Fedex Express Package Handler Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.0

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview

Emailed for an interview. I went in got an offer letter that I signed and then was told when to give fingerprints then take a drug test then I was called back a week later to fill out more papers two weeks later I was called and given the dates for my paid training. After the training I started work that Saturday.

Other Interview Reviews for Fedex Express

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview

Long wait time between initial application and first "group" interview, which was full of lies. Jump seating was discontinued after 9/11 but they still told us we could do that (2010). Second interview wasn't too bad. Had two managers interviewing.

Interview Questions

• They just ask about previous experiences. Nothing too hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Email inviting you for the interview. In person then dug screen

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Up front take it or leave it

Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fedex Express.

Interview

The easiest interview I've ever been through

Interview Questions

• No questions difficult. For the entry level positions it's basically about if you can handle the physical work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set hourly wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fedex Express (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. I wore jeans and a nice shirt. You go to the application facility and type your application in on a computer. Then you get your fingers scanned and take a urine drug test. I was called a couple days later and asked if I still wanted the job.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Proper paperwork, drug free (must pass a drug test)

Negotiation

None. Set salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express (Savannah, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

Three part interview. First visit was all paperwork and job history/background check. The second round was a phone interview. The third part was a physical interview with the hiring manager and Senior manager. I thought I had been dropped after the first phase but followed up at the end of the first week and was told background paperwork was going slowly. I received a call back days after.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you faced an unexpected problem and explain how you overcame it. The interview was very relaxed. The managers were personable and didn't put much pressure on me during the interview. I had little work experience at 19 and they reiterated that there were no wrong answers and to just answer each question as best as I can. Eye contact and confident speech regardless of how insignificant the subject matter goes a long way in this company of honest working class people.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fedex Express (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

FedEx took about three months to contact me after applying for the job. This was back in 2003. I came into the interview and all the questions asked were normal - nothing unusual. Mostly questions regarding experience working within a team, how I'd react to stressful situations, etc. Altogether it was a quick, easy interview followed by a drug test. In 2014, I hear that the hiring process is now just a simple drug test, a tour of the station to see if you'd like to work there, and if you do, then you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Please describe what you would do if you and your boss disagreed about something.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation over compensation. Everyone starts at the same rate depending on the type of position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fedex Express (Anchorage, AK) in May 2010.

Interview

Fedex Express was doing a mass hire. Most that were interviewed got hired. There were two interviews, one by recruiter and one by fedex manager. Very quick and easy and not at all scary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fedex Express (Oakland, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied through the companys career webpage. Had to call at a specified time and date. Was given an appointment. Reported to location along with 45 other people. You cannot be late or they will turn you away.
    Filled out application, and received phone call the same day. Given drug test and fingerprinted the next day.
    Offered job and started training within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work in an environment with loud noise, exhaust fumes, lifting heavy items, and work at a fast pace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations on pay. Pay raises are based upon your job evaluations/performance.