Federated Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.5

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Federated Insurance in January 2013.

Extensive interview process. 3 scripted interviews with district manager, ride-alongs, 2 VP interviews. I met the DM at a coffee shop on my own time. He followed up with 3 scheduled interviews. I then met the VP of sales and scheduled an interview with him. I did not follow through with the 4th interview.

Interview Questions
  • If I walked into your home, what would be one object that describes you perfectly?   View Answer

Took other opportunity

Other Interview Reviews for Federated Insurance

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federated Insurance in January 2011.

Had to take a compatibility test, then had a 1:1 interview where he described the company and then proceeded to ask all about my family and work experience. Did a credit and background and drivers background test. Will be doing second round interviews in a few weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federated Insurance in February 2010.

I was called into an interview with the regional manager. The interview was about 45 minutes long and I had to rate how important a list of attributes were on a scale of 1-10. In the end, I was told I did not have enough sales experience yet and I should apply later.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Federated Insurance in March 2012.

I interviewed with Federated through a campus recruitment event. I was selected as a candidate through a pre-screening process based on my resume. The interview itself lasted a full hour, at the end I was told I was a good candidate and the next step in the interview process was an online personality assessment that would take approximately 2.5 hours.

My initial interview was postponed after my interviewer had a family issue and had to leave. It was rescheduled for a week and a half later. I received a phone call from my recruiter verifying the new interview date/time because he "forgot." I also received mixed messages from the recruiter about the follow-up process: he verbally informed me that he would call me to follow up, but in an email from his assistant said that I should call him.
    After trying to contact my recruiter several times over the course of a few weeks he called me back at 6am on a weekday to tell me that I had passed the online assessment and his assistant would email me with a date for a second interview.
    I never received the email and my calls went unanswered and were not returned.

I was disappointed with the lack of professionalism of my recruiter, as I had been very impressed with the company.