Fedex Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler
South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fedex Express in October 2010.

Interview Details – FedEx took about three months to contact me after applying for the job. This was back in 2003. I came into the interview and all the questions asked were normal - nothing unusual. Mostly questions regarding experience working within a team, how I'd react to stressful situations, etc. Altogether it was a quick, easy interview followed by a drug test. In 2014, I hear that the hiring process is now just a simple drug test, a tour of the station to see if you'd like to work there, and if you do, then you're hired.

Interview Question – Please describe what you would do if you and your boss disagreed about something.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation over compensation. Everyone starts at the same rate depending on the type of position.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

Interviewed at Fedex Express

Interview Details – Submit a packet and hope you get an interview. Once you finally land an interview all you have to do is follow the STAR method when answering the questions and you are golden. Be specific in your answers and make sure you choose an experience that best answers the question.

Interview Question – Panel style interview can be intimidating. Make sure you practice giving a 5 minute presentation as you will have to do this before they get into the questions.   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler
Honolulu, HI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fedex Express in April 2014.

Interview Details – Answered five questions and said yes to all the questions and simply got the job. Easiest interview I ever had. If you fail the interview process then there is something wrong with you.

Ramp Agent Interview

Ramp Agent
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – Getting hired on with FedEx Express is very simple. As long as you have a clean criminal record and MVR you are OK. Once on board you have to wait at least 90 days before you can move into the Ramp Agent or Team Leader position. Interview questions are behavior based, (i.e. Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult decision, and what you did to deal with that?) Process is very quick, usually within a couple of weeks.

Interview Question – The most difficult aspect to behavior based questions, is that many of them seem to sound the same and it can be difficult to think of different situations in which to answer the questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

PM Courier Interview

PM Courier
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Fedex Express in February 2010.

Interview Details – Must fill out application online. Waited close to a year before being emailed for interview. Not much of an interview, as long as you have the qualifications and pass the background check.

Interview Question – No real questions, other than a questionnaire asking how many sick days, late days, etc. you feel acceptable. The interview was 4 years ago, and I don't recall much of an interview, other than a questionnaire. They called about 25 people to come in and fill out paperwork, drug test, etc. As long as it was completed and the drug and background check cleared, you were hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Intern
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process consisted of one phone interview followed one one face-to-face interview with the team manager. The questions raised at the face-to-face were evenly split between technical problems and behavioral questions. I was hired shortly after and required to fill out standard new hire documentation before beginning my training.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was the "name your greatest failure" question. Other than that, there was a notable logic question involvingpicking out a ball bearing from several.   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – I applied online and within 3 hours a recruiter called me and asked questions pertaining to the job. They were yes or no questions. I was then asked if I could attend a tour the next day. That day I was pretty much offered the job and signing papers.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Ramp Agent

Interview Details – I posted internally for the highly competitive Ramp Agent vacancy. Applicants were given a supplemental packet to complete, asking questions about personal experience in leadership roles. Based on the results, interviews were given in front of 3 managers. Most of the questions were situational with a few company specific questions. The panel wanted to know about leadership skills, how you deal with people and stressors as well as your potential for management and longevity.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult employee who would not comply with instruction.   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Part Time Package Handler

Interviewed at Fedex Express

Interview Details – You apply on-line; HR will call from Memphis or Atlanta to see if you are interested in part-time work at such and such an hour, can you lift 75 pounds, etc. Once you answer yes to all of their questions, they will tell you when and what time to show up for a tour of the facility. You are taken on a tour of the facility; you are then asked three to five simple questions. If you answer yes to these questions, a manager will ask if you can go the next day for a drug screen. If you pass the drug screen and background check, you are basically hired.

Interview Question – I did not find any difficult or unexpected questions at my interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a set hourly rate.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Revenue Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – Technical interview with detailed case based questions. But then when it came to organization, the interviewer reviled how rigid and structured it is where positions and levels are determined by age and experience years.

Interview Question – Specific demand for examples in my previous work that matched exactly to what they need.   Answer Question

Worked for Fedex Express? Contribute to the Community!