Fedex Express

Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Manager Interview

Submit a packet and hope you get an interview. Once you finally land an interview all you have to do is follow the STAR method when answering the questions and you are golden. Be specific in your answers and make sure you choose an experience that best answers the question.

Interview Questions
  • Panel style interview can be intimidating. Make sure you practice giving a 5 minute presentation as you will have to do this before they get into the questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fedex Express

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fedex Express in March 2014.

Interview Questions
    • I do not believe this is a part that I can be candidte with you about. This process has also changed dramatically over the years. I may not be able to give you an accurate depection on what the process is for it has changed and continues to change.   Answer Question
    typical

Operations Manager Interview

FedEx Express does not hire externally for Operations Manager positions unless they have exhausted internal postings over a long period of time. However if you are an internal candidate you go through a management mentorship and then you can bid on Manager positions.

Interview Questions
    • I did not think the questions were very difficult. Interviews are panel interviews with behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    There is NO negotiation other than relocation. Its a straight forward salary range.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express in September 2011.

Initial interview for Operations Manager since I had already been employed for several years. Generally FedEx Express will post current opening with in company before going external. Once an employee completes the management training (6 months) they are able to submit a packet for an interview. All interviews for manager will have at least 2 Sr. Managers and 1 HR Representative. All interviews are situation examples.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your created a process and it failed. How did you handle this failure?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a relocation package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express in January 2008.

I was already working for this company and applied on an internal posting. The pay for managers isn't very good unless you are hired off the street because they will start you out at 50% of range instead of 0% as they do with internal candidates. The size and hours of operation of the location can have a big influence on the amount of hours you have to work.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a conflict between two employees and how did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Operation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview with situational questions

Interview Questions
    Letter sent to me with the job offer

Operations Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fedex Express in March 2010.

Prepare internal resume packet

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an enmployee who refuses to follow a directive?   View Answer
    No negotiation, salary is set.