Fedex Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

DOT Courier Part Time Interview

DOT Courier Part Time
Garland, TX

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, 4 weeks later interview was scheduled for Tuesday 9am.

Received a call Monday afternoon stating I was given the wrong time and asked to reschedule for Wednesday 9am. Of course I agreed.

Arrived at Garland TX Station 15 minutes early. I was escorted to the break room to wait.

The interviewer showed up on time and takes me to a conference room where she was joined by another female interviewer. They explained the process and the series of situational questions began.

The ENTIRE time both of these girls were sending and receiving text messages on their personal cell phones. I found this very uncomfortable, unprofessional, distracting and completely unacceptable. How could they possible have been 100% focused on me and my answers while preoccupied with the text messages?

The younger of the 2 interviewers received a text and then left the room after shaking my hand and saying it was nice to meet me. Leaving the other lady there to finish.

The following Tuesday the recruiter called me to see if I was interested in an interview at another station to which I had applied. I told her yes I was interested, but I had just interviewed in Garland last week. She put me on hold and came back to tell me that I was passed over.

I asked her why and she said, "They will always go with the highest score."

Highest score for what?? I never took a test and if those gals scored my answers in between their text messaging then that's pretty rotten.

Overall the experience was disappointing considering I had previous package delivery experience with another company so training would have been minimal.

Their loss.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to follow instructions to complete a job and you did not agree with the instructions. What you found difficult and how you overcame the difficulty...   Answer Question

Courier Interview

Courier
Pacheco, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Fedex Express in May 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was not difficult or too long and involved.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Fed Ex?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotion phase.

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler

Interviewed at Fedex Express

Interview Details – If you can lift 75 lbs and pass background/ drug test your in they also have an usps background check because they are a mail subcontractor. 10 year clean history is required.

Very Easy Interview

Ramp Transport Driver Interview

Ramp Transport Driver
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fedex Express in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was promoted from within. I bid on an open position and there was a supplemental information about previous experience. The most qualified will be accepted over seniority and sent to driving school.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just history and experience   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied in-person and interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – All behavioral panel interview

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

FT Courier Interview

FT Courier
Logan, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in April 2009.

Interview Details – Initial Interview was simple information gathering from the Manager of the Station. Also included were some standardized tests which from what I hear now, have been discontinued due to legal issues. Due to FedEx's Excessive amounts of internal redtape, it took over 1 month to hear back from the hiring manager. I had already begun to work elsewhere.

Interview Question – There was no Q/A session of the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing is negotiable at FedEx, it is Take it or leave it.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at Fedex Express in April 2013.

Interview Details – No HR interview. I had an hour interview with a manager who had an accent. It was hard to understand the questions. I was told to be informed in two weeks. I have never heard back.

Interview Question – You should expect some math, estimation and behaviour questions. It is better to know about the position very well.
-Give me an example from your previous experience when you had to convince your boss and how you did it.
  Answer Question

Handler Interview

Handler

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – No interview just fill out application and take a drug test and if pass drug test and you information is correct will get a call back.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in April 2012.

Interview Details – Proper paperwork, drug free (must pass a drug test)

Negotiation Details – None. Set salary.

Avionics Support Technician Interview

Avionics Support Technician
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fedex Express in January 2013.

Interview Details – Panel interview, with STAR type questions. I had lots of questions. They want to know about my past experience, such what type of aircraft I worked as Avionics Technician. What challenges I had to face on my daily work. Be prepared to give REAL life experiences, they will probe to make sure what you say is for real. Be very specific and to the point.

Interview Question – Define quality.   View Answer