Fedex Express

Updated Nov 9, 2014

1.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Emailed for an interview. I went in got an offer letter that I signed and then was told when to give fingerprints then take a drug test then I was called back a week later to fill out more papers two weeks later I was called and given the dates for my paid training. After the training I started work that Saturday.

Other Interview Reviews for Fedex Express

Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Long wait time between initial application and first "group" interview, which was full of lies. Jump seating was discontinued after 9/11 but they still told us we could do that (2010). Second interview wasn't too bad. Had two managers interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • They just ask about previous experiences. Nothing too hard.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Email inviting you for the interview. In person then dug screen

Interview Questions
    Up front take it or leave it

Package Handler Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fedex Express.

The easiest interview I've ever been through

Interview Questions
    • No questions difficult. For the entry level positions it's basically about if you can handle the physical work.   Answer Question
    Set hourly wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fedex Express in September 2013.

The interview process was very casual. I wore jeans and a nice shirt. You go to the application facility and type your application in on a computer. Then you get your fingers scanned and take a urine drug test. I was called a couple days later and asked if I still wanted the job.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express in April 2012.

Proper paperwork, drug free (must pass a drug test)

None. Set salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fedex Express in October 2010.

FedEx took about three months to contact me after applying for the job. This was back in 2003. I came into the interview and all the questions asked were normal - nothing unusual. Mostly questions regarding experience working within a team, how I'd react to stressful situations, etc. Altogether it was a quick, easy interview followed by a drug test. In 2014, I hear that the hiring process is now just a simple drug test, a tour of the station to see if you'd like to work there, and if you do, then you're hired.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe what you would do if you and your boss disagreed about something.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation over compensation. Everyone starts at the same rate depending on the type of position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fedex Express in May 2010.

Fedex Express was doing a mass hire. Most that were interviewed got hired. There were two interviews, one by recruiter and one by fedex manager. Very quick and easy and not at all scary.

Not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express in April 2010.

I applied through the companys career webpage. Had to call at a specified time and date. Was given an appointment. Reported to location along with 45 other people. You cannot be late or they will turn you away.
    Filled out application, and received phone call the same day. Given drug test and fingerprinted the next day.
    Offered job and started training within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to work in an environment with loud noise, exhaust fumes, lifting heavy items, and work at a fast pace?   Answer Question
    No negotiations on pay. Pay raises are based upon your job evaluations/performance.

Package Handler Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fedex Express in March 2010.

Mass interview with a drug test on-site.

non negotiable