Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

3.2

Law Enforcement Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Hiring process is very in depth and detailed. The length of time is exceeding long and frustrating at times. You will be expected to test for general writing abilities then you will be required to conduct a panel interview. Once passed through the panel interview, if you make it through the other prior testing you will be required to submit to a in depth written test not to exceed over 5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is the question that you aren't prepared for. The interview process is detailed, but the questions that are asked are open ended questions that require you to explain reasoning, logical thought process, leadership, decision making skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Applied online and heard back a month later. Had a Phone interview and then an in-person panel interview (3 people for 2 hours) + a writing and multiple choice exam. Phone interview consisted of general HR questions. For the panel interview, they tell you straightforward that it is "going to be like going through the ringer."

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in February 2014.

Phone Interview followed by panel interview

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in January 2014.

About two and half month process starting with online resume submission and cover letter, writing test, multiple interviews up to manager/VP before offer was done. Then, about three weeks or so to finish background check requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Explain prior industry examples applicable to position   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Posted resume online, and a few weeks go by before I received a phone call to talk to recruiter. Another week or two goes by, and I am asked to interview by phone with HR. Another week or two goes by, and I was asked to interview with a panel of 3 face-to-face. Another 2 weeks, another face-to-face interview with Senior Managers. I was then asked to complete a Writing Assessment (not 1, but 2). After months of interviews, and going back and forth, I was informed by a generic email that I did not get the position.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in February 2013.

Applied January 28. Contacted for phone interview February 19. Interviewed February 25. Interview was extremely technical. No behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your background and how this job fits into it, including your experience with data and statistical packages.   Answer Question
    • Tell us what you are studying in your advanced econometrics course.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your research project.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about any mathematical computational experience or computer science experience you have.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in April 2011.

Phone interview with two managers and an in-office interview with the team manager and a member of the Internship council.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in January 2011.

The process was handled through a recruiter. I believe I had a couple of phone interviews before I was invited to fly to San Francisco and participate in an in person interview. I don't really remember the interview that well. I do recall it was with two of the managers, but they really didn't make an impression on me good or bad. They also had me take some sort of personality assessment and then one of the managers wanted to see me again to wrap up. The worst part was the aftermath. I remember getting a call a week or so later from another recruiter asking if I would be interesting in interviewing for an examiner position. I politely said I just came back from an interview and was still interested. She said well are you still interested? I said yes then she hung up. About a week after that, I got a call from an accountant or something asking about some expenses. Where you in San Francisco, did you stay at the whatever place, why were you here? I was like WTF is going on. About a week after that, I got a call from the recruiter again offering me the position and asked for my salary requirements. She said there is no way we could do that an hung up. The absolute worst part is it took them over 6 months to reimburse me for my expenses.

First of all, San Francisco is one of the most expense areas to live in in the world. The salary they offered was a joke and less than what I was currently making. Second, they were absolutely not going to pay for relocation. Lastly, who wants to work for such a disorganized employer? Seriously?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in January 2011.

Just a run through of the resume, and basic behavioral questions

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in November 2010.

Typical overview of the position, roles, responsibilities. Overview of resume and some behavior questions about situations such as conflict resolution, stress management, and innovation.

Interview Questions
    Non-existant. External candidates should ask for 10% increases. Once hired there is no bargaining power.