Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

2.9

Reports Analyst C Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in March 2014.

I was initially invited to have an interview at the main office at the 6th street, and the office building was so cool and people needed to go through a security check. Firstly, I was interviewed at the HR department and they ask you basic questions like your desired salary, and the HR manager shared me what Fed does, and the benefit they offered. Then, I was interviewed at the statistics department with the department manager and her assistant. These people were extremely nice and laugh a lot during the interview, and I believed, that should be perceived as a chat. They asked you specific statistical and technical questions, and some behavioral questions like scenario reactions. Finally, they will show your a graph regarding to the Vault Cash condition of a bank, and see if you can tell any tendencies, anomalies, and discoveries. Make sure you know the concept of VaR at the 95% level. The overall process took about an hour, and I really enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Up to what level can you use Excel (or SAS) to do statistical work?
      If you face multiple deadline at the same day where you cannot complete them all, then what will you do?
      If there is an argue between you and your colleague, or your supervisor, then what will you do?
        View Answer

Retail Risk Analyst Internship Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.

I was contacted by a lady to arrange an interview. It was set in my spring break and I received a call from them at around 10 in the morning. I don't know whether they already filled up the position with someone else or for some other reason, they did not seem to be interested in talking to me. They just skimmed through my resume and they finished the interview. they did not give me the opportunity to explain why I am a perfect fit for this SAS programmer job ( I am a certified Base programmer for SAS).

Interview Questions
    • They did not ask any question regarding the main element in the intended job. (SAS)   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in January 2013.

I was initially contacted by a member of HR about a week after I had applied online. She was very nice & professional, interview was setup for 3 weeks later (it was the holidays, so maybe that was the reason for the delay). Met with the department manager & a member of his staff. The meeting with the department manager was fine, he didn't really know specifics about the actual position but did ask some pertinent questions. Met with the other DBA & he must've never interviewed someone before because he didn't speak very loudly or clearly & when I asked for him to repeat his question, he would not. It was very strange & I ended up having to try to figure out what he was asking, by saying something like, "Well, if I heard what you said correctly.." & paused waiting for some sort of acknowledgement. His acknowledgement ( a slight movement of the head) was even more vague than his initial question. Probably cost me a legitimate shot at the job, which is frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions (from the DBA) ended up being difficult to answer because like I mentioned before, I could barely understand what the interviewer was asking & he would not repeat his question & I had to guess at what he was trying to ask. Another thing I cound weird was when the DBA came in, he offered for me to start the interview by asking him some questions. I asked can you take me through a typical day in your life, to which he responded by saying; Well, tell me what you do? (this was actually the only clearly spoken question he asked me).   View Answer

Market and Liquidity Risk Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in February 2012.

I applied online and 3 or 4 days later was contacted by phone for an interview in person (no phone interview). I was amazed at the speed with which they requested an interview. 2 people interviewing, hiring manager (very nice lady) and an HR representative (very knowledgeable). I got a very good impression of my interviewers, polite, respectful and willing to answer questions I had. I inquired about room for growth, opportunities, etc.

Interview Questions
    • 100% Behavioral interview. None unexpected. Pretty typical behavioral questions you can find online. The most difficult for me was: "Tell me a time you had an opinion that was contrary to the majority of a group, and how you spoke up and confronted them about your differences". Bottom line, this position is for a bank examiner, need strong character individuals who can speak up and tell upper management (from the banks they supervise) if something is not being done correctly.   Answer Question

Facilities Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in April 2012.

The interview was Great. I was more like a Friendly conversation . They ask me about my experience , what my favorite classes where.after the interview they gave me a tour of the building and I knew than I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult at all . They were friendly   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in April 2009.

I was contacted by phone and invited to interview in person for the position. No information was provided about the names or titles of the interviwers, nor was any information provided when I requsted it. A two section inerview. The first part was a one-on-one H.R. interview lasting about 30 minutes. The second part of the itnerview was a panel intervew. There were four interviewers who only provided their names and would not provide information about their roles. The hiring manager started asking questions before I sat down. He was a socially awkward person who was nor peronable and was very rude throughout the time I was there.

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail what link fragmentation and interleaving is and how specifically to configure it.   Answer Question
    • "Explain routing".   Answer Question

The people were rude, would not answer questions about the position or would evade direct questions. Benefits desribed were poor, and the pay low compared to current market rates.

Research Intern Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in April 2010.

Interview in person at the Bank. There is a lot of security getting into the building but the research department is friendly. I had 3 interviews. 2 in the research department and one with HR. The research department asks about your future plans and is resume based. Then they focus a lot of research and to figure out if you have experience with the software they use. HR was an easy interview.

Securities Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia in December 2009.

After an extremely quick phone interview, I was asked to come by for a face-to-face. I started with a quick 20 minute HR interview. They asked the basics about why I applied for this job and why I was leaving my current job. Then I move onto the panel interview. 3:1 One director and two others that seemed to be in less managerial roles. This interview took about 2 hours. The first 1 1/2 hours was the meat of the interview. They wanted to know about my past experience and how it was applicable to this job. The last 30 minutes was 3 questions from a cookie cutter printout of interview questions. For example, one of the questions was, "Site a specific example of a time you feel like you overcame adversity."

Interview Questions
    • Give a specific example of a time you had to problem solve   View Answer

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia? Contribute to the Community!