Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis Interview Questions

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis

Java Lead Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.

Interview

3 interviews. Initial phone screen by architect - was asked general questions about spring, hibernate and then specifics of the java language. Second round was face to face technical interview - was asked to explain current projects and describe how different frameworks were being utilized, secure coding standards, unit testing, hibernate in detached mode, ehcache. Face to face interview was very amicable, and general tone was just to determine what tools I've used and whether that experience would come in handy on their projects. Third round was with Treasury managers and that was just a formality - they wanted to meet me in person and see if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Have you used ehcache for hibernate, and if so, how ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

initial offer was slightly lower than what I had asked for, but when I countered, they agreed on my initial number.

Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.

Interview

Contacted by HR. Went through a standard 30 minute interview largely about the overview of the position. Asked one question that was about a situation I encountered. Had one in person interview with a panel of people. Mostly questions around my knowledge of regulations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation that you wish you had handled differently based on the outcome   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in August 2014.

Interview

- Contacted by a recruiter after a friend's mother sent her my resume. Recruiter asked if I would be interested in such and such position. I said yes. - Set up an interview on-site for a few weeks later. Met a few members of the team I would be working with and the manager, standard questions about background/qualifications, what I look for in a job, what their office is like, mostly just to see if I would be a good fit for the team. - Got a call a week and a half later, told to fill out an online application for a different position, was brought in again for an interview more specific to the new position, met another member of the team, answered questions about my research as a grad student. - Heard from HR a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• This was from HR and not at all unexpected, but the recruiter wanted to know what my salary expectations were for the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The hiring manager was open to negotiations, and it was mainly done through the recruiter.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone briefly for 30 min. HR told me the duties of the position and verified that I would still like to pursue the job. Then, I answered simple questions such as "why would you like to work for us?" Nothing that would surprise you or catch you off guard. There was at least one more interview after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What duties does this position have based on the job description you read?   1 Answer

Assistant Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (Kirksville, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

Only made it through the first interview for a consumer affairs position. It was a 3 part interview. First part was writing about a sample scenario with a bank expanding into a new region. 2nd and 3rd parts were standard interviews, one with two bank examiners and one with HR people. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The writeup was difficult only because you dont have any clue what they are looking for. There is an obvious answer, but other reviews have said that most people get it wrong.   Answer Question

Web Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by three people at once. It was extremely informal and was largely an overview of the position. I was asked a few questions on how my background related to the position and how I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• I was outright told that my previous titles weren't anything like the type of work involved in the position, which I had to carefully defend.   Answer Question

Assistant Examiner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.

Interview

The recruiter found me on linked in. After reviewing my profile I had a 30 minute phone interview with her. She asked the basic where do you see yourself in 5 years questions and the what can I tell her about the FED.

Research Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in February 2010.

Interview

It's a one-day interview. Got talk to nine Economists who were seeking assistants throughout the day. Very interest chat with each one of them. Mostly talk about your own background and what they are looking for, though some may hit you with pure tech questions such as what is auto-correlation.

Interview Questions

• What's your career plan? How long u want to work as a research assistant and what you plan to do after that?   Answer Question