Federated Insurance

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative
Knoxville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Federated Insurance in January 2011.

Interview Details – Had to take a compatibility test, then had a 1:1 interview where he described the company and then proceeded to ask all about my family and work experience. Did a credit and background and drivers background test. Will be doing second round interviews in a few weeks.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Federated Insurance in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was called into an interview with the regional manager. The interview was about 45 minutes long and I had to rate how important a list of attributes were on a scale of 1-10. In the end, I was told I did not have enough sales experience yet and I should apply later.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1-10, how important is discipline?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Federated Insurance in March 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with Federated through a campus recruitment event. I was selected as a candidate through a pre-screening process based on my resume. The interview itself lasted a full hour, at the end I was told I was a good candidate and the next step in the interview process was an online personality assessment that would take approximately 2.5 hours.

My initial interview was postponed after my interviewer had a family issue and had to leave. It was rescheduled for a week and a half later. I received a phone call from my recruiter verifying the new interview date/time because he "forgot." I also received mixed messages from the recruiter about the follow-up process: he verbally informed me that he would call me to follow up, but in an email from his assistant said that I should call him.
After trying to contact my recruiter several times over the course of a few weeks he called me back at 6am on a weekday to tell me that I had passed the online assessment and his assistant would email me with a date for a second interview.
I never received the email and my calls went unanswered and were not returned.

I was disappointed with the lack of professionalism of my recruiter, as I had been very impressed with the company.

Interview Question – Tell me about your activities in high school.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Federated Insurance

Worked for Federated Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Federated Insurance Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Federated Insurance employees and interview candidates.