Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 10, 2014

3.2

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in January 2011.

The process was handled through a recruiter. I believe I had a couple of phone interviews before I was invited to fly to San Francisco and participate in an in person interview. I don't really remember the interview that well. I do recall it was with two of the managers, but they really didn't make an impression on me good or bad. They also had me take some sort of personality assessment and then one of the managers wanted to see me again to wrap up. The worst part was the aftermath. I remember getting a call a week or so later from another recruiter asking if I would be interesting in interviewing for an examiner position. I politely said I just came back from an interview and was still interested. She said well are you still interested? I said yes then she hung up. About a week after that, I got a call from an accountant or something asking about some expenses. Where you in San Francisco, did you stay at the whatever place, why were you here? I was like WTF is going on. About a week after that, I got a call from the recruiter again offering me the position and asked for my salary requirements. She said there is no way we could do that an hung up. The absolute worst part is it took them over 6 months to reimburse me for my expenses.

First of all, San Francisco is one of the most expense areas to live in in the world. The salary they offered was a joke and less than what I was currently making. Second, they were absolutely not going to pay for relocation. Lastly, who wants to work for such a disorganized employer? Seriously?

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in January 2014.

About two and half month process starting with online resume submission and cover letter, writing test, multiple interviews up to manager/VP before offer was done. Then, about three weeks or so to finish background check requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Explain prior industry examples applicable to position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Applied online and heard back a month later. Had a Phone interview and then an in-person panel interview (3 people for 2 hours) + a writing and multiple choice exam. Phone interview consisted of general HR questions. For the panel interview, they tell you straightforward that it is "going to be like going through the ringer."

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in April 2011.

Phone interview with two managers and an in-office interview with the team manager and a member of the Internship council.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Posted resume online, and a few weeks go by before I received a phone call to talk to recruiter. Another week or two goes by, and I am asked to interview by phone with HR. Another week or two goes by, and I was asked to interview with a panel of 3 face-to-face. Another 2 weeks, another face-to-face interview with Senior Managers. I was then asked to complete a Writing Assessment (not 1, but 2). After months of interviews, and going back and forth, I was informed by a generic email that I did not get the position.

Senior Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in March 2009.

I have applied online... got the email in a month to attend the interviews... interview consists of 1 written test(very easy... just keep uptodate with latest technologies, simple programs), group panel interview(explain your project and technologies you worked on... it was easy), interview with managers, one on one interview with senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about the diff between EJB 3 and EJB2   Answer Question
    • Questions on Spring, Hibernate: Dependency Injection, Transaction management, HQL, java threading, etc   Answer Question
    I was not given an option to negotiate but there are a lot of folks negotiated for better salary and they won. If your current salary is high, they automatically consider providing higher salary. After you join, it is very hard to get pay rise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in January 2011.

Just a run through of the resume, and basic behavioral questions

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in November 2010.

Typical overview of the position, roles, responsibilities. Overview of resume and some behavior questions about situations such as conflict resolution, stress management, and innovation.

Interview Questions
    Non-existant. External candidates should ask for 10% increases. Once hired there is no bargaining power.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in February 2009.

Posted the resume online
    Recruiter email requesting me to post the resume again for generic developer job code meant for a job fair onsite
    From 8:30 to 11:30
    First, a written Java test for 30 to 45 minutes
    Then, a technical panel of 3 interviewed
    I must have done well, so I was escorted upstairs to a panel that had managers
    After, couple of days I was invited for 1:1 meeting with a Director level officer
    I got the offer within the next couple of days

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate at all. I only pointed them to my present salary :(

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco in September 2009.

Applied for an Examiner position. Got a phone call about 3 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview happens about 2 weeks later. Questions are basic and behavioral in nature. About a month or 2 goes by and I get the onsite interview. I take a critical thinking test as well as a writing test. I then get interviewed by 3 people in management positions. Questions are basically background as well as scenario/hypotheticals.

Interview Questions

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco? Contribute to the Community!