Federated Investors

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

2.4

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Federated Investors.

Received a phone call which ended up being a phone interview. Received another call back saying they wanted to interview in person. Met with HR first, then team leaders.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite/least favorite part of your old job?   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federated Investors.

Submitted application through university career center. Was contacted by an HR represented about one week later. The interview was scheduled as an on-site interview within the week. The interview consisted of three parts: HR interview with standard interview questions, interview with software manager in which we discussed my software background and an interview with a senior developer which consisted of three on the spot oral code questions (what is encapsulation, what is polymorphism and one other similar question)

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, they told me the rate and said do you accept or not.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Federated Investors.

Selected from pool of applicants, met with HR and Operations managers. No curveball questions, just want to get to know you and make sure you'd get along with the team and that your prior background could let you make the transition

Interview Questions
    Not much room for salary negotiation- only slightly above an entry level job, so plenty of applicants

Director Data Centers & Telecom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Federated Investors in November 2012.

This was the longest process I had ever been through. I had a phone screen with an HR rep. I had a second phone interview with the HR manager. I had in person interviews with 4 of my would be peers, then one with my manager. I was made a contingency offer while waiting on background checks. Because I had worked in another state, and one that had an antiquated background checking solution, the period from my offer until the day I was given my start date was four weeks. Then, because they only hire twice per month, I had another two weeks to wait. In total, it took 11 weeks from the first contact.

Interview Questions
    The only negotiation was with the HR Manager. Because they were able to meet my salary requirements, I had only to negotiate with vacation time. They were stingy towards me, a person with over 18 years of experience, but they did come up to my requested amount.

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federated Investors in June 2011.

I had a one hour interview with HR, who then scheduled me for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and a peer. The hiring manager was late for the interview with no apologies. She asked me the basics, nothing difficult at all. The peer interview lasted about 30 ninutes, and she was much more prepared with better interview questions. Before and after the 1:1 interviews, I spent about 30 minutes with the HR recruiter. The entire process took 3 hours. The interviewing process was very laid-back. Another candidate was chosen for the position. I think one of the reasons I wasn't chosen is because they were offering a low salary for this position, much lower than my current salary (and lower than other companies).

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federated Investors in September 2010.

Got referred to the position and was able to talk to teh hiring manager. Obviously he has had 40+ interviews before me. Seemed very friendly environment

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Federated Investors in January 2010.

Interview process was failry straight forward. There was an initial phone screen about my resume submission. That led to scheduling a face to face. The face to face interviews consisted of HR, team manager, and the director of the group. The brand name is definitely marketed and sold to the potential candidate.

Interview Questions
    • What sets you apart from everybody else?   View Answer
    Not willing to negotiate much on salary. Great 401k match, but only 2 weeks vacation

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federated Investors in February 2012.

I was referred by a professor who had a connection with Federated, who personally emailed my resume to HR. After a couple months I finally heard from HR and found out it wasn't a spring position, but a summer one. I had an initial 30 minute phone interview and was immediately offered the opportunity to come in for one on one interviews. The interview day started with another brief interview with the same person from HR, followed by three separate one on ones with managers that took interest in my resume, each lasting 30 minutes. I was given their final decision a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the software development life cycle?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Federated Investors in May 2009.

I participated in a telephone interview with an HR recruiter. She asked me all behavioral questions about different situations I have encountered. She did ask a couple questions about my proficiency using Microsoft Access. That followup interview came 3 weeks later, where I met with 2 different individuals for separate departments. Those interviews were short and personable, they actually spent more time talking about what they did for the company than asking me questions.

Interview Questions
    Be prepared with examples for behavioral settings.