Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

3.1

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (Foster City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with HR was confirmed via email Interview took 30 mins, asking me about my background and the reason I was looking for a new job I passed the phone screen :) Sent an admin test for Microsoft office suite after phone screen Haven;t heard back from them and I had high scores, 90% and the global average is 77%! It's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard from them

Interview Questions

• What are you powerpoint skills like   1 Answer

Business/Financial Analyst Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a week later for a 30 min phone interview. A week later a face to face panel interview was scheduled. I am still in the interview process, but I was told that there was a third interview required if they chose to move forward. The interview questions were nothing out of the ordinary.

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Interview

I had 15 min phone interview by HR then about 45 min phone interview by a direct manager about a week later. They are really bad with scheduling and time management. They called half an hour later then scheduled time, doesn't respond to emails for weeks. Also, they wanted me to come in for in-person interview but didn't contact me at promised time. I actually had to email them several times if they still want to continue or not so that I can move on.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of ordinary. Mostly from your resume and explain in detail what you did etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR a couple of months after I submitted an application on their site to pick a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by two people and lasted 30 minutes. One hiring manager and one person on the internship committee. The interview started out with the hiring manager describing what the internship would be like and then they proceeded to ask 4 questions, typical behavioral question. Then they opened it up to questions. I was decisions would be made the week after.

Law Enforcement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Interview

Hiring process is very in depth and detailed. The length of time is exceeding long and frustrating at times. You will be expected to test for general writing abilities then you will be required to conduct a panel interview. Once passed through the panel interview, if you make it through the other prior testing you will be required to submit to a in depth written test not to exceed over 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question is the question that you aren't prepared for. The interview process is detailed, but the questions that are asked are open ended questions that require you to explain reasoning, logical thought process, leadership, decision making skills.   Answer Question

Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online and heard back a month later. Had a Phone interview and then an in-person panel interview (3 people for 2 hours) + a writing and multiple choice exam. Phone interview consisted of general HR questions. For the panel interview, they tell you straightforward that it is "going to be like going through the ringer."

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by panel interview

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

About two and half month process starting with online resume submission and cover letter, writing test, multiple interviews up to manager/VP before offer was done. Then, about three weeks or so to finish background check requirements.

Interview Questions

• Explain prior industry examples applicable to position   Answer Question

Project Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Posted resume online, and a few weeks go by before I received a phone call to talk to recruiter. Another week or two goes by, and I am asked to interview by phone with HR. Another week or two goes by, and I was asked to interview with a panel of 3 face-to-face. Another 2 weeks, another face-to-face interview with Senior Managers. I was then asked to complete a Writing Assessment (not 1, but 2). After months of interviews, and going back and forth, I was informed by a generic email that I did not get the position.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in February 2013.

Interview

Applied January 28. Contacted for phone interview February 19. Interviewed February 25. Interview was extremely technical. No behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and how this job fits into it, including your experience with data and statistical packages.   Answer Question
    • Tell us what you are studying in your advanced econometrics course.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your research project.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about any mathematical computational experience or computer science experience you have.   Answer Question