Federated Insurance

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Interview Details – These people reward their employees graciously. During the interview process, they are heavy on personality expectations and testing you to get a feel for what you represent or bring to the company. They love self-driven people.

Interview Question – What is your favorite food?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Federated Insurance in March 2014.

Interview Details – I only went through the very beginning of their hiring process. Their district manager found my resume online and contacted me about the position. After the initial phone call, which was really more of an information session than an interview, he had me take a very lengthy personality test. The results came back favorable and an interview was scheduled with the district and regional managers. Again, this was somewhat informational. We discussed my background and what I was looking for. I also found out that this was essentially the first of 9 interviews they do before hiring someone. The last 3 interviews they conduct with you and your spouse, something I found quite odd. The managers I had contact with were both very personable, professional, and I could tell they genuinely cared about their employees. However, I found their hiring process to be somewhat overbearing and intrusive which highlights that they are looking for an extremely specific kind of person to go to work for them.

Interview Question – Requiring three interviews with the candidate and their spouse and asking to check my credit before a job offer was made.   Answer Question

Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Interview Details – Very long hiring process to ensure the candidate can handle the pressures of the job. Significant others are brought to final interviews. Initial interview, ride along, dinner with immediate manager and your spouse, interview with regional manager and your spouse, interview with director and your spouse.

Interview Question – Reviewed college transcripts or resume and found most glaring weakness. Made individual sell manager on why they should ignore this weakness and still consider you as a candidate.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Federated Insurance in November 2011.

Interview Details – Long.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Better offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Federated Insurance

Worked for Federated Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Federated Insurance Marketing Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Federated Insurance employees and interview candidates.