Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond

Updated Jan 2, 2015
Updated Jan 2, 2015

2.6

Technical Support Interview

Easy not hard. Do research before of position. Also be confident in your answers and ask a lot of questions. Very organized on when letting know if you recieved offer

Not negotiable

FRIT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.

Behavioral phone interview with offer at the end. Simple questions asking about past situations in which I was challenged and how I reacted, "STAR" technique. Very polite and friendly interviewer. No follow up questions, just moved on, whole process took less than twenty minutes. No salary was negotiated, the interviewer said what the rate is and made the offer.

Assistant Examiner Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.

Applied online from non-target school. The interview/application process was lengthy (initial phone screening from recruiter, phone interview from hiring managers, in-person interview with hiring managers and managing examiners). Application originally submitted in January and the final decision was made in late April. Hiring decision occurred about two weeks after the final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • Typical fit and behavioral questions for the recruiter screening and phone interviews. In-person interview had an additional aptitude test that the managing examiners walk you through.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.

I applied for a position as a contractor. The phone interview was very pleasant. The person seemed like she'd be great to work for. I was asked to come in for an interview with her and two others. They all seemed very nice and I wanted that job so bad!

Interview Questions
    • Surprisingly, the most difficult question was "How do you ensure you are providing excellent customer service?" I just wasn't prepared for that and totally blew it.   Answer Question
    • Also be prepared to answer how you have handled a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Also be prepared to describe how you have handled a difference of opinion with a coworker.   Answer Question

Business Continuity Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.

It all happened very quickly. I got a phone call from HR to schedule an interview, had the interview the next week, and got the offer two days later. The interview questions were all straight forward and just wanted to make sure that I was a normal human being.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult or unexpected questions as far as I can recall.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond in January 2014.

1st phone interview, including salary expectations.
    2nd on site with hiring manager and HM's peer.
    Rigorous physical security - makes airports seem tame.
    After they explained the corporate org structure, Standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would your superiors describe you? followed by how would your subordinates describe you?   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond in March 2013.

My interview experience was positive and fairly straightforward. For candidates applying out of state, interviews will be conducted via phone call. I received one 3-way conference call with a Research Associate and Economist, who proceeded to ask me detailed questions about my past research. I received a phone call a week later from HR with an offer.

Executive Support Staff Assistant for the Charlotte Branch Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.

In July of 2007, I was brought in for an interview for the position of Executive Support Staff Assistant for the Charlotte branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond. To this day two things still stand out from the interview:

1) I met with a very unique individual that was very open and honest with me. That individual told me that I was a great fit for the position and the most qualified candidate that person had seen. Nonetheless, I would never be hired. I would not fit into the culture "and you can guess why", that person told me. When I told that person that it was because I am Cuban (a minority), that person agreed and then told me that not only because I am a minority, but because I am also gay. I would not be hired.

2) I met with what I was told was the head of the Charlotte branch. To this day I am still floored by the minority based questions that he asked and by his lack of respect. I have a feeling that he thought that I could barely speak English! Yet there I was with four languages under my belt. He was out of touch with reality. Not long after that, I had him unceremoniously 'retired' from the bank.

If these racist fools knew who I am and what I do for this government I have a feeling that they would have treated me much differently and with an ounce of respect. However, I am glad that this happened and that I got a chance to see what the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond's Charlotte branch was really all about and the toxic environment that they maintain in order to promote the good 'ole boys club. As a current employee posted on their GlassDoor review: "Diversity is inexistent (law enforcement and cleaning services are where the blacks work in Charlotte)"

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond in October 2011.

HR organization does not really seem to know what they want (or at least some members). In the end, they did not choose any candidates and then went out again several months later with the same posting. Unfortunately, they decided this after spending time for 2 rounds of interviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond in March 2011.

I was interviewed by three individuals at my university. They were very organized and created a relaxed and comfortable environment for me. I was offered the internship at the end of the interview but had to wait a few weeks to receive a formal offer and paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of the biggest challenges you've been faced with in a working environment?   Answer Question