Fedex Express Material Handler Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

1.4

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview

There was really no interview as a group of us were called in to learn more about the descriptions of the job. If everything is checked out, you should be good to go.

Other Interview Reviews for Fedex Express

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Pretty simple just a quick yes no 6 question phone interview, you just gotta pass the background check and urine test and i would recommend having your license in good standing just so you'll have more options for job duties.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work from the hours of 3am-11am?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

My interviewer showed up late. 30 minutes late. There were no real interview questions. It's basically a quick orientation just get you started. I found this disappointing. It seems they are more interested in just getting bodies to come in vs actually taking the time to find qualified candidates.

Material Handler Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview

Took over a month to get in after waiting outside just to apply. After app session, heard back after about a month for an interview then a call back with an offer and start date that was dated a month later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, offered a starting hourly salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Portland, OR) in November 2014.

Interview

Hiring takes only 2 weeks. I applied and waited for 2 days got a phone call interview, then waited for a week to be facility tour, which mean they pretty much hire you if you went to the tour. After the tour, did some paper work, then do drug test and background check, waited for couple days. DONE. start train and working after drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I applied online and within 3 hours a recruiter called me and asked questions pertaining to the job. They were yes or no questions. I was then asked if I could attend a tour the next day. That day I was pretty much offered the job and signing papers.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Honolulu, HI) in April 2014.

Interview

Answered five questions and said yes to all the questions and simply got the job. Easiest interview I ever had. If you fail the interview process then there is something wrong with you.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Just a few conversations with the recruiter, he basically had me fill out the application online and after a background check he brought me in to fill out the paperwork for hiring once I actually came in we did training the next 3 days and I was offically hired after the last training day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any felonies or anything?   1 Answer

Material Handler Interview

Interview

If you can lift 75 lbs and pass background/ drug test your in they also have an usps background check because they are a mail subcontractor. 10 year clean history is required.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Fedex Express (Buffalo, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied a week and a half before moving to Buffalo, then I got a call 2 weeks late. I went in the following day for an interview and got offered the job. I had to take a drug test and go through a background check. Then I got a call 2 1/2 weeks later saying the process was complete to come in for the actual start date. I had an orientation for a week but had to go for an airport badge and sit through two classes to drive and work on the airfield/ramp. They give you a week to go through a background check and I also got fingerprinted. I then had to apply for a post office application then go to my local state police dept. for an additional fingerprinting. After that I had to go to customs and border patrol to put in for my SIDA badge to have their logo on it. I was then set after 5-6 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everything is explained above.