Fedex Express Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview and then if that goes well you will be called for a panel interview. You are asked to allocate half a day to the entire process. Consisted of lunch, 1 on 1s with other employees and other managers. This part was great because you get to learn about the company and the work environment from a different perspective.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to use NPV/IRR.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Fedex Express

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Memphis, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted on a couple one on ones and a group panel question and answering. The one on one with different team managers was in place to see if they wanted you on their team of analyst. The conversation in this process was nothing to be worried about, just make sure you know the basics about ground, freight, and express (air). Also try to say something that would set you apart and possibly diversify their analyst team. The panel interview is something you need to ace if you want a shot at the job. They don't really focus on basic interview questions, more situational questions that they deal with on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Plans flying from the China to the United States are full capacity but on the return trip demand it low therefore the plans capacity is low. How would you resolve this inefficiency?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Memphis, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

This was an on campus recruiting event. The initial interview process took place on campus then after a few weeks I was invited to the corporate office for a full day of interviews and an inside look at the company's culture.

Interview Questions

• Is it possible to have an a project with a negative NPV but a positive IRR and MIRR? And if so what does this mean?   2 Answers
    • What is your method for solving a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Miami, FL) in February 2009.

Interview

Answered a job posting from FedEx website. Was called by hiring manager. Phone interview lasted about one hour. Had to complete and Excel exercise. Then was called in for a 3-person panel interview and 1:1 interview with Director and peers-to-be. Finally received an offer letter. Tried negotiating salary, but hiring manager was not open to negotiations

Interview Questions

• Excel exercise was detailed and did not provide a whole lot of context   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not open to negotiations

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got the call for the only round of the process. Was going to be an interview panel with an MD and one Manager, but the MD could not come. They told me it would have behavioral, situational and technical questions and last 40 minutes but it ended up lasting an hour and being made up of only 1 behavioral question. Perhaps the MD had the other questions ready. It was very casual in nature and we spent a lot of time talking about non-business topics.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your idea got rejected by your superiors, how did you manage to convince them that it was worth implementing?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview lasted one hour and was conducted by a panel of 3 : an HR manager, the hiring manager and another member of the finance team, all polite and professional. The first part of the interview was behavioural, the second part was technical. All questions required to give an example from my experience on a certain issue.

Interview Questions

• One question: what was the most difficult analysis that you've done?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fedex Express in January 2012.

Interview

I had the interview for financial planning and budgeting position. The interview got through about 30 mins, and most questions are case study.

Interview Questions

• When the company decide to cut 20% of the 10 million budget, and the inflation rise up 3%, how do you handle this budget so that the company can be in right track?   2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fedex Express in September 2011.

Interview

The interviewer didn't ask any preliminary questions. He stuck to a predetermined set of questions. These questions ranged from situations where you acted as a leader & how you tell others what to do when you have no direct authority over them. Also asked questions such as "How would you compensate for a 5% increase in volume that was not originally budgeted for?" and "Once a report is submitted to the CFO and you find an error what do you do? Even if it is 'only $1 million' on a $7 billion project/budget" as well as some basic financial questions pertaining to NPV, IRR, and MIRR.

Interview Questions

• You have a negative NPV and a positive IRR and MIRR. Is this situation possible? If so, how?   Answer Question