Fedex Express Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.6

Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

internal interviews are all I have experienced. most are based on behavioral questions. once you are inside of FedEx, moving around internally is much easier than what I have understood from other companies.

Ops Manager Interview

Be prepared for a situational management interview. You will be required to present previousl examples of where you had to act, what were the circumstances, what did you do, what were the results and what did you learn. The interviewer will also inquire to your leadership style, experiences as an informal leader and why you are the right choice.

Was not in a position to negotiate.

Part Time Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Forks, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in March 2014.

I was contacted by a recruitment specialist about a month after submitting an online application. She went through about 5 minutes worth of easy screening questions (can you lift up to 75 pounds with little or no assistance, can you work the hours specified, etc.) She then said a local manager would contact me within a week to ten days. I was contacted by a local manager within 48 hours to set up an interview. We agreed on an interview the day he called, as I was off work from my then current job that day.

I arrived at the interview about 10 minutes early. The interview was very standard with 10 easy questions, which the interviewer read off a packet of papers he had printed out. He wrote down responses and again asked if I could lift 75 pounds and outdoors in all conditions, etc. I asked a few questions about advancement, etc. and then he offered me a job.

I took my drug test and physical two days later. My start date was set two weeks after the interview to give me time to put in my two weeks at the job I had at the time.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very standard. For example, describe a time in which you had to work under pressure or in a stressful situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Hours and hourly pay set. Part time employees guaranteed at least 17.5 hours of pay per week.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fedex Express in March 2014.

Interview Questions
    • I do not believe this is a part that I can be candidte with you about. This process has also changed dramatically over the years. I may not be able to give you an accurate depection on what the process is for it has changed and continues to change.   Answer Question
    typical

Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Email inviting you for the interview. In person then dug screen

Interview Questions
    Up front take it or leave it

Operations Manager Interview

FedEx Express does not hire externally for Operations Manager positions unless they have exhausted internal postings over a long period of time. However if you are an internal candidate you go through a management mentorship and then you can bid on Manager positions.

Interview Questions
    • I did not think the questions were very difficult. Interviews are panel interviews with behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    There is NO negotiation other than relocation. Its a straight forward salary range.

Package Handler Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Fedex Express.

The easiest interview I've ever been through

Interview Questions
    • No questions difficult. For the entry level positions it's basically about if you can handle the physical work.   Answer Question
    Set hourly wage

Swing Courier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in December 2013.

A few days after applying on glass door a recruiter located in Atlanta, GA called me to discuss the position with me. She setup a secondary phone interview with an HR recruiter located in Memphis, TN who called me in the next couple of days. They then sent me to a local clinic to take a drug test and have a DOT health screening. And finally I had an in person interview with both the office and district managers who hired me right there. The following weekend I did a few simple multiple question tests on a computer and took a short safety driving course in one of the FedEx delivery trucks. I then started my first day of work on the following weekday.

Interview Questions
    • Tel us about a time when you had to be assertive and make a difficult decision on a previous job.   Answer Question

Non Dot Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Went online and filled out a basic questionnaire which led to an email telling you a timeframe when to call. Had to call over 50 times to get through to get a date to come in. Went in, filled out paperwork and performed drug test. Came in a week later for fingerprints and started a couple days later. If they answered the phone, you pretty much got the job pending drug test and fingerprints. Lots of paperwork due to being in the airport.

Interview Questions
    • None, managers did not interview. Mass hire. Will take anyone with a pulse.   Answer Question
    None, set price you must sign off on.

FT Courier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Fedex Express.

The hiring process has changed. It is done totally by internet application which help eliminate bias emotions.

Interview Questions
    • 5 year career goals. I was not expecting that. I only wanted to work for about 6 months.   Answer Question
    No negotiating it was what it was. Take it or leave it