Fedex Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Checker Sorter Interview

Checker Sorter

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – easy computer interview, and drug test

Interview Question – none. very easy.   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied through other source and interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – It was a cattle call, I spent about 2 or 3 hours with another 12 to 15 people first taking a written test. From what I can recall the test was about at a high school senior level. The three (out of 4 or 5) sections of the test I can remember were:
- Categorizing 5-digit numbers (just like zip codes), numbers 10000 to 20000 are category A,
numbers 20001 to 20300 are category B, etc. you then turn to a page of about 300 numbers, and you have to fill in the bubble 'A', 'B', or 'C'
- A map reading test; on a simplified map with made up business and locations, you had to answer questions like, "if you are going from ABC Co. to XYZ Co., what streets would you cross?"
- A memory test; the proctor played an audio tape ONCE that would give you instructions: "take truck 123 and go to ABC Co. ask for john doe and pick up X boxes," and then you would answer the questions in the exam booklet. The questions would consist of, or "how many boxes were you required to pick up?" or, "what was the contact's name?"

After the tests are collected, you wait in the same room until you are called to have a one on one interview. Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions, "tell me about a time that..." and questions about your resume.

Interview Question – Most of the interview questions were behavioral questions, "tell me about a time that..." and questions about your resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiating is difficult for just a courier position.

Courier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – Phone interview wasnt really an interview but a summation of expectations which you said yes or no to the conditions. Ex: are you willing to work in all weather condition. Then I was set up with an in person interview of 2 managers. They asked the standard interview questions. Ex: give us an example of a goal you achieved, how you set it up, what you did to get there and the results.

Interview Question – I was surprised there were no questions about "why do you want to work here" or why should we hire you, or where do you see yourself in five years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All couriers start at the same rate. No salary negotiating.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Sarasota, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fedex Express in March 2014.

Interview Details – I do not believe this is a part that I can be candidte with you about. This process has also changed dramatically over the years. I may not be able to give you an accurate depection on what the process is for it has changed and continues to change.

Interview Question – I do not believe this is a part that I can be candidte with you about. This process has also changed dramatically over the years. I may not be able to give you an accurate depection on what the process is for it has changed and continues to change.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – typical

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – Apply on-line and then a recruiter will call and set up an interview.

You will be asked 8 behavioral questions where they will be looking for strong answers from your past experience that relates to the courier job.

You will be given a conditional offer based upon passing drug and crim check.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to make a decision in the absence of your immediate supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – internal interviews are all I have experienced. most are based on behavioral questions. once you are inside of FedEx, moving around internally is much easier than what I have understood from other companies.

Ops Manager Interview

Ops Manager

Interviewed at Fedex Express

Interview Details – Be prepared for a situational management interview. You will be required to present previousl examples of where you had to act, what were the circumstances, what did you do, what were the results and what did you learn. The interviewer will also inquire to your leadership style, experiences as an informal leader and why you are the right choice.

Negotiation Details – Was not in a position to negotiate.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fedex Express in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview involves a panel setting. An assessment test, written, reading. and memory retention test, A second interview for further assessment, i.e. role play. All you have to do is be honest

Interview Question – In an effort to test your basic knowledge of business acumen, how can Fedex improve public perception in regards to other competition, e.g. UPS. In order to give the company a leading edge in an industry where the customer has choices in shipping, Fedex strides to separate themselves by providing excellent customer service and community awareness and visabiity.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated availability. Work towards an agreement that will benefit both employee and employer. Be professional and commit to do your best.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in January 2011.

Interview Details – Behavioral Interview panel questions. Had to prepare a PowerPoint Presentation in 15 minutes after getting a selling problem

Interview Question – Creating a PowerPoint when you did not know the FedEx business yet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A letter was emailed with the pay rate and you accept or decline.

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Courier Interview

Part Time Courier
Grand Forks, ND

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruitment specialist about a month after submitting an online application. She went through about 5 minutes worth of easy screening questions (can you lift up to 75 pounds with little or no assistance, can you work the hours specified, etc.) She then said a local manager would contact me within a week to ten days. I was contacted by a local manager within 48 hours to set up an interview. We agreed on an interview the day he called, as I was off work from my then current job that day.

I arrived at the interview about 10 minutes early. The interview was very standard with 10 easy questions, which the interviewer read off a packet of papers he had printed out. He wrote down responses and again asked if I could lift 75 pounds and outdoors in all conditions, etc. I asked a few questions about advancement, etc. and then he offered me a job.

I took my drug test and physical two days later. My start date was set two weeks after the interview to give me time to put in my two weeks at the job I had at the time.

Interview Question – All questions were very standard. For example, describe a time in which you had to work under pressure or in a stressful situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Hours and hourly pay set. Part time employees guaranteed at least 17.5 hours of pay per week.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fedex Express