Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Fedex Express
- Package Handler (17)
- Courier (15)
- Material Handler (13)
- Part Time Courier (11)
- Non Dot Package Handler (10)
- FT Courier (10)
- Operations Manager (9)
- Financial Analyst (8)
- Handler (5)
- Ramp Agent (4)
- Customer Service Representative (4)
- Swing Courier (4)
- Senior Business Analyst (3)
- Part Time Package Handler (3)
- Inside Sales Representative (3)
- Account Executive (3)
- Dispatcher (2)
- Customer Service Agent (2)
- DOT Handler (2)
- PT Courier (1)
- Industrial Engr-As (1)
- Manager Pricing (1)
- Hub Handler (1)
- Operation Research (1)
- Avionics Support Technician (1)
- Delivery Courier (1)
- DOT Courier Part Time (1)
- PM Courier (1)
- Dispacther (1)
- Part Time Courier (DOT) (1)
Swing Courier Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Fedex Express in December 2013.
A few days after applying on glass door a recruiter located in Atlanta, GA called me to discuss the position with me. She setup a secondary phone interview with an HR recruiter located in Memphis, TN who called me in the next couple of days. They then sent me to a local clinic to take a drug test and have a DOT health screening. And finally I had an in person interview with both the office and district managers who hired me right there. The following weekend I did a few simple multiple question tests on a computer and took a short safety driving course in one of the FedEx delivery trucks. I then started my first day of work on the following weekday.
- Tel us about a time when you had to be assertive and make a difficult decision on a previous job. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Fedex Express
Swing Courier InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 5 days – interviewed at Fedex Express (Sacramento, CA) in January 2010.
Interview was fast asked about previous experience
- Any points on record Answer Question
Swing Courier InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Fedex Express in March 2009.
The hiring and interview process is not an easy one, be prepared for unexpected questions, do yourself a favor and look up the company before interviewing
- Why should I hire you ? 1 Answer
No negotiation, it was hourly based.
Swing Courier InterviewAccepted Offer
I applied online – interviewed at Fedex Express.
My transition into a full-time Swing Courier position happened through the company's hourly-employee CareerOps intranet system. When this happens, a job posts into a database that is updated weekly, hourly employees view the vacancies and bid on them. Whoever has the highest points in the system (based upon seniority, time in grade, etc.) gets the job offer. I was actually a part-time box handler at an airport before I made my first successful bid into a courier role.
- Just remember STAR interview methods. The manager will ask you a question about how you handled a situation. You respond by describing the Situation (S), what your Task (T) was, the Action (A) you took, and finally the Result (R) of your action. Managers want SPECIFIC situations of when you overcame an obstacle or executed professional judgement, not just a vague response as to how you generally react to all situations. Answer Question