Fedex Express

2.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Technical interview with detailed case based questions. But then when it came to organization, the interviewer reviled how rigid and structured it is where positions and levels are determined by age and experience years.

Interview Questions
    • Specific demand for examples in my previous work that matched exactly to what they need.   Answer Question

Avionics Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fedex Express in January 2013.

Panel interview, with STAR type questions. I had lots of questions. They want to know about my past experience, such what type of aircraft I worked as Avionics Technician. What challenges I had to face on my daily work. Be prepared to give REAL life experiences, they will probe to make sure what you say is for real. Be very specific and to the point.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express in September 2011.

This was an on campus recruiting event. The initial interview process took place on campus then after a few weeks I was invited to the corporate office for a full day of interviews and an inside look at the company's culture.

Interview Questions
    • Is it possible to have an a project with a negative NPV but a positive IRR and MIRR? And if so what does this mean?   View Answers (2)
    • What is your method for solving a problem?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fedex Express in July 2011.

Internal process was followed for this job, it did include an interview and was also part of a reorg

There wasn't any negotiation for this position

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express in May 2011.

drug test, GED or High School Diploma and COMPLETE education and employemment history.

Interview Questions
    • is this the type of work that you thought you would be doing? (not hard) doesnt matter your answer.   Answer Question

Senior Strategic Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express in April 2011.

Quantitative focus during the interviews. Interviewers were looking for analytical skills kind of work experience. Although the title says Marketing, it is a good corporate strategy kind of role.
    Telephonic interview.
    Panel interview on-site. Also a 1:1 interview with analysts doing similar work.

Interview Questions
    • Couple of Behavioral questions and situational kind of scenarios in past work experiences.   Answer Question
    • Case based - Numerical case on profitability - revenue, costs - fixed and variable. Strategic implications ?   Answer Question

FedEx Express Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fedex Express in November 2009.

I was contacted directly by the hiring manager. I was flown to Memphis and spent the night at a nearby hotel at their expense. A panel interview was conducted the next day which consisted of questions focused on my past and current skills as they related to the position. The interview was then followed by a skills test administered by lead-level employees to whom I would be assigned. I was offered the job via telephone two days after the interview. Time from initial contact to provisional job offer: 10 calendar days. Overall perception: clean and well-maintained office, the people were friendly, professional but stuffy work environment.

Overall, the initial offer only slightly exceeded my current base salary, but did not pay for overtime as my current employer does. The health benefits were the same, but slightly more expensive than those of my current employer. They also offered to pay for the relocation expenses. Despite the lower overall compensation, I was willing to relocate to be closer to family. They told me they were "in a hurry" to fill the position, but when what they thought was a generous offer turned out to be less than my current compensation, salary negotiations slowed to a crawl. I provided responses within 24 to 48 hours because they were "in a hurry", but had to wait weeks for their responses so they could "get approval from higher up" to negotiate a higher salary. In the end, it seemed like a lot of work to uproot my family to get less than what I already have just to be closer to home, so I broke off negotiations and declined the offer. I was also disappointed with how I was being treated.

Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fedex Express in May 2009.

drug test
    online application
    1:1 interview
    strength test

Interview Questions
    it was ok. it took to long

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fedex Express in July 2008.

it went well, very easy and fast. The interview consisted primarily on my ability to fit company culture and experience in customer service.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fedex Express in April 2008.

You sat at one end of the table and at least 3 people sta at the other end. They tell you that they will record (write down) every word you say. They will not be making eye contact sense they are writing everything yoyu say. They each will ask 3 questions (total of 9). They are behavural or situation questions. They will not tell you anything about the job. You were suppose to research the job on your own. They expet you to talk to at least 3 people who are doing the job or have done the job. They expet a lot of reseasrch on your part. They expect you to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • They are all situations, it this situation, what woyuld you do or what did you do.   View Answer
    • They don't tell you anything about the job your applying for!   View Answer
    They will not negotiate! they have a set salary and benefits. They expect you to take the offer or they move on. Unless you have specific skills they need and don't have there is not much you can do. They will always hire for the inside (current employees) first.