Fedex Express

Relevance Date Difficulty

Revenue Analyst Interview

Revenue Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview Details – Technical interview with detailed case based questions. But then when it came to organization, the interviewer reviled how rigid and structured it is where positions and levels are determined by age and experience years.

Interview Question – Specific demand for examples in my previous work that matched exactly to what they need.   Answer Question

Avionics Support Technician Interview

Avionics Support Technician
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fedex Express in January 2013.

Interview Details – Panel interview, with STAR type questions. I had lots of questions. They want to know about my past experience, such what type of aircraft I worked as Avionics Technician. What challenges I had to face on my daily work. Be prepared to give REAL life experiences, they will probe to make sure what you say is for real. Be very specific and to the point.

Interview Question – Define quality.   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fedex Express in July 2011.

Interview Details – Internal process was followed for this job, it did include an interview and was also part of a reorg

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation for this position

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler
Memphis, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in May 2011.

Interview Details – drug test, GED or High School Diploma and COMPLETE education and employemment history.

Interview Question – is this the type of work that you thought you would be doing? (not hard) doesnt matter your answer.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in September 2011.

Interview Details – This was an on campus recruiting event. The initial interview process took place on campus then after a few weeks I was invited to the corporate office for a full day of interviews and an inside look at the company's culture.

Interview Questions

• Is it possible to have an a project with a negative NPV but a positive IRR and MIRR? And if so what does this mean?   View Answer
  • What is your method for solving a problem?   Answer Question

Senior Strategic Marketing Analyst Interview

Senior Strategic Marketing Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in April 2011.

Interview Details – Quantitative focus during the interviews. Interviewers were looking for analytical skills kind of work experience. Although the title says Marketing, it is a good corporate strategy kind of role.
Telephonic interview.
Panel interview on-site. Also a 1:1 interview with analysts doing similar work.

Interview Questions

• Couple of Behavioral questions and situational kind of scenarios in past work experiences.   Answer Question
  • Case based - Numerical case on profitability - revenue, costs - fixed and variable. Strategic implications ?   Answer Question

FedEx Express Interview

FedEx Express
Memphis, TN

The process took a day - interviewed at Fedex Express in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted directly by the hiring manager. I was flown to Memphis and spent the night at a nearby hotel at their expense. A panel interview was conducted the next day which consisted of questions focused on my past and current skills as they related to the position. The interview was then followed by a skills test administered by lead-level employees to whom I would be assigned. I was offered the job via telephone two days after the interview. Time from initial contact to provisional job offer: 10 calendar days. Overall perception: clean and well-maintained office, the people were friendly, professional but stuffy work environment.

Reason for Declining – Overall, the initial offer only slightly exceeded my current base salary, but did not pay for overtime as my current employer does. The health benefits were the same, but slightly more expensive than those of my current employer. They also offered to pay for the relocation expenses. Despite the lower overall compensation, I was willing to relocate to be closer to family. They told me they were "in a hurry" to fill the position, but when what they thought was a generous offer turned out to be less than my current compensation, salary negotiations slowed to a crawl. I provided responses within 24 to 48 hours because they were "in a hurry", but had to wait weeks for their responses so they could "get approval from higher up" to negotiate a higher salary. In the end, it seemed like a lot of work to uproot my family to get less than what I already have just to be closer to home, so I broke off negotiations and declined the offer. I was also disappointed with how I was being treated.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fedex Express in July 2008.

Interview Details – it went well, very easy and fast. The interview consisted primarily on my ability to fit company culture and experience in customer service.

Interview Question – What dont you like about your previous boss   Answer Question

Handler Interview

Handler
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fedex Express in May 2009.

Interview Details – drug test

Negotiation Details – it was ok. it took to long

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Senior Marketing Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fedex Express in January 2007.

Interview Details – It was regular process, with phone interview first and then followed by an onsite. The admin booked everything for me for the travel needs. Three managers incl. the hiring manager gave me hte onsite panel interview. The questions included basic financial, pricing, economic problems and questions, some are situational and some are problem solving. They also arranged a peer to have lunch with me to offer insights. It's professional and established process.

Interview Question – How do you define fixed cost and variable costs.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fedex Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fedex Express interview questions and advice in Memphis, TN. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fedex Express employees and interview candidates.