Fedex Express Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.5

Part Time Courier (DOT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Greensboro, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out application online. About a week or two later, a recruiter from Fedex HQ called me and asked me a series of yes/no questions. A week later, the local manager called me and scheduled me to come in a few days later to interview. Went to the interview, there was 2 manager's who took turns asking detailed questions in which you give very specific past experiences that relate to the questions (which in turn are required for the job of Courier). These questions included: One of your duties at Fedex is to pay close attention to detail. Name a time in which you had to pay close attention to detail, and what we're the results from that experience. After you explain IN DETAIL regarding the question to the manager, he will go over what you said to make sure everything makes sense. He will then ask "On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your ability to pay close attention to detail". There was a good 10-11 questions that required you to be detailed in your experience. BE SURE TO FULLY UNDERSTAND THE POSITION/COMPANY AND BE EXPLAINED TO ANSWER "Why do you think you are the best candidate to work at Fedex?" This is probably the most important question you can answer. About a week after this interview, I got a call from the manager saying that they would like to give me an offer, and scheduled me a few days later to come in to sign the offer letter. He then gave me a packet of stuff to bring to their clinic to do a Physical/Drug Test. I went the same day to hurry the process. During this time, they did a background check and reference check. About a week later after this, he got the OK TO HIRE, and called me and scheduled me to the start the next day/fill out paperwork. Entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• "What do you know about the job you applied for?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. They ask you several times throughout the process if you can work the required hours at the pay. If you say no, they will say thank you for your time and you will not get the job.

Courrier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview

The interview that I had was a two part interview. The first interview was a standard type of interview, while the 2nd, a month or so later was with three managers from the station at which I would be working. At the second interview I was asked 10 scenario questions regarding working for FedEx. Ie: "Working for FedEx means working outside. Do you have any problem with working in the heat, cold, snow, rain etc?"

Interview Questions

• Although I didn't know what to expect, I didn't find any question to be unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview

Long wait time between initial application and first "group" interview, which was full of lies. Jump seating was discontinued after 9/11 but they still told us we could do that (2010). Second interview wasn't too bad. Had two managers interviewing.

Interview Questions

• They just ask about previous experiences. Nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Non Dot Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

Its lengthy and mostly consists of filling out the application. It was split into two days and involved filling out w2 info and a drug screen. Your job is picked at random after the four days of do and dont class and then you can bid out after six months

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (San Antonio, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Apply online. A few weeks later, I was called for a interview face to face. The interview consisted of a panel with two management and 1 Human Resource. Safety is key in looking for responses to some of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Very thorough and professional, best I have had to date. Upfront about expectations and whether process will move forward. I would interview with them again. The Interviewer actually answered many of the questions on my question list and made it easy for the first interview.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Submit a packet and hope you get an interview. Once you finally land an interview all you have to do is follow the STAR method when answering the questions and you are golden. Be specific in your answers and make sure you choose an experience that best answers the question.

Interview Questions

• Panel style interview can be intimidating. Make sure you practice giving a 5 minute presentation as you will have to do this before they get into the questions.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Getting hired on with FedEx Express is very simple. As long as you have a clean criminal record and MVR you are OK. Once on board you have to wait at least 90 days before you can move into the Ramp Agent or Team Leader position. Interview questions are behavior based, (i.e. Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult decision, and what you did to deal with that?) Process is very quick, usually within a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult aspect to behavior based questions, is that many of them seem to sound the same and it can be difficult to think of different situations in which to answer the questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Miami, FL).

Interview

The hiring and interview process consisted of one phone interview followed one one face-to-face interview with the team manager. The questions raised at the face-to-face were evenly split between technical problems and behavioral questions. I was hired shortly after and required to fill out standard new hire documentation before beginning my training.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was the "name your greatest failure" question. Other than that, there was a notable logic question involvingpicking out a ball bearing from several.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview

I posted internally for the highly competitive Ramp Agent vacancy. Applicants were given a supplemental packet to complete, asking questions about personal experience in leadership roles. Based on the results, interviews were given in front of 3 managers. Most of the questions were situational with a few company specific questions. The panel wanted to know about leadership skills, how you deal with people and stressors as well as your potential for management and longevity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult employee who would not comply with instruction.   Answer Question