Federal Reserve Board Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Board.

I applied via the online career page. I was contacted shortly after and did a phone screen with the recruiter. I then had a 30min phone screen with some of the office managers. After a week or so, I was called back to do an in-person interview which took almost 2 hours. After that, I was asked to come back again to meet the Director. I had an offer a week or so later.

Interview Questions
    Yes; asked for 2,000 more (annually) and it was accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Federal Reserve Board in March 2014.

Applied in the January deadline, contacted in mid-March for an interview.

Full day of interviews with five different sections and meeting with HR to discuss benefits and salary. Be prepared to ask questions about their research and be questioned about your research experiences and how you came to apply to the Federal Reserve Board. The interview is less an "interview" and more a conversation.

Make sure to tell them if you have any offers outstanding, because in many cases, they can do a very quick turnaround.

Interview Questions
    • Some general questions on areas that I claimed expertise.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Board.

Very easy and friendly environment more like a conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Board in November 2013.

Applied online in late September during the fall RA hiring season. Heard back in late October about coming to D.C. to interview. In the fall hiring season, they don't hire for sections, so instead you have two interviews, each with two economists at the board. They asked simple questions about things on my resume and coursework. I also had lunch with current RAs. I heard back 2 days after interviewing about an offer.

No salary negotiation.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Board in April 2012.

I applied by email. I sent in my transcript, 2 letters of recommendation, resume, cover letter and the application. I was called by an HR representative and was given the description of the projects they wanted to interview me on after submitting my resume. A few days later I interviewed with two economists from different sections.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Federal Reserve Board in March 2012.

They have a new interview process now. You interview with a maximum of 6 sections, and each section's interview is 30 minutes total. You meet with an HR person who goes over the benefits and salary, then the interviews start back to back. I had 6 and you have a 1-hour lunch break in the middle with current RAs.

Each of the interviews were the same format - 30 minutes with 10 minutes the economists discussing their section's roles/duties, 10 minutes them asking about your research experience, and 10 minutes questions (usually with current RAs). I was not asked any overly technical nor behavioral, simply discussing my research projects and my experience with statistical software. I would brush up on current events though.

At the end, you rank the sections you liked, and wait for an offer. I received mine via phone a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What economic models have you learned throughout your courses?   View Answer
    • What statistical softwares are you familiar with? Give some examples of work you've done with those softwares.   View Answer
    Salary is non-negotiable and constant throughout sections.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Board in February 2011.

Round 1: 10min HR phone screen + writing sample submission
    Round 2: 40min phone interview with hiring manager
    Round 3: Four 30min in-person interviews with the higher-ups + lunch with the whole team (peers) + 30min interview with a peer

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a project which involved data analysis   View Answer
    I got a 10K raise and a 5K signing bonus.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Board in December 2010.

It was rather quick, considering the majority of the interview process occurred during December. Phone interview with recruiter, on-site interview during the start of "Snowmageddon," offer in hand first week of January.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral-based interview with a panel, followed by several one-on-one interviews with managers and officers. Didn't experience any "difficult" questions as it was closer to a discussion of what to expect once I started. I had an immediate feeling that the position was already mine and interview was to gauge how well I would fit with co-workers. A really good day and every part of the day went extremely well.   Answer Question
    Fairly straightforward; quick & painless

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federal Reserve Board in April 2010.

I was interviewed on the phone and offered a position in a few weeks time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Federal Reserve Board in March 2010.

I applied for the position online and recieved an email about a month later to come to DC for a day of interviewing with each section interested in me. The interviews were 30 minutes long and at least half of the time was the interviewer telling me about their section. A research assistant or two came to about half of the interviews, and typically at the end I was left with them to ask questions.