Fedex Express

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbus, OH

I applied through other source and interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – It was a cattle call, I spent about 2 or 3 hours with another 12 to 15 people first taking a written test. From what I can recall the test was about at a high school senior level. The three (out of 4 or 5) sections of the test I can remember were:
- Categorizing 5-digit numbers (just like zip codes), numbers 10000 to 20000 are category A,
numbers 20001 to 20300 are category B, etc. you then turn to a page of about 300 numbers, and you have to fill in the bubble 'A', 'B', or 'C'
- A map reading test; on a simplified map with made up business and locations, you had to answer questions like, "if you are going from ABC Co. to XYZ Co., what streets would you cross?"
- A memory test; the proctor played an audio tape ONCE that would give you instructions: "take truck 123 and go to ABC Co. ask for john doe and pick up X boxes," and then you would answer the questions in the exam booklet. The questions would consist of, or "how many boxes were you required to pick up?" or, "what was the contact's name?"

After the tests are collected, you wait in the same room until you are called to have a one on one interview. Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions, "tell me about a time that..." and questions about your resume.

Interview Question – Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions, "tell me about a time that..." and questions about your resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiating is difficult for just a courier position.

Courier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – Phone interview wasnt really an interview but a summation of expectations which you said yes or no to the conditions. Ex: are you willing to work in all weather condition. Then I was set up with an in person interview of 2 managers. They asked the standard interview questions. Ex: give us an example of a goal you achieved, how you set it up, what you did to get there and the results.

Interview Question – I was surprised there were no questions about "why do you want to work here" or why should we hire you, or where do you see yourself in five years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All couriers start at the same rate. No salary negotiating.

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – Apply on-line and then a recruiter will call and set up an interview.

You will be asked 8 behavioral questions where they will be looking for strong answers from your past experience that relates to the courier job.

You will be given a conditional offer based upon passing drug and crim check.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to make a decision in the absence of your immediate supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Garden City, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – Primitive but that was in 1994.

Interview Question – They had a tape recorder that read off numbers (9 digits long) and you had to write them down. It got faster and faster until it was impossible to do.   Answer Question

Pacheco, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Fedex Express in May 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was not difficult or too long and involved.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Fed Ex?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotion phase.

Hollywood, FL

I applied through other source - interviewed at Fedex Express in May 2008.

Interview Details – Lots of interviews and tests and training. Expect at least a month before your actually on road

Interview Question – They ask you what was a difficult situation you were in in your last job and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in May 2008.

Interview Details – Driving record check, Two oral interviews, and a two week training program.

Interview Question – Situational questions such as: If you saw someone doing this, what would you do.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No noegotiations.

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in April 2010.

Interview Details – They take you in to fill out an application on the first interview then if you make it past that you will go for a one on one questionaire to figure out your basic job experience.

Such as has there ever been a time in which you was stressed at work how did you feel, how did you handle it, and what was the out come.

If they think you will be a good canidate you will hear back within 2 weeks, or earlier if they need more paper work. Once that is completed you will recieve a offer of employment only if you pass the physical(Blood presure must be 140/90 or less, drug test and vision, and hearing test.

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Waukegan, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fedex Express in April 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, didn't hear from anyone right away, then received email saying there was an application session being conducted. Went into the application session with about 60 people, treated like cattle, completed a personality profile. I received a call back a couple of weeks later by a very unprofessional sounding employee who I later learned was 20+ year ee just tired of her job, interviewed and asked some questions regarding how I am with time management, working under stress, what I didn't like about former management, what things I didn't like about my previous job. Was very impressed with the station management honestly. My perception was just if you do your job and what was expected of you, then your job is secure. Office staff a little unprofessional looking and acting, surprised FedEx makes them first point of contact for customers. My advice if you really want to work for the company is conduct yourself professionally, don't act like it's just a driving job, it isn't, take the training seriously. Negative attitude by employees because they feel they've gotten the shaft, and they have, because time off and vacation rules and other lazy employees who know how to work the system make it difficult to be happy in the job.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where there was an obstacle you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't a negotiation for courier pay, take it or leave it. You can negotiate work schedule a bit, but not much wiggle room there.

Savannah, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fedex Express in December 2009.

Interview Details – Initially I visited the local County employment department & qualified for the referral, prescreened via computerized quiz, was notified that I qualified to apply, attended application session. Got called for interview.

Interview Question – Please tell us about a time when you performed well in a job function under a very stressful event. Tell how you handled the stress, how you resolved the issue and how you felt after the even was resolved.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fedex Express

Worked for Fedex Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fedex Express Courier interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fedex Express employees and interview candidates.