Fedex Express

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fedex Express.

The hiring and interview process consisted of one phone interview followed one one face-to-face interview with the team manager. The questions raised at the face-to-face were evenly split between technical problems and behavioral questions. I was hired shortly after and required to fill out standard new hire documentation before beginning my training.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was the "name your greatest failure" question. Other than that, there was a notable logic question involvingpicking out a ball bearing from several.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express.

I posted internally for the highly competitive Ramp Agent vacancy. Applicants were given a supplemental packet to complete, asking questions about personal experience in leadership roles. Based on the results, interviews were given in front of 3 managers. Most of the questions were situational with a few company specific questions. The panel wanted to know about leadership skills, how you deal with people and stressors as well as your potential for management and longevity.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult employee who would not comply with instruction.   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fedex Express.

I applied online and within 3 hours a recruiter called me and asked questions pertaining to the job. They were yes or no questions. I was then asked if I could attend a tour the next day. That day I was pretty much offered the job and signing papers.

Non Dot Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express.

applied online got got call the next day to set up a phone interview ask few simple questions ( ex do you have reliable transportation, can you left package over 50 pounds ect

no negotiation 13.27 starting pay

Part Time Package Handler Interview

You apply on-line; HR will call from Memphis or Atlanta to see if you are interested in part-time work at such and such an hour, can you lift 75 pounds, etc. Once you answer yes to all of their questions, they will tell you when and what time to show up for a tour of the facility. You are taken on a tour of the facility; you are then asked three to five simple questions. If you answer yes to these questions, a manager will ask if you can go the next day for a drug screen. If you pass the drug screen and background check, you are basically hired.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any difficult or unexpected questions at my interview.   Answer Question
    They have a set hourly rate.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Technical interview with detailed case based questions. But then when it came to organization, the interviewer reviled how rigid and structured it is where positions and levels are determined by age and experience years.

Interview Questions
    • Specific demand for examples in my previous work that matched exactly to what they need.   Answer Question

Middle Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express.

The interview and hiring process is pretty straightforward. Resumes and applications are submitted online; if you are contacted for an interview, depending on the job level, your first step is a phone interview with the hiring manager. An in-person interview follows (some interviewers may participate by phone, depending on location), with a combination of management and people in peer positions to your own.

Interview Questions
    • There were no trick or out-of-left-field questions, such as the ones you hear about from Google and Apple. Perhaps because of HR restrictions, the interviewers split questions from a pre-published list.   Answer Question
    There was minimal negotiation. I got the idea that any wiggle room probably involved benefits and start date. As with any new job, please make sure that any concessions you win are provided to you in writing, and get everything agreed to before you actually accept the offer.

Part Time Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Fedex Express.

One interview, I know someone really hi up in corporate. I feel in love with their dream, when the company was a great place to work. Not so much any more.

No negotiating

Checker Sorter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express.

easy computer interview, and drug test

Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fedex Express.

It was a cattle call, I spent about 2 or 3 hours with another 12 to 15 people first taking a written test. From what I can recall the test was about at a high school senior level. The three (out of 4 or 5) sections of the test I can remember were:
    - Categorizing 5-digit numbers (just like zip codes), numbers 10000 to 20000 are category A,
    numbers 20001 to 20300 are category B, etc. you then turn to a page of about 300 numbers, and you have to fill in the bubble 'A', 'B', or 'C'
    - A map reading test; on a simplified map with made up business and locations, you had to answer questions like, "if you are going from ABC Co. to XYZ Co., what streets would you cross?"
    - A memory test; the proctor played an audio tape ONCE that would give you instructions: "take truck 123 and go to ABC Co. ask for john doe and pick up X boxes," and then you would answer the questions in the exam booklet. The questions would consist of, or "how many boxes were you required to pick up?" or, "what was the contact's name?"

After the tests are collected, you wait in the same room until you are called to have a one on one interview. Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions, "tell me about a time that..." and questions about your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions, "tell me about a time that..." and questions about your resume.   View Answer
    Negotiating is difficult for just a courier position.