Fedex Express Interview Questions

2.7

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Getting hired on with FedEx Express is very simple. As long as you have a clean criminal record and MVR you are OK. Once on board you have to wait at least 90 days before you can move into the Ramp Agent or Team Leader position. Interview questions are behavior based, (i.e. Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult decision, and what you did to deal with that?) Process is very quick, usually within a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult aspect to behavior based questions, is that many of them seem to sound the same and it can be difficult to think of different situations in which to answer the questions.   View Answer
    none

PM Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Fedex Express in February 2010.

Must fill out application online. Waited close to a year before being emailed for interview. Not much of an interview, as long as you have the qualifications and pass the background check.

Interview Questions
    • No real questions, other than a questionnaire asking how many sick days, late days, etc. you feel acceptable. The interview was 4 years ago, and I don't recall much of an interview, other than a questionnaire. They called about 25 people to come in and fill out paperwork, drug test, etc. As long as it was completed and the drug and background check cleared, you were hired.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fedex Express.

The hiring and interview process consisted of one phone interview followed one one face-to-face interview with the team manager. The questions raised at the face-to-face were evenly split between technical problems and behavioral questions. I was hired shortly after and required to fill out standard new hire documentation before beginning my training.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was the "name your greatest failure" question. Other than that, there was a notable logic question involvingpicking out a ball bearing from several.   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Fedex Express.

I applied online and within 3 hours a recruiter called me and asked questions pertaining to the job. They were yes or no questions. I was then asked if I could attend a tour the next day. That day I was pretty much offered the job and signing papers.

Ramp Agent Interview

I posted internally for the highly competitive Ramp Agent vacancy. Applicants were given a supplemental packet to complete, asking questions about personal experience in leadership roles. Based on the results, interviews were given in front of 3 managers. Most of the questions were situational with a few company specific questions. The panel wanted to know about leadership skills, how you deal with people and stressors as well as your potential for management and longevity.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult employee who would not comply with instruction.   Answer Question

Non Dot Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

applied online got got call the next day to set up a phone interview ask few simple questions ( ex do you have reliable transportation, can you left package over 50 pounds ect

no negotiation 13.27 starting pay

Part Time Package Handler Interview

You apply on-line; HR will call from Memphis or Atlanta to see if you are interested in part-time work at such and such an hour, can you lift 75 pounds, etc. Once you answer yes to all of their questions, they will tell you when and what time to show up for a tour of the facility. You are taken on a tour of the facility; you are then asked three to five simple questions. If you answer yes to these questions, a manager will ask if you can go the next day for a drug screen. If you pass the drug screen and background check, you are basically hired.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any difficult or unexpected questions at my interview.   Answer Question
    They have a set hourly rate.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Technical interview with detailed case based questions. But then when it came to organization, the interviewer reviled how rigid and structured it is where positions and levels are determined by age and experience years.

Interview Questions
    • Specific demand for examples in my previous work that matched exactly to what they need.   Answer Question

Middle Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

The interview and hiring process is pretty straightforward. Resumes and applications are submitted online; if you are contacted for an interview, depending on the job level, your first step is a phone interview with the hiring manager. An in-person interview follows (some interviewers may participate by phone, depending on location), with a combination of management and people in peer positions to your own.

Interview Questions
    • There were no trick or out-of-left-field questions, such as the ones you hear about from Google and Apple. Perhaps because of HR restrictions, the interviewers split questions from a pre-published list.   Answer Question
    There was minimal negotiation. I got the idea that any wiggle room probably involved benefits and start date. As with any new job, please make sure that any concessions you win are provided to you in writing, and get everything agreed to before you actually accept the offer.

Part Time Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Fedex Express.

One interview, I know someone really hi up in corporate. I feel in love with their dream, when the company was a great place to work. Not so much any more.

No negotiating