Fedex Express

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.6

Non Dot Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Just apply online at fedex then they will call you if they are interesting. Phone interview then tour on the area that where you apply for. Managers would asking you about benefit, hours, schedule and handle with varies weather. Take a background check, fingers print for government If you work at nearby airports, and also drug test.

Interview Questions
    • online application, there have some weird questions that you never thought it could able answer this question.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. More likely "Just take or leave."

Material Handler Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Took over a month to get in after waiting outside just to apply. After app session, heard back after about a month for an interview then a call back with an offer and start date that was dated a month later.

Interview Questions
    None, offered a starting hourly salary.

Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Emailed for an interview. I went in got an offer letter that I signed and then was told when to give fingerprints then take a drug test then I was called back a week later to fill out more papers two weeks later I was called and given the dates for my paid training. After the training I started work that Saturday.

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fedex Express in November 2014.

Hiring takes only 2 weeks. I applied and waited for 2 days got a phone call interview, then waited for a week to be facility tour, which mean they pretty much hire you if you went to the tour. After the tour, did some paper work, then do drug test and background check, waited for couple days. DONE. start train and working after drug test.

FT Courier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Called me for interview went smoothly got a call back the next day and was hired after background check and drug test. Was sent to san diego for training for a week

No negotiations

Customer Service Agent Interview

It was just a simple and basic interview process really. I applied in person, but apparently you can do so online as well I simply happened to be in the area and needed use of the facility so I talked to the man working up front one day. After passing on my info he told me he would call me back for an interview. A couple of days later I received the call and went back for an interview back in his office. Nothing extraordinary or unexpected to report on this one.

FT Courier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Few. If they call you, its mostly a done deal. Jobs are offered on a first come first served. They hired people who had no business working in this physically demanding job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? Will you call in if you are sick or can't make it?   Answer Question
    You get what they offer you. No negot

Courrier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express.

The interview that I had was a two part interview. The first interview was a standard type of interview, while the 2nd, a month or so later was with three managers from the station at which I would be working. At the second interview I was asked 10 scenario questions regarding working for FedEx. Ie: "Working for FedEx means working outside. Do you have any problem with working in the heat, cold, snow, rain etc?"

Interview Questions
    • Although I didn't know what to expect, I didn't find any question to be unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Part Time Courier (DOT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express in September 2014.

Filled out application online. About a week or two later, a recruiter from Fedex HQ called me and asked me a series of yes/no questions. A week later, the local manager called me and scheduled me to come in a few days later to interview. Went to the interview, there was 2 manager's who took turns asking detailed questions in which you give very specific past experiences that relate to the questions (which in turn are required for the job of Courier). These questions included: One of your duties at Fedex is to pay close attention to detail. Name a time in which you had to pay close attention to detail, and what we're the results from that experience. After you explain IN DETAIL regarding the question to the manager, he will go over what you said to make sure everything makes sense. He will then ask "On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your ability to pay close attention to detail". There was a good 10-11 questions that required you to be detailed in your experience. BE SURE TO FULLY UNDERSTAND THE POSITION/COMPANY AND BE EXPLAINED TO ANSWER "Why do you think you are the best candidate to work at Fedex?" This is probably the most important question you can answer. About a week after this interview, I got a call from the manager saying that they would like to give me an offer, and scheduled me a few days later to come in to sign the offer letter. He then gave me a packet of stuff to bring to their clinic to do a Physical/Drug Test. I went the same day to hurry the process. During this time, they did a background check and reference check. About a week later after this, he got the OK TO HIRE, and called me and scheduled me to the start the next day/fill out paperwork. Entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • "What do you know about the job you applied for?"   View Answer
    No negotiating. They ask you several times throughout the process if you can work the required hours at the pay. If you say no, they will say thank you for your time and you will not get the job.

Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Long wait time between initial application and first "group" interview, which was full of lies. Jump seating was discontinued after 9/11 but they still told us we could do that (2010). Second interview wasn't too bad. Had two managers interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • They just ask about previous experiences. Nothing too hard.   Answer Question
    No negotiation