Fedex Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Swing Courier Interview

Swing Courier

I applied online - interviewed at Fedex Express in March 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is not an easy one, be prepared for unexpected questions, do yourself a favor and look up the company before interviewing

Interview Question – Why should I hire you ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was hourly based.

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fedex Express in March 2010.

Interview Details – Mass interview with a drug test on-site.

Negotiation Details – non negotiable

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler
Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Fedex Express in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was very casual. I wore jeans and a nice shirt. You go to the application facility and type your application in on a computer. Then you get your fingers scanned and take a urine drug test. I was called a couple days later and asked if I still wanted the job.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in February 2009.

Interview Details – Answered a job posting from FedEx website. Was called by hiring manager. Phone interview lasted about one hour. Had to complete and Excel exercise. Then was called in for a 3-person panel interview and 1:1 interview with Director and peers-to-be. Finally received an offer letter. Tried negotiating salary, but hiring manager was not open to negotiations

Interview Question – Excel exercise was detailed and did not provide a whole lot of context   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not open to negotiations

Courier Interview

Courier
Garden City, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – Primitive but that was in 1994.

Interview Question – They had a tape recorder that read off numbers (9 digits long) and you had to write them down. It got faster and faster until it was impossible to do.   Answer Question

Non Dot Package Handler Interview

Non Dot Package Handler
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fedex Express in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was called via phone interview by recruiter two weeks after applying. Then I went into a group interview and drug test. Basically everyone who showed up and passed the drug test and background check were hired a month later.

Interview Question – There were no questions asked.   Answer Question

FT Courier Interview

FT Courier
Albany, NY

I applied through other source and interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – They have an interview system and guidelines they strictly follow for everyone. Several interviews are given to individuals to help narrow down the best candidates.

Interview Question – What do you dis like about FEDEX?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be kind but aggressive. No negotiation on pay because it is already set at scale.

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fedex Express in August 2009.

Interview Details – Applicants for FedEx professional positions typically go through a situational interview with several panelists, to include the hiring manager and Human Resources representative. Other members may include peers for the position which you are interviewing for or members of the management team for which you will be working with. The key to success is to research how FedEx works and correlate past work experience to their business model and job at hand.

Interview Question – I did not find anything unexpected or particularly difficult with the interview process. I remember explaining past working experiences and the excitement I saw in the hiring manager as I answered each question. I never fully understood his excitement until I starting working at FedEx and realized, concepts and practices are common industry wide, we should not be intimidated if we had not performed that exact position before. Draw upon you strengths. Remember your past experiences, both good and bad, prepare you for what challenges lie ahead.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had been laid off from my previous position for four months, so I did not want to risk loosing the offer. I was pleased when they offered me thousands more than I was making at my former position.

Part Time Courier Interview

Part Time Courier

Interviewed at Fedex Express

Interview Details – I applied for the position online, late on a Friday night 7/19/13. From what I've read on here, I was expecting at least a 2 week wait to hear back, if at all. So I was pleasantly surprised to get a call 10 days later on Monday, 7/29 from a recruiter in Atlanta (who spoke in monotone as she left what sounded to be a tired and oft-repeated message with her contact info.). She called my cell at 9:30am but unfortunately I missed the call.

When I tried to return her call, I kept getting a recorded request to enter my "ID" and "password" first (she hadn't made mention of such codes, so I wasn't able to contact her). I tried all day and got the same recording until I tried one last time after 5pm, at which time my call miraculously went straight to her voice mail. In spite of leaving my name & number (and an FYI about the "ID" & "Password" conundrum), she did not return my call. I did try to call twice more that week but she never returned my call.

I assumed that her job may be to call a list of potential interviewees until her roster was full. Therefore I may not have made the cut because I called back too late. It would be nice to have some insight as to that recruiting process. It's a shame to have missed a great opportunity because I missed that phone call. Incidentally, even if I had been able to take her call at the time, I would not have recognized the out-of-state phone number and therefore would not likely have surmised it might be FedEx about a local job. But now I know and this is why I'm posting this info so that others who are applying might be informed and aware.

Today I applied for another local courier position. I'll update this posting if/when I move along in the process. Fortunately, all of my resume data I initially entered had been saved by Fed Ex so the online application process for this job was very expeditious! Looks like Fed Ex knows how to speed things along in all regards!

Part Time Courier Interview

Part Time Courier

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – Pretty simplistic interview process. Phone interview first, and then you get an "in-person" interview at the station with the managers were they ask you behavioral questions, etc. They jot down how you respond.

Interview Question – Be sure to come up with specific situations when asked about a certain time when you did something. Stay on point.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fedex Express