Fedex Express

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.6

Part Time Courier Interview

I applied for the position online, late on a Friday night 7/19/13. From what I've read on here, I was expecting at least a 2 week wait to hear back, if at all. So I was pleasantly surprised to get a call 10 days later on Monday, 7/29 from a recruiter in Atlanta (who spoke in monotone as she left what sounded to be a tired and oft-repeated message with her contact info.). She called my cell at 9:30am but unfortunately I missed the call.

When I tried to return her call, I kept getting a recorded request to enter my "ID" and "password" first (she hadn't made mention of such codes, so I wasn't able to contact her). I tried all day and got the same recording until I tried one last time after 5pm, at which time my call miraculously went straight to her voice mail. In spite of leaving my name & number (and an FYI about the "ID" & "Password" conundrum), she did not return my call. I did try to call twice more that week but she never returned my call.

I assumed that her job may be to call a list of potential interviewees until her roster was full. Therefore I may not have made the cut because I called back too late. It would be nice to have some insight as to that recruiting process. It's a shame to have missed a great opportunity because I missed that phone call. Incidentally, even if I had been able to take her call at the time, I would not have recognized the out-of-state phone number and therefore would not likely have surmised it might be FedEx about a local job. But now I know and this is why I'm posting this info so that others who are applying might be informed and aware.

Today I applied for another local courier position. I'll update this posting if/when I move along in the process. Fortunately, all of my resume data I initially entered had been saved by Fed Ex so the online application process for this job was very expeditious! Looks like Fed Ex knows how to speed things along in all regards!

Part Time Courier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Pretty simplistic interview process. Phone interview first, and then you get an "in-person" interview at the station with the managers were they ask you behavioral questions, etc. They jot down how you respond.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to come up with specific situations when asked about a certain time when you did something. Stay on point.   Answer Question

DOT Courier Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express in August 2013.

Applied online, 4 weeks later interview was scheduled for Tuesday 9am.

Received a call Monday afternoon stating I was given the wrong time and asked to reschedule for Wednesday 9am. Of course I agreed.

Arrived at Garland TX Station 15 minutes early. I was escorted to the break room to wait.

The interviewer showed up on time and takes me to a conference room where she was joined by another female interviewer. They explained the process and the series of situational questions began.

The ENTIRE time both of these girls were sending and receiving text messages on their personal cell phones. I found this very uncomfortable, unprofessional, distracting and completely unacceptable. How could they possible have been 100% focused on me and my answers while preoccupied with the text messages?

The younger of the 2 interviewers received a text and then left the room after shaking my hand and saying it was nice to meet me. Leaving the other lady there to finish.

The following Tuesday the recruiter called me to see if I was interested in an interview at another station to which I had applied. I told her yes I was interested, but I had just interviewed in Garland last week. She put me on hold and came back to tell me that I was passed over.

I asked her why and she said, "They will always go with the highest score."

Highest score for what?? I never took a test and if those gals scored my answers in between their text messaging then that's pretty rotten.

Overall the experience was disappointing considering I had previous package delivery experience with another company so training would have been minimal.

Their loss.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to follow instructions to complete a job and you did not agree with the instructions. What you found difficult and how you overcame the difficulty...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fedex Express in August 2013.

The process was long and slow, took about two months from first interview until employment. Background checks, physicals, secondary interviews. The process seemed to be a little chaotic and not structured very well. Could have been a local management issue instead of company policy though. Interviews were first a phone interview, then a face to face interview then employment.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty straight forward, driving record, work record, etc. No real technical questions involved.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, was told starting salary, accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fedex Express in July 2013.

Interview process is awesome. They are looking for hard working individuals who want to grow with the company. They are looking for open minded individuals. Culture in the work place is outstanding. Very diverse company.

Non Dot Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fedex Express in July 2013.

I was called via phone interview by recruiter two weeks after applying. Then I went into a group interview and drug test. Basically everyone who showed up and passed the drug test and background check were hired a month later.

Material Handler Interview

If you can lift 75 lbs and pass background/ drug test your in they also have an usps background check because they are a mail subcontractor. 10 year clean history is required.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fedex Express.

All behavioral panel interview

FT Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fedex Express in June 2013.

No process really which is a joke

Interview Questions

No real clear leader at location interview was a joke

Handler Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express.

No interview just fill out application and take a drug test and if pass drug test and you information is correct will get a call back.