Federated Investors Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federated Investors.

Interview

Phone interview followed up by a face to face interview with a department manager. Federated also does extensive background checks and verifies past jobs, contact, schooling/ past professors. Everythng was handled in a very professional way and I was always kept up to date. I applied for 5 different internships and Federated conducted themselves the most professionally by far.

Interview Questions

• Like most companies there were questions to assess your character. There were also questions related to my past work experience as well as my tehnical experience.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Federated Investors.

Interview

There were four steps involved in the interview process. Step 1: Phone interview by HR; Step 2: Two on one interview; Step 3: Background check; Step : 4 Offer received

Interview Questions

• Typical questions i.e., strengths/weaknesses, where do you see yourself in five years. There was another questions where four celebrities/icons were listed and I was asked which one I thought I was most similar to.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Federated Investors.

Interview

Received a phone call which ended up being a phone interview. Received another call back saying they wanted to interview in person. Met with HR first, then team leaders.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite/least favorite part of your old job?   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

Submitted application through university career center. Was contacted by an HR represented about one week later. The interview was scheduled as an on-site interview within the week. The interview consisted of three parts: HR interview with standard interview questions, interview with software manager in which we discussed my software background and an interview with a senior developer which consisted of three on the spot oral code questions (what is encapsulation, what is polymorphism and one other similar question)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they told me the rate and said do you accept or not.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Boston, MA).

Interview

Selected from pool of applicants, met with HR and Operations managers. No curveball questions, just want to get to know you and make sure you'd get along with the team and that your prior background could let you make the transition

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for salary negotiation- only slightly above an entry level job, so plenty of applicants

Director Data Centers & Telecom Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

This was the longest process I had ever been through. I had a phone screen with an HR rep. I had a second phone interview with the HR manager. I had in person interviews with 4 of my would be peers, then one with my manager. I was made a contingency offer while waiting on background checks. Because I had worked in another state, and one that had an antiquated background checking solution, the period from my offer until the day I was given my start date was four weeks. Then, because they only hire twice per month, I had another two weeks to wait. In total, it took 11 weeks from the first contact.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The only negotiation was with the HR Manager. Because they were able to meet my salary requirements, I had only to negotiate with vacation time. They were stingy towards me, a person with over 18 years of experience, but they did come up to my requested amount.

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

I had a one hour interview with HR, who then scheduled me for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and a peer. The hiring manager was late for the interview with no apologies. She asked me the basics, nothing difficult at all. The peer interview lasted about 30 ninutes, and she was much more prepared with better interview questions. Before and after the 1:1 interviews, I spent about 30 minutes with the HR recruiter. The entire process took 3 hours. The interviewing process was very laid-back. Another candidate was chosen for the position. I think one of the reasons I wasn't chosen is because they were offering a low salary for this position, much lower than my current salary (and lower than other companies).

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

Got referred to the position and was able to talk to teh hiring manager. Obviously he has had 40+ interviews before me. Seemed very friendly environment

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Federated Investors (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview process was failry straight forward. There was an initial phone screen about my resume submission. That led to scheduling a face to face. The face to face interviews consisted of HR, team manager, and the director of the group. The brand name is definitely marketed and sold to the potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from everybody else?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not willing to negotiate much on salary. Great 401k match, but only 2 weeks vacation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Federated Investors in February 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a professor who had a connection with Federated, who personally emailed my resume to HR. After a couple months I finally heard from HR and found out it wasn't a spring position, but a summer one. I had an initial 30 minute phone interview and was immediately offered the opportunity to come in for one on one interviews. The interview day started with another brief interview with the same person from HR, followed by three separate one on ones with managers that took interest in my resume, each lasting 30 minutes. I was given their final decision a week later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the software development life cycle?   Answer Question