Fedex Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in January 2011.

Interview Details – Behavioral Interview panel questions. Had to prepare a PowerPoint Presentation in 15 minutes after getting a selling problem

Interview Question – Creating a PowerPoint when you did not know the FedEx business yet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A letter was emailed with the pay rate and you accept or decline.

Grand Forks, ND

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruitment specialist about a month after submitting an online application. She went through about 5 minutes worth of easy screening questions (can you lift up to 75 pounds with little or no assistance, can you work the hours specified, etc.) She then said a local manager would contact me within a week to ten days. I was contacted by a local manager within 48 hours to set up an interview. We agreed on an interview the day he called, as I was off work from my then current job that day.

I arrived at the interview about 10 minutes early. The interview was very standard with 10 easy questions, which the interviewer read off a packet of papers he had printed out. He wrote down responses and again asked if I could lift 75 pounds and outdoors in all conditions, etc. I asked a few questions about advancement, etc. and then he offered me a job.

I took my drug test and physical two days later. My start date was set two weeks after the interview to give me time to put in my two weeks at the job I had at the time.

Interview Question – All questions were very standard. For example, describe a time in which you had to work under pressure or in a stressful situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Hours and hourly pay set. Part time employees guaranteed at least 17.5 hours of pay per week.

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fedex Express in August 2013.

Interview Details – The process was long and slow, took about two months from first interview until employment. Background checks, physicals, secondary interviews. The process seemed to be a little chaotic and not structured very well. Could have been a local management issue instead of company policy though. Interviews were first a phone interview, then a face to face interview then employment.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty straight forward, driving record, work record, etc. No real technical questions involved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, was told starting salary, accept or decline.

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler
Nashville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – Email inviting you for the interview. In person then dug screen

Interview Question – Why Fedex   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Up front take it or leave it

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

Interviewed at Fedex Express

Interview Details – FedEx Express does not hire externally for Operations Manager positions unless they have exhausted internal postings over a long period of time. However if you are an internal candidate you go through a management mentorship and then you can bid on Manager positions.

Interview Question – I did not think the questions were very difficult. Interviews are panel interviews with behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is NO negotiation other than relocation. Its a straight forward salary range.

Handler Interview

Handler
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Fedex Express in December 2012.

Interview Details – No interview needed,
but tons of background check.

Interview Question – Your schedule   View Answer

Negotiation Details – work to deliver

FT Courier Interview

FT Courier
Bakersfield, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fedex Express in June 2013.

Interview Details – No process really which is a joke

Interview Question – Can you read a map   View Answer

Reason for Declining – No real clear leader at location interview was a joke

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – The easiest interview I've ever been through

Interview Question – No questions difficult. For the entry level positions it's basically about if you can handle the physical work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set hourly wage

Springdale, AR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fedex Express in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is awesome. They are looking for hard working individuals who want to grow with the company. They are looking for open minded individuals. Culture in the work place is outstanding. Very diverse company.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Non Dot Package Handler Interview

Non Dot Package Handler
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – Went online and filled out a basic questionnaire which led to an email telling you a timeframe when to call. Had to call over 50 times to get through to get a date to come in. Went in, filled out paperwork and performed drug test. Came in a week later for fingerprints and started a couple days later. If they answered the phone, you pretty much got the job pending drug test and fingerprints. Lots of paperwork due to being in the airport.

Interview Question – None, managers did not interview. Mass hire. Will take anyone with a pulse.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, set price you must sign off on.