. I had a couple of phone interviews, one with the recruiter and one with the supervisor. Then I was invited to fly out to Minneapolis for an interview. When I arrived I learned the recruiter I had worked with was on vacation or something so I was working with another recruiter onsite who provided some information regarding the position, pay, benefits, etc.

The interview with the manager is the funniest most unbelievable interview I have ever had. I was escorted to some conference room where there for four or five managers. I was seated at the head of the table with my back facing the door. About 10 or 15 minutes into the interview the door swung open and a very flustered individual demanded we leave because we had not reserved the conference room. Four of the five managers, without saying a word, got up and left. They looked all bashful and embarrassed. No thank you for coming, so sorry about this, nothing.

The one manager that remained (the supervisor for the position I assume) stood in the hall and talked to me for another 15 minutes or so then kicked me out of the building. I set outside on this decorative wall for a good two hours before my taxi came and picked me up and took me to the airport.

Interview Questions

• Very few questions. I basically described my background as an Examiner with my current employer then was kicked out of the conference room.   Answer Question

I was astounded that they actually made me an offer. First of all, the position was in Helena not Minneapolis, which was not clear during the application and interview process. Furthermore, the pay information they provided clearly stated Minneapolis/Helena and the Bank was not willing to offer me anything more than the absolute minimum despite my years as an examiner with a state agency.

Besides who wants to work in an environment in which employees are so hostile towards one another and the managers don't even stand up and apologize to guests for the blatant rudeness of the workforce?

Business Operations Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis in February 2012.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR for a phone interview. I was contacted a few days later for an in-person interview with 2 VPs and a Director. It was a comfortable atmosphere and a behavioral questions. I left the interview feeling comfortable with those that I met with. I was contacted the next day and told that they were working on an offer and that I was their final candidate!